Chapter 75

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He walked quickly up the stairs to the house with a bundle in his arms. It was dark and the moon was covered by dark clouds that threatened rain; he knew he had to get this done quickly. He tiptoed to the front door and slowly turned the doorknob and it creaked open. The lights were off in the house and he breathed a sigh of relief; this was just too easy. If no one was home than he was going to get away with it. He sneakily crept through the house and down the hall, pushing open the last door at the end and closing it behind him. He sighed in relief; he’d gotten this far, there was no turning back now. He grinned smugly and walked over to the closet and pulled it open, carefully putting the little bundle down on the ground.

There was a creak from outside of the room and he froze. Oh no, someone’s home! He thought frantically, quickly shutting the closet back. Suddenly the door swung open and Kibum walked into the room, flipping on the lights.

“Hae? What are you doing being all sneaky?” He asked, looking at his brother strangely.

“Me being all sneaky?! You’re the one with all the lights off!” Donghae exclaimed, moving to his bed and sitting on the edge of it. Kibum shrugged walked further into the room.

“Hyung went to the store,” He said, glancing around. Donghae nodded and gave him a look that clearly meant ‘go away’.

“Okay, cool. Now can you please leave?” He said, annoyance clear in his tone.

“I haven’t seen you in a week, didn’t you miss me?” Kibum asked, crossing his arms. Donghae sighed and stood up and gave him a quick hug.

“Yes, I missed you. There, will you go now?” He replied exasperatedly. Kibum eyed his brother warily, wondering what was up with his suspicious behavior. Shouldn’t he be a crying mess right now since he and Eunhyuk aren’t together anymore? Oh! I bet he snuck Eunhyuk home and hid him in the closet or something!

“What’s in your closet?” Kibum asked, taking a step towards the door.

“Nothing!” Donghae yelled, quickly grabbing Kibum’s hand before he got any further.

“I’m gonna tell hyung on you,” Kibum threatened, pulling his hand back.

“I’m not doing anything wrong, Kibum. Mind your own business,” Donghae said, putting his hands on his hip. Kibum huffed and copied his posture.

“But I want to talk to you and I can’t do that if you’re being like this! So just tell me what it is so we can get it over with,” He told his brother.

“What do you want to talk about?” Donghae asked him curiously, and he saw Kibum fidget uncomfortably.

“Just stuff, okay? Can you please just show me whatever you snuck in the house that’s not supposed to be here? I won’t tell,” Kibum replied earnestly. Donghae stared at him for a minute before nodding slightly and going over to the closet. He slowly open the door and Kibum strained to see what was in it; but it was Eunhyuk. Donghae picked the small bundle up and held it protectively in his arms, and when he turned around Kibum saw that there was a tiny little puppy in his arms.

“Me and Eunhyuk got a puppy. Her name is Bada, isn’t she cute?” Donghae said happily, the little puppy’s ears as it slept. Kibum frowned and reached his hand over to pet the creature.

“Donghae, you’re going to get in trouble when Heechul finds out. You know he doesn’t like dogs,” He said, although he couldn’t deny how cute the animal was. He took the puppy out of Donghae’s hold and sat on the bed with it.

“I know, but you said you wouldn’t tell and if I keep her in here then he’ll never know,” Donghae replied, sitting next to him.

“You can’t keep a dog in here and never let it out, Donghae. It’ll die. You’re terrible,” Kibum said, and Donghae kicked him.

“Whatever. I used to have a puppy named Bada, but she died. My parents didn’t let me have anymore pets after that and hyung said no too. But you won’t tell, right?” Donghae said hopefully.

“I guess,” Kibum said reluctantly. Donghae grinned and leaned over to hug him again.

“You’re the best, Kibummie! Just don’t tell Mir either…well, maybe we can tell him. He wanted a puppy too, but he’s such a blabber mouth. But then again, you’re the one that tattles on everyone,” Donghae contemplated.

“Mir could take care of a dog better than you,” Kibum mumbled.

“So, what did you want to talk about?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter