Chapter 39

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that evening the car pulled up in the driveway. Immediately Kibum left the car and went inside the house, stomping up the stairs and slammed his bedroom to closed, much to the shock to the boys. However, Heechul looked nonchalant as he, Leeteuk, and Donghae entered the house as well.

“What’s with Kibum?” Mir asked curiously, staring up the stairwell.

“Oh, he’s just mad because he has to get surgery next weekend and stay in the hospital for a week,” Heechul informed his son, giving him a hug because they hadn’t seen each other all day.

“I’ll go talk to him and make him feel better then,” Mir said brightly, but Donghae pulled him back before he could head up the stairs.

“No, just leave him alone, he’s being really cranky,” He told his brother. It was true too, and kind of amusing. Kibum pouted the entire way home and ignored everyone.

“It’s okay, we’re boyfriends,” Mir replied with a grin, pushing past Donghae to walk up the stairs. He made his way down the hallway and stopped in front of Kibum’s door, wandering if he should knock or not. Oh well, I’m his boyfriend, surely he won’t care!

“Kibummie!” He exclaimed, barging into the room like nobody’s business. He saw Kibum sitting on his bed with his arms crossed, glaring at nothing.

“Go away,” Kibum said moodily, but Mir paid him no mind and crawled onto the bed to sit across from him.

“Umma and Hae said you’re being cranky because you have to get surgery,” He said, going into his psychiatrist mode. He liked to do this every so often, it was fun. Plus he wanted to be a psychiatrist when he grew up because of Jia; she was always so nice and helpful and could always make him feel better when he felt sad about things.

“No, I’m being cranky because I don’t want to stay in the hospital for a week. And I’m not cranky,” Kibum replied stubbornly.

“Okay, fine, then you’re sulking and being pouty like a four year old,” Mir replied, earning him a glare from Kibum.

“Go away, Mir,” He said again.

“You really are a cranky , Kibum. But its okay, I still love you,” Mir told him as he rolled off the bed and left the room.

Kibum huffed and glared after him as the door closed. It really hadn’t been a good day, not for him at least. The doctor was a jerk and stuck so many needles in him to draw blood and such and no matter how much he protested that he was scared of needles, Heechul still held him down and made him get poked. Not only that, but Heechul even seemed happy about the whole ordeal! Of course, that was only because he was glad that Kibum was getting the help that he needed, but still; he could feel a little sympathetic. But really, that wasn’t the reason why Kibum was in a bad mood. It was mostly because he was scared.

The thought of surgery just sent chills up his spine. The doctor had explained that they were going to cut his stomach open and slice through some of the nervous and all sorts of gruesome things. There was no worry about losing his life, as it was not a life threatening operation, but it was still scary. The doctor said he’d be in pain for awhile and would need to rest for at least a month, which didn’t appeal to Kibum in the slightest; he was tired of always moping around the house.  But what frightened him most was the fact that he had to stay in the hospital for a week for recuperation. His past stay in the hospital was not pleasant. Granted, he was in the psychiatric ward, but still. After being mistreated by everyone, he was frightened to be there alone.

“Kibum, come down here please,” Heechul called from the first floor. Kibum sighed softly but did as told and walked out of his bedroom and went downstairs to the living room where everyone was sitting around and chilaxing happily. He went over to Heechul and stood in front of him.

“You need to take your medicine now,” Heechul told him with a smile. That’s right, medicine. The doctor had prescribed some medication for Kibum to take three times a day all week that would help make his stomach prep for the surgery. It was really just an antibiotic to keep the ulcer from getting infected from all the stomach acid that built up from throwing up so often.

“Do I have to?” Kibum said helplessly, although he already knew the answer. He’d already been forced to take the vile tasting liquid twice today; first in the morning when they’d first gotten to the hospital and then later in the afternoon after a failed attempt at eating lunch. It tasted like poison and death mixed together and he really did not want to have to take it again.

“Yes, you have to, don’t be silly. Come on,” Heechul said, pushing him towards the kitchen. He grabbed the bottle of medication from the cabinet where he’d stuck it and read the directions. Kibum watched him warily as he poured a generous amount into the little cup and handed it over, but he refused to take it.

“I don’t want to,” He said stubbornly, crossing his arms.

“I don’t care,” Heechul replied carelessly, he was determined to make Kibum take it, even if it meant pouring it down his throat by brute force. He’d get Leeteuk in there to pin Kibum down if it came to that. Nothing gets in the way of a mommy making her baby take medicine.

“Then I’ll throw it back up,” Kibum replied childishly.

“Then you’ll be grounded,” Heechul responded, used to these sorts of games. Mir was the exact same way when he was forced to take medicine, even though it was a rarity that he ever got sick.

“No,” Kibum whined, jutting his lip out in a pout. Maybe aegyo will work. Donghae said if I did it I could get anything I wanted.

“You’re adorable, Kibum, but only Sungmin’s aegyo will work on me,” Heechul said with a smirk.

“But hyung, it tastes so bad and it makes my stomach hurt,” Kibum told him. Heechul sighed and set the small cup full of brown liquid on the counter.

“I know it does and I’m sorry, but you need to just swallow it and get it over with. Do you realize how sick you are, Kibum? There is a hole in you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter