Chapter 60

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were feet running across the rug in the hallway, making a soft pitter-patter noise as they scurried away. Soft giggles came from the room below, a sweet sound that everyone liked to hear. By all the semi-quiet noises coming from all around, it was quite obvious that all the boys were awake and running amok. However, since no one was barging into the room demanding breakfast, both Heechul and Leeteuk pretended that they didn’t hear anything at all so they could have the extra minutes to cuddle together in bed.

Leeteuk yawned softly and nuzzled into Heechul’s neck. Waking up with his boyfriend next to him in bed was the best thing in the world and he missed it so much. He slung his arm around Heechul’s waist and moved closer to him, if that was at all possible. He listened to the soft breaths coming from Heechul and to the placid thump of his heartbeat.  Yes, waking up with your lover was the best possible thing to experience. There was nothing that could ruin the moment, since all the kids seemed to have run downstairs to Eunhyuk’s room, as he could hear their chattering.

But, apparently the forces were not on his side today, because out of nowhere Heechul’s cell phone started ringing on the nightstand. Heechul groaned softly and cuddled closer to Leeteuk, purposely ignoring it. Leeteuk sighed softly and rolled away from him to grab the phone, handing it over to his boyfriend.

Heechul snatched it out of his hand and brought it to his ear.

“What?” He growled, annoyed that his time with Leeteuk was being interrupted.

“Good morning to you too, sunshine,” Hongki said in an amused tone. Heechul rolled over onto his stomach and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

“You’re ruining my cuddling time with Teuk. What do you want?” He yawned. He dipped his head down to snatch a quick kiss from Leeteuk, who smiled up at him after.

“We have a meeting with Mir’s homeroom teacher at eleven. Did you forget?” Hongki reminded him. Heechul bit his lip and mentally cursed himself; he had forgotten.

“Of course not, I said I’d be there and I’ll be there. I was just about to leave anyway,” He lied nonchalantly.

“Uh-huh. Right. Well class is about to start, I’ll see you soon. Love you, yeobo,” Hongki replied.

“Love you too, jagiya,” Heechul said with a smile, ending the call.

“I love you more,” Leeteuk said with a grin, leaning over Heechul for another kiss. Heechul chuckled slightly and moved his hand to Leeteuk’s neck to deepen it slightly before pulling away.

“I love you the most. But I have to get going, got a meeting with Mir’s teacher,” Heechul told him.

“I guess I’ll hold down the fort today,” Leeteuk said as they got out of bed. Heechul sent him a gracious smile while getting out his clothes.

“It’ll only be for a few hours,” Heechul said.

“A few hours without you will seem like centuries,” Leeteuk mumbled into Heechul’s shoulder as he hugged him from behind. Heechul chuckled softly and turned around in Leeteuk’s arms, staring deeply into his arms.

“Just a few hours, then you have me for the rest of the week,” Heechul murmured, pressing his lips against Leeteuk’s.

“See, Mir? That’s what Hyuk and Hae do when their door is close,” Henry’s voice came from the doorway. The two adults broke apart and looked to see their two sons standing there watching them with sparkling eyes. Leeteuk clucked his tongue in distaste, unpleased that they’d been interrupted…again.

“Hey! You two, I said not to come up here! Umma’s want time alone,” Sungmin said, appearing behind the two younger boys.

“It’s fine, Minnie, we were about to come down anyways,” Heechul said, walking over to them.

The group headed down and Henry led the way into the living room where Kibum, Donghae, and Eunhyuk were sitting on the couch together. When Kibum saw Heechul enter, he instantly stood up and went over to give him a tight hug.

“Morning hyung,” He whispered softly. Heechul smiled down at him and patted his head.

“Umma, are you going somewhere?” Mir asked Heechul curiously.

“I have a meeting with your homeroom teacher,” Heechul informed him as they all headed into the kitchen for breakfast. Mir lowered his eyes a bit while he sat down at the table next to Donghae and Sungmin.

“What” Donghae asked him, wandering what that reaction was for.

“If there’s anything you want to tell me, I’d say it now,” Heechul told his son sternly. Mir shook his head vigorously and the subject changed from there. But still, Heechul had a feeling that the meeting at school was not going to end on a positive note.

It was another bright day; spring was well on its way. The weather was slowly getting warmer and everything was turning green and colorful. As Heechul walked up to the school, he vaguely reminded himself to make the kids play outside this week; they’d been inside too much lately.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter