Chapter 42

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was later that evening when Heechul, Leeteuk, and Henry and Sungmin got back home. The sun had already begun to set and since it was around dinner time anyways they brought home some Chinese food, per request of their little Chinese chipmunk Henry. As they walked through the front door and headed into the kitchen to set the bags of food on the table, Heechul called for the rest of the boys to come. A few minutes later, Donghae and Eunhyuk appeared, hand in hand. Henry smirked at them as he pulled out some plates from the cabinet but said nothing.

“Where’s Kibum?” Leeteuk asked the two, pulling their hands apart as they walked to the table. He knew that holding hands was only the first part. Next they would want to cuddle, then kiss, then make out, then…nope, no holding hands allowed.  They had to stay innocent forever.

“Probably still in his room being cranky. He’s been in a bad mood all day,” Donghae informed them as they set the table up.

“Sungmin, will you go tell him to come down and eat?” Heechul asked, and Sungmin left to go get the younger boy.

“He hasn’t eaten all day, hyung. I tried to get him to take his medicine but he wouldn’t and he refused to eat too,” Eunhyuk told him as they all sat down at the table. Heechul nodded but said nothing; he’d have a talk with Kibum later to see what was going on. The constant mood swings were beginning to get old. Sungmin came back alone a minute or so later and sat down next to Henry.

“He so rudely told me to go away,” He said in a miffed voice, pouting his lips out as Leeteuk handed him a bowl of soup. Heechul sighed and got up to walk out of the kitchen. He went upstairs and headed to Kibum’s room and walked through the door without knocking.

“What’s with your attitude today, Kibum?” Heechul said in his umma voice. It was one thing to be upset about something, but to just be in a bad mood and be mean to everyone was unacceptable. Kibum glanced up from where he was sitting on his bed and shrugged. He was re-reading the letter from Tiffany and put it back into the envelope again and mumbled something to Heechul.

“Come down stairs to the kitchen and eat dinner with your family. Drop the attitude, it’s getting old,” Heechul told him. He knew that he was being harsh; he didn’t even know why Kibum was being like this. But if it was any of his other children he’d treat them the same way. Attitudes were not accepted and neither was mouthing off to your brothers.

Kibum reluctantly followed Heechul down to the kitchen and took his place next to Donghae. Heechul gave him some food and he slowly began to eat, not bothering to join in the conversation going around.

“Henry, what does my fortune cookie say?” Eunhyuk asked his brother, holding out the piece of paper with Chinese words in it. Henry reached out and took it and read it to himself. He looked up at Eunhyuk and smiled.

“It says, ‘Why you no confess your love to Donghae?’,” He said sweetly, batting his squinty eyes at his brother. Everyone laughed and Eunhyuk glowered at him and snatched it back, sticking his tongue out at Henry.

“Henry, that’s not any of your business,” Leeteuk scolded him, although he couldn’t help but grin at his playful son.

“What does mine say?” Sungmin asked, handing his over as well. Henry looked at it and thought seriously for a moment, putting his Chinese to good use. While they all enjoyed their dinner together, Kibum kept to himself and finished his meal. He left the table without a word, which was rude, and went back to his room, closing the door behind him. He crawled to the head of the bed and took Tiffany’s letter out from under his pillow and put it back in the nightstand. He pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his head against them.

Awhile later after dinner was finished, Heechul walked upstairs to have a chat with Kibum. He wanted to know what was putting the boy in a bad mood. It wasn’t unusual for him to get like this though and Heechul knew that being cranky was just Kibum’s way of protecting himself, but he needed to know why. He knocked on the door and let himself in again and saw Kibum sulking on his bed. He walked over to the boy and sat by him.

“Kibum, let’s talk,” Heechul told him.

“I don’t want to,” Kibum replied, not lifting his head.

“I want to. Tell me what’s bothering you; did Eunhyuk or Donghae do something to upset you today?” Heechul asked him.

Kibum shook his head no.

“Are you just upset because me and Teuk were gone today?”

Kibum shook his head again.

“Is it because-“

“Hyung, please just stop. I don’t want to talk about it,” Kibum said, trying to keep the annoyance out of his voice. He wasn’t angry with Heechul at all and he definitely didn’t want to snap at him; he was just feeling really annoyed and irritable at the moment. He didn’t know why and he couldn’t stop it, and that just made it even worse.

“Fine, but you’re not staying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter