Chapter 62

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on, let’s check over here,” Leeteuk said, pulling on Heechul’s hand. They were both walking around outside in the trees. They weren’t looking for anything really, just searching for something that could give them a clue. It had been raining all night, so whoever wrote that message on Kibum’s window had to have left footprints in the mud of something.

“This is stupid, Leeteuk. We’re not going to find anything. Besides, whoever is stalking Kibum is long gone by now,” Heechul said irritably. It was cold and raining and he did not want to be outside any longer. He just wanted to go back and stay by Kibum’s side, to make sure his baby was okay. It had taken so long to get him to calm down, but by then he couldn’t even remember what he’d dreamt about that had scared him so badly.

“Heechul, someone was sneaking around my house writing creepy messages with blood. I want to make sure there is no one out here. What if they’re still hiding out or – “ Leeteuk began.

“Or dropped something?” Heechul suggested, throwing out his arm to stop his boyfriend from stepping forward. Leeteuk frowned and looked down to see what he was indicating, and there he saw a silver trinket lying in the wet grass. Heechul bent down and picked it up, holding it out so they could both see it. It was a small locket with a little bit of broken chain on it.

“A locket? Open it, maybe there’s a picture inside,” Leeteuk said. Heechul nodded and put his fingers in the slit where it would open, but it wouldn’t budge.

“I don’t think it opens. Can we go back inside now? I’m soaking wet,” Heechul said, shoving the trinket in his pocket.

“Alright, diva,” Leeteuk said with a smirk, reaching his hand out to take Heechul’s. The headed out of the forest and back towards the house. When they neared it, Heechul glanced at the window to the room Kibum was staying in. They’d cleaned the message off earlier, much to their disgust it was written in bird blood because there was a mangled bird on the ground outside of the window. He sighed softly, wishing that whoever was doing this would stop. Kibum didn’t deserve to be treated this way. It was going to make him paranoid or something.

When they stepped inside the house, the first thing they noticed was the loud music filling the air; it was Henry playing his violin. He was in his room practicing, as he had another recital coming up in a few weeks. Only this time, he wasn’t in his room alone. Sitting on the edge of the bed listening in complete awe was Kibum, who’d never heard Henry play before. It was completely magnificent, magical, and nothing like he’d ever heard before.

“You’re amazing, Henry! That was really…just wow!” Kibum exclaimed once Henry put down his violin and bow. Henry smiled shyly and thanked him softly as he put his instrument back in the case. Normally he would practice for eight hours a day, but today he just didn’t feel like it.

“Let’s go downstairs and ask umma’s if we can go to the park,” Henry said, and Kibum nodded. Of course, he was blissfully unaware of the message on his window. He’d been too worked up to even notice and so Heechul and Leeteuk saw no need to scare him anymore. Plus, Henry didn’t even know what had gone on this morning.

The two headed downstairs in search for their brother, but instead they found Leeteuk and Heechul, who were both wet from the rain.

“Umma, we wanna go out to the park,” Henry announced.

“No, Henry, stay inside today. It’s raining anyways,” Leeteuk objected. There was no way in hell he was letting his baby go outside when there was a potential murder on the loose.

“But umma, we’re bored!” Henry complained, tugging on his mother’s arm. Leeteuk gave him the umma look, but Henry wouldn’t back down.

“Just let them go, Teuk,” Heechul said.

“But Chul, what if – “ Leeteuk began, but stopped when Heechul gave him a look.  Heechul didn’t want Kibum to suspect that anything was going on. He was doing just fine after the nightmare, Heechul didn’t want to mess that up. Besides, whoever was stalking him wasn’t going to hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter