Chapter 79

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum sat by his window, looking through his picture book for the millionth time by moonlight. It was late and he knew that he should have gone to bed long ago, but sleep just wouldn’t come; there was just too much on his mind. As the late hours passed by in a breeze, Kibum thought about tomorrow and what he was going to do. He’d already made up his mind to go visit her grave, but he didn’t know what to do after that. He’d only visited a grave once in his life, when he was seven. It was a great-grandparent or some sort of relationship that he didn’t know, but he watched his mother and father talk to the grave and cry a bit, smile and laugh as they told funny stories about the person…but he didn’t know if he was going to be able to do that for Dayeun.

He gave a heavy sigh and closed his book, setting it aside on the nightstand near the bed. Glancing out the window one last time, Kibum looked up at the stars and made a promise to himself that no matter what, tomorrow he was going to remember Dayeun in her happy days. Sure, he was going to feel sad and bitter, but Jia always told him to think about the good things in life. What would be the point in even going to the grave if he was just going to wallow in tears? No, Dayeun would want me to smile, at least for her, Kibum thought, moving across his room. Instead of going to bed, and ignoring the fact that it was well past three in the morning, Kibum walked across the hall and pushed open the door to Heechul’s room and headed over to the bed.

“Hyung, wake up,” He whispered, shaking Heechul’s shoulder slightly.

“What?” Heechul yawned, half-asleep, without opening his eyes.

“Tomorrow, will you go with me to visit Dayeun?” Kibum asked, and with that Heechul opened his eyes and stared at him, frowning slightly.

“Kibum, that’s something for you and Tiffany to do alone,” He said, sitting up in bed wide awake.

“I want you to meet her though,” Kibum told him, looking at him with a hopeful look in his eyes. Heechul smiled and ruffled his hair playfully, but he still shook his head no.

“I’m sorry, but not tomorrow. I’ll definitely come another day with you though, but I think that tomorrow should just be you and Tiffany,” Heechul decline earnestly. Not that he didn’t want to go, but it was out of respect.

“It’s just that…I don’t know if I’ll get the courage to go again,” Kibum confessed quietly.

“You will, Kibum. You want to know why? Because you’ve come so far in the past year. You went through so many hardships but in the end you got the courage to go tomorrow. If you can do that, you can do it again in the future,” Heechul promised him. Kibum nodded and gave him a soft smile and Heechul pulled him in for a hug. “Come on, you can sleep with me tonight.”

Kibum scooted underneath the blankets and snuggled up comfortably to Heechul, who wrapped his arm around Kibum’s waist. It didn’t take long for sleep to hit him, and Kibum was able to fall asleep with a smile on his face and a positive outlook for tomorrow.

Tiffany stood outside the park gates, waiting patiently in her pretty white dress. Of course, it was traditional to wear black, but both she and Kibum had agreed that black was too depressing and that they would wear white.

It was late morning, nearly eleven-thirty, and Kibum was due to show up any minute. She wasn’t worried that he wouldn’t show up; Tiffany had faith in Kibum because she knew that he loved Dayeun too much to really skip going today.

“Sorry, were you waiting long?”

She turned around and smile as Kibum walked over to her with a bouquet of white roses in his hands. She shook her head and stepped forward so they could give each other a hug.

“Nope, not at all. Are you ready?” She replied. Kibum nodded and they linked arms and began to walk through town together towards the cemetery.

“You look really pretty,” Kibum said, glancing away shyly.

“Thanks,” Tiffany replied bashfully, feeling her heart skip a beat.

They arrived at the cemetery about ten minutes later and when they did, Tiffany sighed in relief.

It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter