Chapter 55

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was beginning to set behind the dark, rain filled clouds that covered the sky. Rain fell from the tall, leafless trees surrounding the forest as Mir and Kibum trekked through the outdoors. They’d been walking for about twenty minutes and Kibum was beginning to think that Mir was just walking around in circles. He was cold, wet, and getting cranky. Being outside just wasn’t his thing and Mir knew that, so Kibum was very curious to see where the younger boy was dragging him, but mostly so they could turn around and go back home.

However, Mir wasn’t just taking him anywhere. There was a special spot in the forest that he’d found when he was a kid, somewhere that no one else knew about but him. It was a really pretty area that was full of pine trees and was near the river, so even in the rain it was a peaceful place to be. He wanted to share this place with Kibum to show him that even though they weren’t boyfriends anymore, he still love him more than anything in the world. Perhaps if they ever got back together and their relationship went far enough, they could get married at the area.

As they neared closer, Mir stopped walking and tugged on Kibum’s arm to make him stop as well. The older boy looked at him curiously, wandering why they’d stop.

“We’re almost there, but you have to close your eyes, okay?” Mir said seriously. Kibum sighed but closed his eyes reluctantly. He didn’t want to be outside anymore, but obviously this was important to Mir so he was going to it up and go anyways.

“Where are we going?” He asked, closing his eyes obediently.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to take you into a creepy cave and kill you and mutilate your body and leave it for the public to find,” Mir said with a grin, thinking of some horror movie that he’d watched the other week.

Unfortunately this wasn’t a wise thing to say. Kibum felt like his blood turned ice cold and his heart stopped beating. It hurt to hear something like that, because it was pretty much what had happened to Dayeun. And it was my fault, because I was stupid and let her out of my sight, Kibum thought miserably. But he knew that Mir hadn’t purposely said it because the boy didn’t even know Kibum had a sister that died, so Kibum pushed the thought out of his mind. Whatever Mir was going to show him was important so Kibum was going to make the best of it and enjoy it thoroughly, whatever it was.

They walked for about another five minutes, trudging through the cold, messy mud. Both the bottoms of their jeans were soaking wet and their feet too. Thankfully it was not much longer before Mir came to a stop and let go of Kibum’s arm.

“Okay, you can open your eyes now,” Mir said, waiting patiently to see what Kibum’s reaction would be.

Kibum looked out at the area in front of him slightly awed. It was almost like a scene from a fantasy movie, except there was no pretty green grass and bright sunshine. There was a river flowing through the forest surrounded by tall evergreen trees, it was a very pretty sight indeed.

“I found it a long time ago when I was really little; no one else knows where this place is. You have to keep a secret now, because this is our secret area,” Mir explained, intertwining his fingers with Kibum’s. The older boy tore his gaze away and looked at Mir curiously.

“Why are you showing me this?” He asked curiously.

“Because one day we’re going to get married here,” Mir said seriously, looking at Kibum with twinkling eyes. He scoffed slightly and pulled his hand away, not wanting to get started with the whole fantasy Mir was creating.

“Whatever, Mir. Can we go home now? It’s freezing cold and I’m wet,” Kibum said in annoyance, turning and beginning to walk away. Mir quickly followed after him, only to slip and fall onto his hands and knees in the mud.

“Ow! Kibum, wait for me, I fell!” He said, looking at his brother with wide eyes, not wanting to be left behind. The sun was almost all the way gone, leaving only a little bit of light to see. Kibum sighed and turned around to walk back over to Mir and extend his hand to pull the boy up.

“Ugh, Mir! What was the point of coming out here? Couldn’t you just have waited until tomorrow to show me that?” Kibum grumbled as Mir latched onto his arm to keep from falling again. They were both now completely covered in mud; Heechul was going to have a fit when he saw the mess they were going to make in the house.

“Well yeah, but what’s the fun in that? Now we can go home and watch scary movies, it makes sense, right?” Mir said with a wide grin. He was planning on putting on The Blair Witch Project when they got home.

“No, no it doesn’t! Where’s your common sense, Mir? Wouldn’t we have watched a scary movie first then go out in the creepy woods at night? Sometimes I really wonder if you’re fifteen or ten – “

“No! Listen, like just imagine right now if you were in a scary movie and something was following us that – “

“Hyung’s going to be so mad and it’s all because of your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter