Chapter 71

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Monday evening, Kibum woke up to dull rays of sunlight in his room through his window. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and sat up in bed, glancing at the clock on the nightstand. It was five-thirty and he’d just woken up from a nice, long nap. Mir had gone back to school today and was staying with Hongki for the week, and Leeteuk had taken Henry, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Sungmin back home for two days since Henry had a recital. So things were back to normal, just him and Heechul; just the way Kibum liked it.

He leisurely got out of bed walked out of his room and headed downstairs. He went into the living room where he’d left the book that he was currently reading last night. However, when he walked into the room he saw someone that he’d never seen before, a police officer by the looks of it, sitting on the couch across from Heechul. He was about to turn around and go back to his room, but Heechul had caught sight of him.

“Kibum, come here please,” Heechul said, beckoning him over. Kibum sighed as a feeling of apprehension filled him. He slowly walked over to Heechul and stood at his side, refusing to look over at the other man. He knew that this was going to happen sooner or later, but preferred it would happen later. Much later. So this is why everyone left; hyung set me up.

“Yes, hyung?” Kibum said lightly, feigning innocence. Heechul patted the seat next to him and Kibum slowly sat down, looking up at Heechul with aegyo eyes, telepathically sending him a message that he’d much rather leave and go back to his room. Unfortunately the message didn’t seem to get across.

“Kibum, this is Inspector Donghee. Remember? I told you that he wants to talk to you,” Heechul told him slowly, hoping that Kibum wouldn’t freak out again. This needed to get over with quickly. While whoever had hurt Kibum had been stagnant for the past week, Heechul knew the guy was still out there. Kibum knew who it was and if he would just tell the inspector than the guy would go to jail.

“Hello, Kibum. I don’t think you’ve heard yet, but I’ve re-opened the case of Kim Dayeun, your sister – “ Inspector Donghee began, but Kibum quickly cut him off.

“I know who she is, thank you very much,” Kibum snapped, leaning back in the couch and crossing his arms, narrowing his eyes at the man. Heechul didn’t even say anything about his rudeness; he knew this wasn’t going to be easy and Kibum tended to get mean when he felt anxious.

“Well, we’ve re-opened her murder case,” The inspector repeated. Kibum didn’t reply, but sat there glaring as hard as he could at him. Heechul sighed and put his hand on Kibum’s shoulder.

“Kibum, you have to talk about this. Either talk here now or you’ll have to go to the station to be interrogated,” Heechul coaxed him to talk.

“I already told them everything I knew the first time around!” Kibum said defensively, not wanting to talk about this. Why did they have to bother him? No one cared the first time around, so why now?

“Last time we talked to you was the day after her death, you were still in shock. I think you’ll be able to remember some more now that time has passed,” Inspector Donghee explained, opening a folder and pulling out a paper.

“I don’t. Leave me alone,” Kibum said irritably, his head starting to hurt from glaring so hard.

“Please think for a moment, Kibum. Was there anything suspicious going on around that time? Any people coming to the house?” The Inspector questioned him.

“I said I don’t know!” Kibum exclaimed, sitting up straight. Heechul sighed; he really didn’t want to bring this up, but…

“Your journal says otherwise, Kibum. Donghae said that you wrote that you knew who – “ He began.

“I do not!” Kibum objected, angry that Heechul was even bringing that up.

“Kibum, if you wrote that you know who killed her then obviously you do. Now,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter