Chapter 77

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With every week that passed, Kibum slowly began to feel better. The fog in his mind was beginning to fade little by little and he felt himself able to open up more. Sessions with Jia helped him greatly and even he had to admit that. It was hard at first and they started off slowly, but the psychologist helped Kibum learn how to trust others and speak about his emotions, breaking down each of the walls he’d built to protect him. Admittingly, it was not an easy task and the depression was still there, but that was fixed quickly on, as Jia had prescribed Kibum a strong dose of anti-depressants that Heechul forced him to take. At first Kibum hated the way they made him feel, as if he wasn’t himself anymore, but then he realized they helped him be Kibum again, the happy boy that could laugh and joke around without the darkness.

His relationships with his family grew from then on as well. He and Donghae were as close as ever, spending all their time together and sharing secrets that they would never to Heechul. Best friends and brothers, Kibum and Donghae were completely inseparable and learning more about each other than ever. They even began to talk about the hard topics of their parents and then how lucky they were to have Heechul in their lives. As for Mir, he and Kibum were getting along better than ever. While Kibum still thought Mir to be an annoying brat, the childish boy toned down a bit so that Kibum could regard him as a very close friend that he could talk to about things. As for his bond with Heechul, it was still as strong as ever. Kibum was finally getting over his fear of abandonment and was able to handle being away from the adult without getting too anxious.

The drama from Yanhwa was over and shut away, as the murder investigation was once again closed without being solved. Heechul had informed Kibum of what happened and thankfully he’d taken it well. Kibum knew that Dayeun had been brought peace and her killer was finally gone from the world. It still hurt to talk much about her and sometimes he still blamed himself, but Kibum was able to move on with his life with a positive light, because he knew that his baby sister would hate to see him sad. As for his parents, Kibum decided not to have a funeral for them and left it up to the government to bury them. He said that he wasn’t ready to forgive them yet, but in time he would because no matter what had happened he still had fifteen years of happy, loving memories with them. Heechul was happy with his decision, knowing that it was another step forward in life.

So now everything was right again. Kibum was happy and for once he finally felt that nothing could go wrong anymore. What could? Yanhwa was gone, his parents were dead, and Dayeun was at peace. All he could do now was walk to the future with a positive mind and a smile on the face, all with the help of his family.

She walked through the trees with grace, stepping over branches and avoiding mud puddles from the rain shower yesterday. Taking out a paper from her pocket, she glanced at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter