Chapter 78

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were coming? And how long have you and Heechul been talking to each other?” Kibum demanded the moment he and Tiffany walked into his bedroom. He closed the door behind them and they both went to go sit on his bed together.

“It was a surprise! And we’ve been talking since, I don’t know, around the time you had the ulcer. He keeps me updated on how you really are,” Tiffany said, giving him a look. She was completely up to date on everything that had gone on a few weeks ago up until now, but it was mostly because Heechul had been the one to tell her; Kibum’s letter’s had gotten scarce for awhile. But then Heechul told her that he was getting used to new medication and trying to find his place in life; but everything was okay now.

“You remind me of my psychiatrist,” Kibum grumbled, smacking her playfully with one of the ten stuffed animals that Mir made him sleep with at night (but mostly because he’d run out of room in his own bed and swore they would cry if they didn’t have someone to sleep with). Tiffany chuckled and rolled her eyes. She looked around the room and her eyes stopped on the desk, where Kibum had left the photo book.

“Hey, what’s this?” She asked curiously, reaching over to grab it.

“Oh, hyung gave me that. He made it for me,” Kibum replied, scooting closer to her so they could look at it together. There was a comfortable silence as they slowly flipped through the pages and stared at the pictures of Dayeun. Kibum had reorganized them all so that they went in order of age. There were some of her in the hospital as a baby, her first birthday, first time riding a bike, potty training (which when he thought back to it wasn’t amusing in the slightest. He remembered that one time she’d yanked her diaper off and ran into his room, peeing), and all the way up until last year.

“I miss her; it’s been so long,” Tiffany said quietly, fingers skimming over a picture of Dayeun and Kibum smiling widely at the camera. She closed the book and set it aside and turned her attention to Kibum.

“You know why I’m here, right?” She asked him. Kibum sighed softly and looked down at his hands in his lap. He fiddled his fingers together and nodded slightly.

“Yeah, I know,” He replied quietly.

“I hope you don’t mind,” Tiffany told him earnestly.

“No, it’s fine. I’m really happy you’re here, Fany. I don’t know – it’s just – I mean…” Kibum said, his voice trailing off at the end. He frowned slightly and glanced at her, hoping that she understood what he meant.

“I know, it’s okay. We can talk about it later. Anyway, I have to get going. I’m staying with Jessica and she’s expecting me back soon,” Tiffany said.

“I’ll walk you,” Kibum offered, standing up. But Tiffany shook her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter