Chapter 68

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, I need to tell you something,” Donghae said, quickly following Heechul down the stairs early the next morning.

“Not now, Hae, I’m busy,” Heechul replied, bustling around and looking for his purse. He’d gotten a call from the doctor a little while ago saying that they’d found the right antidote for Kibum and would be starting him on dialysis in an hour. So he and Leeteuk were going to head over to the hospital for a few hours while that happened.

“But hyung, it’s important,” Donghae complained, following Heechul down the hall as he checked on the rest of the boys, who were still sleeping peacefully in their beds. Heechul shut the door to Henry’s room and glanced at Donghae. Seeing the urgency in his eyes he stopped to listen.

“Alright, what is it?” He asked, wondering where Leeteuk was with his purse.

“Last night I was in Kibum’s room and I read this,” Donghae began, holding out Kibum’s journal and flipping it open to the last entry. Heechul narrowed his eyes and put his hands on his hips.

“That better not be what I think it is, Lee Donghae. No, I don’t want to hear this. Go put that back right now,” Heechul said, heading out to the foyer.

“But hyung! I was just trying to find answers because you won’t tell us what’s really going on,” Donghae pressed on, quickly following after him. Leeteuk was waiting at the door with Heechul’s purse.

“Donghae that journal is so private. Kibum is never going to forgive you,” Heechul said as Leeteuk held the door open for him and they walked out together. Donghae sighed in frustration and quickly slid his feet into his shoes and ran after them, hopping in the back off the car before they could protest. Heechul sighed and gave him a look in the rear view mirror, but didn’t say anything as they pulled away.

“Hyung, I know that it was wrong to read this, and it wasn’t easy either. Kibum said a lot of mean things and it hurt to read. But anyways – “Donghae began again.

“Donghae, I really don’t want to hear it,” Heechul cut him off. Leeteuk just kept silent, but agreed whole-heartedly with Heechul.

“No hyung, listen to me! In the last entry Kibum says that he knows who killed his sister!” Donghae exclaimed loudly. Heechul just sighed, not surprised to hear this at all.

“Donghae, listen to me. That journal is very private; you should be ashamed of yourself for reading it. Secondly, you know that Kibum blames himself for her death; he’s always going to think it’s his fault. Now be quiet or I’ll turn around and take you back home,” Heechul said sternly.  Donghae huffed in annoyance and crossed his arms. Hyung, you aren’t listening.

The rest of the ride to the hospital was in silence. When they reached the building, Donghae obediently followed Heechul and Leeteuk inside. As they walked through the doors that lead to the hall where Kibum’s room was, they heard a bunch of commotion and a crowd of people gathered outside of the room. Heechul told Leeteuk and Donghae to go on inside, he’d see what was going on.

“Mr. Kim, these people are here to see Kibum but I told them that they cannot see him since we’re about to start dialysis,” The doctor said exasperatedly, having tried to make everyone leave so his patient could get his treatment. Heechul glared at all the men.

“Whatever it is you have to say can wait. My baby is sick and he does not need all this commotion,” He said coldly.

“Mr. Kim, I am the attorney assigned to Kibum’s guardianship. I will need to talk to you immediately,” One of the men said, stepping forward. Heechul sighed and shook his head.

“Fine, but let me see Kibum first,” He said, pushing past them all and into the room, followed by the doctor.

When he entered the room, he sat Kibum sitting up in bed and looking a little better than he did last night. Heechul smiled at and walked over to give Kibum a kiss on the forehead.

“How are you feeling?” He asked him. Kibum shrugged and coughed slightly. The oxygen mask had been replaced by the smaller tube that went under his nose instead, so at least that wasn’t bothering him.

“Not too good,” He replied tiredly, leaning back into the pillows propped up behind him.

“Not to worry, we’re going to start the dialysis now,” The doctor said as a nurse entered the room with an IV bag filled with liquid in it. She went over and removed the water bag and hooked the new one up.

“How long will it take?” Leeteuk asked from where he was sitting beside Kibum.

“It should take about an hour to finish entering his body and another two hours for it to flow through his system and get the medicine where it needs to be. I’d say mid-afternoon he’s going to start feeling better. But in any case, Kibum, you will be feeling some side effects. Headache, light nausea, raised temperature; nothing too severe,” The doctor explained. Kibum nodded and glanced down at his arm where the needle was taped in.

“Hyung, will you stay?” Kibum asked Heechul hopefully

“I will in a little while, okay? I need to go talk with those men in the hallway first,” Heechul told him. Kibum nodded understandingly. Heechul gave him another kiss and then walked back out into the hallway to deal with the three men. The doctor followed him out and closed the door behind him.

“There is an empty meeting room, 214, around the corner that you can you,” He told them all.

They all headed down the hall to the empty room. Once everyone was all seated, Heechul looked around at them all. The first man was a short, chubby guy that was balding. He was wearing a police uniform and his badge read juvenile officer.  Heechul narrowed his eyes at him and pointed to the door.

“You can just leave. Now. Kibum is not going to Juvvie,” He said bluntly.

“That’s not your call, Mr. Kim,” The officer said, although he felt intimidated by Heechul’s boldness.

“No, but it is mine,” The man on the end said. The all looked over at him and he pulled out a badge that read Shin Donghee. “I’m Inspector Shin Donghee, and Kim Kibum is under my jurisdiction. So now, I pardon him from Juvvie. You may leave, sir,” He said. Heechul ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter