Chapter 63

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum sat at the top of the slide, leaning against the metal bars. He had his arms crossed as he sulked in the rain, feeling no need to move. He was annoyed, to say the least; partially at Henry but mostly at himself. Kibum knew that he’d crossed a line yelling at Henry like that; Henry had only wanted to know why he refused to go help Mir. It was the same situation as a few months ago when he’d fought when Donghae; nothing would be settled until his story was told. But still, what was Henry expecting of him? Even if he did decide to go back to school and help Mir with his bullying problem, they were in different grades anyway. So the whole argument was completely pointless.

So Kibum saw no reason to stay out in the rain any longer. Climbing back down the ladder, always having been scared of going down a slide, he hopped onto the grass and stretched his arms out. He was about to head back into the trees to go back home when Kibum stopped suddenly. He glanced around the area and frowned slightly as realization hit him. He didn’t how to get back to Leeteuk’s house; he was lost. Instinctively he reached into his pocket to pull out his phone, but fate was working against him when he remembered that he’d left it back at home, so now he couldn’t even call Heechul to come find him. Sighing in frustration, Kibum looked around once more before deciding to just try and find his own way back.

As he began walking through the woods, Kibum wrapped his arms around his body. It may have been spring, but it was really cold in the forest. He frowned again trying to remember which way Henry had walked off in. But then he remembered that the clearing in the trees wasn’t too far off so he headed in that general direction in hopes that it would lead him closer to the house. The feeling of déjà vu came back while he walked through the wet grass, which had made his shoes and the bottom of his jeans all muddy. It felt as if he’d been there before or something, but he knew he’d never been out here before.

He was beginning to regret going out with Henry at all. He was cold and wet, two things he absolutely loathed. Plus he knew that when he got back home Heechul was going to flip out. No doubt Henry was getting in a lot of trouble for coming home without him, let alone that he’d gone out without Eunhyuk or Sungmin in the first place. He almost pitied Henry, but being cold made him cranky so he was in no mood to be forgiving.

Kibum sighed in relief when he saw the clearing up ahead, hurrying toward the opening in the trees as fast as he could. When he finally reached it, he stopped in the middle and looked around. Everywhere he looked there were just more trees and that didn’t help at all. Which way did we come from before? I don’t remember at all. I bet I’ll be out here until it’s dark, Kibum thought unhappily, shivering quite a bit from being out in the rain for so long. He was about to give up and just go back to the park, knowing that Henry would at least tell Heechul and Leeteuk that’s was he left him, but then he saw something near a bush; it was a trail. Hoping that if he followed the trail it would lead him into town, Kibum instantly went over to it.

As he walked down it, Kibum felt as if he were in some type of movie; a bedtime story type of movie such as Little Red Riding Hood or Hansel and Gretel, because while it seemed so beautiful, the flush green trees dripping with water droplets and serene nature look, Kibum just got that warning feeling inside that told him to turn back around. But something was drawing him further down the path and he couldn’t stop himself from walking. It wasn’t long before the dirt path came to an end and Kibum found himself standing before an old, abandoned by the looks of it, church and graveyard. It had the creepy vibe coming from it, but it was protection from the rain so he eagerly went straight for the doors and slowly pushed them open to step inside. However, he wasn’t expecting for someone else to be there as well and a warning went off inside his head, which he blatantly ignored.

The man was standing near the alter, but turned around when he heard Kibum step into the church. He was tall and handsome; Kibum thought he looked like a religious sort of person.

“Hello, are you here to pray as well?” The man asked, meeting Kibum halfway in the aisle. Kibum stared up at him with guiltless eyes and shook his head no.

“I was lost,” Kibum explained to him, shuffling his feet like kid. The man smiled at him and put his hand on Kibum’s shoulder.

“You should pray to God then and He will you help you find your way back home,” He said gently. Kibum shrugged and averted his eyes, staring down at the dusty ground.

“I haven’t gone to church or prayed in a long time. I’m angry at God,” Kibum admitted quietly. The older man nodded slightly and beckoned Kibum to sit down on one of the benches with him.

“Feelings of anger and hatred will do nothing but bring you a life full of misery. Why are you angry with God?” The man asked. The sound of his voice was just so fatherly and kind, Kibum couldn’t help but want to tell him everything. It gave him a sense that it would make things better.

“My little sister died last year and my life fell apart after that. No matter how much I prayed to God He didn’t do anything to help me,” Kibum told him, thinking back to the days after Dayeun’s funeral and how often he would pray for things to get better, for the rumors to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter