Dance Mom

I love my Family (family au)

Taekwoon sighed as he entered his house. He was exhausted from work, his boss was making him help the new guy and honestly the new guy was getting on his nerves, talking nonstop and he learned way too slow for Taekwoon’s taste.

When he was inside his house, he could smell the faint smell of burnt rice. Yeah his husband wasn’t the best cook, but he couldn’t complain, if he did he’d never hear the end of all.

But what surprised Taekwoon was the strange silence in the house, his family wasn’t quiet. Usually he’d be listening to Hakyeon in ajumma form nagging his kids while Jaehwan would be pulling his leg trying to get his father’s attention on him.

“Something is not right here.” Taekwoon thought as he took off his shoes. “It’s not my birthday is it? Or did they break something again?”

He started to look for his family in the living room and kitchen when he heard his husband’s angry voice.

“Sanghyuk!!”

“Oh great I knew something had to be wrong.” Taekwoon thought while he followed his husband’s voice.

Hakyeon was outside of his youngest son’s room, looking pissed as hell. He was knocking the door nonstop. His other kids were just staring at their father as if they were used to this.

“Hyukie baby~ come out daddy’s not mad, let’s talk.” Hakyeon said in a sickly sweet voice.

“No!” the five year old yelled.

Hakyeon knocked harder, then noticed Taekwoon’s presence.

“Oh darling, you’re home.” Hakyeon said smiling.

“Dad!!! Daddy’s being mean to Hyukie.” Hongbin said to Taekwoon.

“No I wasn’t!” Hakyeon said shocked.

“Yes you are, you made Hyukie sad!” Hongbin said angry.

Taekwoon stared at Hakyeon, and knocked Hyuk’s room.

“Hyuk it’s your dad, let’s talk.” Taekwoon said softly.

And suddenly the door was opened. Taekwoon entered quickly before his husband could.

He saw his little boy pouting while hugging his plush bear.

“Whats wrong?” asked Taekwoon softly while getting on his knees to be on eyesight level with the younger.

“Daddy said that I have to practice dancing more. But I don’t want to dad.” The boy said pouting looking as if he was going to cry in any moment.

Taekwoon sighed and hugged his son trying to avoid him crying. He’ll have to talk to Hakyeon, as much as he really doesn’t want to.

“Taekwoon!!! Open this door now!!” Hakyeon yelled from the other side of the door.

“Don’t do it dad!” Hongbin and Jaehwan yelled.

“Mom is on psycho ajumma mode again!” Wonshik yelled as well.

“No im not!” Hakyeon yelled again.

 “How did I get stuck with such a noisy husband and kids?” Taekwoon thought to himself.

He calmly stood up and opened the door to see his husband childishly arguing with their kids. He sighed once more and took his husband by the wrist gently dragging him to their room to talk. Hakyeon complained nonstop. Once they were inside their room, Taekwoon locked the door.

“What are you doing?” Hakyeon asked confused while crossing his arms.

“Why are you bothering Hyuk again? Why are you going all dance mom on him?” he asked softly staring at his husband.

“I’m not bothering him, I just think that if he practiced more he could achieve his full potential.”

“I don’t believe that. It has something to do with Kibum, right?”

Hakyeon instantly put a face of disgust at the mention of the name of his nemesis.

“That idiot’s son is a fricking dance prodigy! I can’t believe that Taemin came out of him! It’s his second day in class and he dances better than half the class. I refuse to lose to Kibum! So I just wanted Hyuk to practice more so he can beat Taemin.” Hakyeon confessed.

“You’re worse than those moms on TV. Don’t drag Hyuk to your stupid rivalry with Kibum.”

“Why can’t you ever be on my side?!”

“I can’t be on your side when you’re so immature. You’re holding on to a stupid high school grudge. Last time you complained that are kids weren’t cute enough. You can’t keep comparing our kids with your enemies’ kids. You can’t be the best at everything.”

Hakyeon gasped and stared angrily at his husband.

“If that’s what you think. Why don’t you sleep on the couch?!”

“Gladly. That’s the whole reason why I bought the couch.” Taekwoon said as he grabbed his pillows and exited the room.

Hakyeon ignored his husband the rest of the week, but Taekwoon really didn’t care. He dropped the whole extra training thing in hopes Taekwoon would ask for his forgiveness. But his husband was actually enjoying the silence.