Chapter 51

On the Brink of Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum stood in front of the mirror in his bedroom and looked at his appearance. His face was expressionless but there was a sparkle in his eyes while he studied himself in the glass. After five weeks of being able to keep everything he ate down without getting sick, Kibum’s clothes finally fit him perfectly. Well, almost perfectly, they were still a little loose. But still, it made him happy to know how much better he was for the first time in months. Physically, he felt amazing, mentally, he was a happy boy. For once, it felt like his life was back on track and it made him feel really good about himself.

He moved away from the mirror and turned to leave his bedroom and head downstairs to the kitchen where he could smell Heechul making something for breakfast. He said a soft good morning to Heechul as he pulled opened the refrigerator and took out the orange juice to pour himself a cup.

“Take your medicine, Kibum,” Heechul reminded him, frying some eggs in a pan on the stove. Kibum nodded and pulled open the cabinet to take out the couple bottles of liquids that he still had to take. Thankfully he only had a week left and then he got to stop taking it all because the ulcer was pretty much healed up. After that all he had to take was the vitamins and anti-acid pills, but that was just a precautionary.

“Are Donghae and Mir up yet?” Kibum asked curiously, wincing slightly as he quickly swallowed the bitter liquids.

“No, if you could wake them up that would be great,” Heechul replied. Kibum quickly put down his drink and walked out of the kitchen. He tiptoed over to the hallway and pushed open the door to Mir’s bedroom.

Mir was sleeping peacefully cuddled up with his blankets and pink cat, looking like an angel. Kibum smiled softly and pulled out his new phone to take a picture of the younger boy. After snapping a quick picture he moved closer and yanked away the blankets.

“Mireu, wakey wakey,” He said softly, shaking Mir’s body. Mir groaned softly and swatted his hand away.

“Go ‘way,” He mumbled sleepily.

“Mir, if you don’t wake up then I’m not walking you to school,” Kibum told him, leaning forward to tickle Mir’s sides.

“N-No! Kibum, s-stop!” Mir gasped out between bouts of giggles from the tingly sensation.

“Not until you get up!” Kibum replied, not letting down one bit.

“Okay! I’m up! I’m up!” Mir squealed with laughter, quickly rolling off the other side of the bed. Kibum smiled at him and stood up away from the bed.

“Hyung is making breakfast, hurry up and get dressed,” Kibum told him, turning towards the door.

“Wait, are you really going to walk me to school?” Mir asked him hurriedly. Kibum paused in the doorway and glanced over his shoulder and nodded.

“Yeah, I was planning on going to the library anyways,” He replied, and then walked out the door. At the end of the hallway was Donghae’s and Kibum knocked lightly and slowly pushed the door open to-

“No! Don’t come in!” Donghae exclaimed loudly, pushing the door shut and causing Kibum to stumble backwards a bit. He quickly flung out his hand to grab the wall before he fell backwards and the frowned, looking at the door curiously.

“Are you getting dressed? It’s not like I haven’t seen you before,” Kibum told him, not understand what the big deal was. They were both guys, unless it was a ‘gay’ thing…

“I-It’s not that,” Donghae mumbled from the other side of the door. His voice was quiet and sounded a little discomfited, which just sparked Kibum’s curiosity even more.

“Donghae, what’s wrong?” He asked his brother, wandering if he was okay.

“Nothing, I don’t…just…go away, Kibum,” Donghae stuttered.

“…Alright,” Kibum replied quietly, turning and walking away. He frowned slightly wandering what Donghae was going. Generally they told each other everything since they were really close. Shaking it out of his mind, Kibum entered the kitchen and sat down at the table and Heechul brought him over a plate of eggs and some toast.

“I have to go out for awhile today and run some errands; do you want to come with me?” Heechul asked, sitting across from him to eat his own breakfast. Kibum thought for a second and then nodded happily.

“Yeah, but I promised Mir that I’d walk him to school before I went to the library,” He replied.

“That’s fine, we’ll go before lunchtime then,” Heechul responded as Mir walked into the kitchen.

“Umma, can I stay with appa tonight?” Mir asked hopefully as he sat down to a plate of food.

“You’ll have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter