Chapter 57

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum lay on the couch with one of his arms sprawled across his stomach and he stared at the ceiling with a blank expression. He had his legs propped up and his feet were comfortably warm under Mir’s , who was sitting on the end of the couch playing Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass on his Nintendo DS. Although Kibum hadn’t done anything but read the book Sense and Sensibility for a majority of the day he felt completely drained; physically and mentally. While reading a book and spending time with his family did distract him, the visual image of the memories that he’d tried so hard to block away stayed on his mind. He wished that at times like this his existence was none, so that he would never have to relive that day ever again. Unfortunately he was only human, so it wasn’t that easy. All he could do now was to try harder to push memories to the back of mind again and lock away for good.

Across from the couch sitting in his chair, Heechul was texting on his phone. He had informed both about what had happened this morning. Like him, both of his friends shared the thought that someone was trying to get to Kibum, possibly the true killer of Dayeun. The three adults were in alliance of the thought that their children were possibly in danger. While Kibum was a one-dimensional thinker, only able to see what could hurt him, they could see farther than that. Someone knew where Kibum was, someone had been watching him; that very thought was completely unnerving.

Setting down his phone, Heechul looked over at the boys and just watched them for a few moments. Mir was completely taken in by his game and could probably go all night playing if no one interrupted him. Unfortunately for him, Heechul was going to take it away soon and make him start doing his homework. Mir was still skipping a few classes a week and not turning in his assignments; Heechul knew that sooner or later they’d be getting a call from the principal if Mir kept this up.

“Mir, you need to put the game away and start working on homework,” Heechul said, breaking the silence that had lasted nearly all day.

“I don’t have any, umma,” Mir said without looking up from his game.

“Liar,” Kibum commented, unmoving from his position. He was really comfortable like this and was sure that if he wasn’t forced to move then he’d easily be able to fall asleep for a much needed nap.

“Mind you own business,” Mir said, furrowing his brows as his game character almost fell into the ocean.

“I know you have homework, Mir, because you brought home your backpack. Don’t you lie to me,” Heechul said in a stern voice. Mir sighed and paused his game to look at his umma with defiant eyes.

“I can’t do it, its English homework. Henry is busy tonight so he can’t help me,” He lied easily. Kibum retracted his feet from under Mir and sat up and excused himself to his room. He knew that now would be a great time to disappear. Lying to Heechul was the worst possible thing anyone could do; Mir was about to get in a lot of trouble, especially when he’d told Kibum that he had math homework,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter