Chapter 47

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When everyone woke up the next morning they were extremely quiet and careful not to make any noise as they left their rooms. Heechul had brought Kibum home late last night while they were asleep so they all knew he was sleeping right now. All the teens were gathered around the kitchen table with Heechul eating breakfast; Leeteuk was sitting in with Kibum, he needed someone by his side at all times.

Henry sighed as he twirled his spoon around his bowl of cereal; no one had bothered to make breakfast so it was a fend-for-yourself day. Because Kibum was sleeping in Mir’s room and Heechul had been in there all night, Henry hadn’t been able to make his nightly call to Zhou Mi. Sure, he was allowed to do so as long as he didn’t stay up too late, but he still didn’t like talking on the phone with his best friend when his parents were just down the hall. He was a little paranoid that they could understand Chinese and be listening to what he said. But of course no one in the house could speak any other language except for Korean.

“So last night Leeteuk and I were talking about some things. You know that this week you’re going to have to be quiet so you don’t disturb Kibum and it’s going to be really boring. Do you guys want to go to Leeteuk’s and stay there for a week?” Heechul informed them, taking a sip of his coffee.

“Yes!” Eunhyuk replied immediately.

“I told you so, Henry,” Sungmin gloated.

“Hyung, I want to!” Donghae said with a grin.

“No! Umma, I don’t wanna go!” Henry exclaimed horrified. Everyone looked at him strangely; who wouldn’t want a week of absolute freedom? Heechul smiled softly at Henry and ruffled his hair.

“You can stay with Mir and Hongki if you want to,” He offered, since he knew that Hongki wouldn’t mind at all. He’d taken Henry several times when the boys were younger so it wasn’t a big deal. Besides, Henry loved Hongki; he was the only fatherly figure Henry had in his life.

“No, I want to stay here,” Henry replied, shaking his head vigorously. While any other time he would have agreed instantly to spend time with Hongki and Mir, it would be kind of boring because they both had school all week and he’d be stuck alone in the apartment. Spend a week with Eunhae love fest or alone in an apartment wasn’t appealing, he’d rather just stay with his umma’s.

“Alright, we could use your help,” Heechul told him with a smile, and Henry nearly sighed in relief.

“Hyung, can I drive us there then?” Sungmin asked hopefully. Having a week without supervision meant nothing unless they had a getaway car.

“If you want to, I suppose you can. But that doesn’t give you free reign to go where ever you want to,” Heechul said, giving him the umma look. He didn’t want to say it out loud, but it was a warning to Sungmin not to go see his father. Regardless that Sungmin was now fine with being there with them, Heechul knew that the boy still missed his father and wanted to see him.

“Don’t worry, hyung, we’ll watch him!” Donghae assured Heechul with a grin.

“It’s him who needs to watch you two,” Henry mumbled, taking a sip of his water.

“What was that, Henry? Did you say something about Zhou Mi?” Eunhyuk said, sweetly batting his eyes.

“Leave him alone, Hyuk,” Donghae said softly, not wanting to start anything. But it didn’t seem that was going to happen, so Donghae excused himself from the table and walked out of the kitchen. He went over to Mir’s room and quietly pushed the door open.

Leeteuk looked up from where he was sitting next to the bed and gave Donghae a warm smile and beckoned him over. Donghae slowly walked over, shocked at how terrible his brother looked. The pain that Kibum was feeling, despite being knocked out from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter