Chapter 17

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul glanced down beside him at Kibum who was sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table concentrating on his school work. He’d been working hard for the last two hours trying to catch up on all the work that he had missed. Heechul was glad that he had something to capture his attention because ever since Kibum had told him about what happened a few months ago, he’d been oddly quieter than usual. Heechul couldn’t blame him either; that had been the saddest story he had ever heard before. Of course Kibum was going to recluse more.

But Heechul knew that there was more to it than just what he’d been told. It was no wonder why Kibum was the way he was, always clinging to Heechul like he was his life line. Poor Kibum…I can’t believe he found his sister like that.

His thoughts were interrupted when Kibum closed his text book and sighed, leaning his head onto his hands tiredly.

“Another headache?” Heechul guessed sympathetically. Kibum nodded but didn’t respond to him. He’d been having a lot of headaches lately, migraines really. The medication that the doctor had prescribed was doing great to suppress the need for drugs, but they were giving him horrible headaches to the point he’d start crying hurt so bad.

Heechul patted the couch next to him and Kibum moved to sit next to him and lean against him and closed his eyes to rest. All of a sudden Heechul’s phone began to ring and when he picked it up he was surprised to see that it was Hongki calling, since it was in the middle of the school day.

“Yoboseyo,” He answered.

“Chul, Mir’s in here crying and he won’t stop. He swears that he’s sick and needs to go home,” Hongki said in an amused tone; obviously Mir never got sick.

“What’s wrong with him? Let me talk to him,” Heechul said with a frown, wondering what his son was up to. The was a pause and then phone was handed over to Mir.

“Umma, I want to go home,” Mir whimpered in a distressed voice.

“Sweetie, you still have two hours of school left. What’s wrong?” Heechul asked in his sweet umma voice. He hated to hear Mir cry, it broke his heart.

“I just want to come home. Please,” Mir begged.

“Give appa the phone, baby,” Heechul said.

“What do you want to do? Pick him up or make him stay because I can’t leave,” Hongki said as he hugged his crying son.

“I’ll come get him,” Heechul replied.

“Alright, I’m sending him to the office, class is starting. Bye,” Hongki said, ending the call.

“Kibum, I have to go get Mir. Are you coming?” Heechul asked him, already positive that Kibum would immediately say yes. Kibum nodded and they stood up and walked to the front door, Heechul made Kibum put on a jacket, and then they headed out to the car together.

They arrived at the school twenty minutes later and Kibum followed Heechul closely as they walked inside and to the front office. Mir was waiting patiently on one of the chairs by the wall and once the two walked in he immediately stood up and walked over to them. But instead of going straight to Heechul, Mir went do Kibum and hugged him tightly, burying his face in his shoulder. Heechul sighed, wandering what was wrong, and went to go sign him out.

It was silent as they walked to the car together, Mir holding onto Kibum’s hand tightly. The two younger boys got into the backseat and Heechul drove away from the school.

“Umma, can we leave for Teukie umma’s tonight?” Mir asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter