Chapter 36

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul and Donghae were in the living room the next morning, unpacking the last few boxes that went to that room. The sun was shining brightly through the windows and lit up the room nicely. Although it was silent with no conversation, the tension and resentment that had been in the atmosphere lately was gone. The scowl on Donghae’s face had been replaced by a serene look from being deep in thought, eagerly awaiting the arrival of his family who would be there any minute now.

Heechul glanced at him and wandered how the day was going to go. He knew that Donghae resented his actions and was going to apologize, but it was going to be hard for both him and Kibum. But he wasn’t worried, they were both good kids and all they wanted was each other’s friendship back. So when they heard the front door opening, Heechul smiled when he saw Donghae perk up and immediately ran from the room.

“Fishy!” Eunhyuk exclaimed happily as his boyfriend glomped onto him excitedly, holding him as if they hadn’t seen each other in ten years.

“Monkey, I missed you so much! I lov-“ Donghae immediately cut himself off and blushed as everyone looked at them.

“What were you going to say, Donghae?” Henry asked with a wink, elbowing him playfully.

Heechul walked over to the group with a smile on his face. Instead of going to his lover, he went straight to Kibum and pulled him into his embrace lovingly.

“Welcome home, Kibum, I’ve missed you,” He said softly, placing a kiss on Kibum’s forehead.

“I missed you so much, hyung,” Kibum whispered, burying his face into Heechul’s chest, content to never let go of him again. One week apart was too much and he never wanted to do that again. As much as he liked Leeteuk too, Kibum just needed Heechul the most.

“Hey, what about me!?” Sungmin exclaimed, latching onto Heechul too and looking up at him with aegyo eyes.

“Eh, not so much,” Heechul teased playfully.

They moved into the living room to catch up with each other and such. Kibum clung to Heechul’s side, refusing to let go. He kept silent while everyone chatted, leaning against Heechul’s body and watching as everyone talked. Every now and then he would glance over at Donghae, who was talking happily with Eunhyuk. He hadn’t so much as even looked at Kibum, which made the latter think that he was still mad at him. I’ll just try to apologize again, because it’s really my fault anyways…He didn’t care what it took, Kibum just wanted his brother back.

Heechul seemed to notice the dilemma, each boy wanting to talk to the other but too nervous to do so. So being the good umma he was, he fixed this.

“Donghae, why don’t you show Kibum where his room is?” Heechul suggested after awhile. Donghae nodded and stood up to walk out of the room, and Heechul nudged Kibum to follow him.

The two went upstairs and to a room at the end of the hallway. Donghae pushed the door open and the lights as they walked in. Kibum glanced around and his heart fell slightly when he realized that he had his own room. He liked sharing a room with Donghae, but apparently Donghae didn’t share the same feelings.

“Heechul’s room is across the hall,” Donghae said eventually, sensing Kibum’s discomfort.

“Donghae-“

“Kibum-“

They both stopped and looked at each other. Kibum quickly averted his eyes and stared at the floor, crossing his arms around his body uncomfortably. Donghae sighed and shuffled his feet.

“Kibum, I’m really sorry for the way I acted to you. Heechul told me what happened, and I’m sorry,” Donghae said. Kibum glanced up at him and stared him in the eyes.

“Would you still have apologized if Heechul hadn’t told you?” He asked quietly, hoping with every might that Donghae would say yes, because if he didn’t it meant this was just out of pity. Donghae opened his mouth to answer but closed it, because even he knew that he wouldn’t have.

“It’s not that I wouldn’t have, but I just –“ Donghae tried to say, but he stopped when he saw the hurt expression on Kibum’s face.

“Never mind, you apologized. Its fine,” Kibum said quickly, turning to leave and go back downstairs before he started crying. He’d already promised himself that there would be no more tears.

As he walked down the stairs he heard a commotion coming from the living room and when he stepped in he saw Mir’s smiling and happy face. The younger boy stopped what he was doing and rushed over to Kibum, throwing his arms around him and hugging him tightly.

“Kibummie! I missed you! So much! Super duper a lot! Ahh, my boyfriend,” Mir exclaimed gleefully while squeezing the life out of Kibum.

“Mireu, let him breathe,” Heechul said with a chuckle. But Mir paid him no attention and quickly let go of Kibum and moved on to Donghae, who’d just entered the room as well. Kibum took this chance to escape and quickly went back over to Heechul and clung to him.

The rest of the morning went by smoothly and it seemed like things were back to normal. Everyone was happy and enjoying their time together and it seemed like not a thing could go wrong. When lunch time came everyone gathered around the kitchen table to eat. Henry and Mir bickered about who got to sit next to Heechul and Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Donghae were practically sitting on each other’s laps (causing a many hoot and jeers from everyone). They all talked while they ate, but once again Kibum was just pushing the food around the plate, only eating once Heechul gave him the Umma Look.

Once lunch was over, everyone went off to do their own thing. Donghae and Eunhyuk disappeared into Donghae’s room, Henry went off to call his best friend Zhou Mi, and Leeteuk and Heechul took Sungmin upstairs for a long talk. This left Mir and Kibum together, which was just want Mir wanted.

When everyone had disappeared, Mir took Kibum’s hand and led the way to his bedroom and closed the door. He smiled at Kibum as they sat down on the bed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter