Nine

Bring It

“You didn’t have to be like that, he was just trying to help me.” I said.
Jay sighed and grabbed an ice pack from the fridge, “I’m sorry, you know how I feel about him though.”
He put the ice on my wrist, “No, actually I don’t. All I know is that you don’t get along with him…why?”
He shrugged, “I don’t know, we just never got along. After a while of battling we just became rivals.”
I raised my eyebrows, “So you have nothing against him?”
“Maybe I do, what does it matter. The point is that I don’t like him, and I don’t want you being around him either.” he lectured.
“What did he do that was so bad oppa?” I asked.

He shook his head, “I don’t want to talk about it.” he walked away.
I sat at the dining table still icing my wrist. “That’s great.” I sighed.
After a while of icing it I went upstairs and laid in bed. It still ached, but I would live. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and placed it on my nice stand only to grab it again, seeing the notification light flash.

To: _______

From: Yongguk

Is your wrist okay?


I looked at the time it was sent, two hours ago. Right around the time Jay and I had left. I sighed feeling bad for what Jay had done.

To: Yongguk
From: _______

Yeah, It’s fine. Sorry about Jay, he overreacted. :\


A few minutes after I sent it my phone rang. It was him, I couldn’t help but smile.
“Yoboseyo?” I bit my lip.
“Sorry, I should have asked first, can you talk?”
I nodded, “Mhm.”
“So…”
“So…” I giggled.
“Don’t make fun of me!” he whined.

“How can you expect me not to? You call at-” I looked at my clock, “Three in the morning, and all you say is so…”

“Okay, I guess this was a little rash. I just clicked talk on your number so..”
“Again with the so!” I giggled.
“Anyways!” he chuckled, “What are you doing?”
“Icing my wrist.” I frowned.
“I’m sorry.”
“Pft, why are you sorry? You didn’t push me.” I said.
“I was the reason you were pushed though.”

“Changing the subject.” I said.
“You know, I didn’t really get to talk to you much when we had lunch. Zelo and Himchan kept interrupting me.”
“Okay~ Then let’s talk…” I waited a second.
“Why’d you come to Seoul?”
“My parent’s didn’t like me being home alone.” I sighed.
“They’re always on business trips and they thought it would be good for me to stay with my aunt and uncle.”
“Sounds like my parents.” he chuckled, “Maybe they know each other.”
“Park Jaehyun and Lee Hyelim sound familiar?” I asked.
“Dude! Yeah, my parents know them. You know Bang Yoochan and Kang Minyoung?”


“Oh my gosh yes! Your mom is the sweetest thing ever!” I giggled.
He chuckled, “I’ve meet your parents before. They never told me they had a pretty daughter…”
I blushed. “Your parents didn’t tell me they had a good-looking son.”
“Oh so you think I’m good-looking?” he teased.
I smacked my lips, “Oh so you think I’m pretty?” I retorted.
He chuckled on the other end, “I’d be lying if I said no.”
There was a minute of silence as I kicked my legs in the air, silently spazzing.

“Did you fall asleep?”
“Nope. No, I’m still here.” I turned over on my stomach. “What are you doing?”
“Sitting on my bed, talking to a sweet girl.”
I sighed, “Are you going to keep complimenting me? Or are we going to have a legit conversation?” Although, I wouldn’t mind if he continued.
“Alright, alright. Why’d you copy my hairstyle?”
I gasped, “Whatever, when did you dye it?”
“Hmmm. I think a few days before that night we battled.”
“I did it a few days before coming here. I got here on a Thursday…so…”
“Okay, we did it around the same time…great minds think alike you know.”
I giggled, “Okay. We’ll go with that.

We talked for hours…I mean HOURS. We talked about everything, and I mean everything. He’s an only child, Zelo is his younger cousin, he met Maslo his best friend in third grade, he started rapping really young, he can dance which I have yet to see. I laughed so much, I’m surprised I didn’t wake anyone up.

Auntie Rin came in before she left for work to check up on me, just to give you a good picture she leaves at eight am! I pretended to be asleep when she walked in though, hiding the phone under my pillow. As I heard the door close I whispered into the phone.
“Okay, she’s gone.”
“You do realize it’s already morning right?”
“Yes~” I smiled.
“I haven’t been on the phone for this long in a while.” he confessed.
“Is that a good thing or bad thing?” I asked, playing with my hair.
“In this case it’s a good thing.” I smiled.
“You’re really sweet you know that?”
“I try to be.”

“So, are you coming out later tonight?”

I frowned, “I don’t know if Jay oppa will want to.”
He sighed on his end, “I want to see you again. If you guys do plan on it, will you let me know?”

I smiled again, “Yup.”
“_______!” Jay threw open my door. “Who are you talking to?” he asked, toothbrush in his mouth.
“Uh..Min!” I lied.

“Okay Min, I’ll talk to you later.” I said into the phone.
Yongguk chuckled, “Sneaking around your cousin, nice.”
“Yeah, I’ll see about tonight.” I looked at Jay. He rolled his eyes.
“This is fun. What are you wearing?” he asked.

I blushed, “That’s not funny! I’m hanging up now!”
“Let me know about tonight! I’ll see you around Lil’ Park, get some sleep.”
I smiled, “Alright, see you later. Bye.”

--

“PLEASE!?” you begged, following Jay around the house.
“No.” he said.
“Why not?” you whined.
“After last night you think it’s okay to go back right away?” he asked.
I sighed, “But…I wanna go see.”
He softened, “I shouldn’t have brought you out there so soon.”

“Well now it’s too late, pleaseee?” you pouted and gave him puppy dog eyes.
“You’re my favorite~ cousin.” you tilted your head. “Pleaseee~”
He sighed, “Fine. Stop being…cute.” he grimaced.
“YESS!” You jumped in the air, “Alright, I’m going to sleep.”
He furrowed his brows, “You haven’t slept?”
You froze at your doorway, “Oh uh no…Min called me late you know how those things go.” Please believe me, please believe me.
He chuckled, “Girls.” he said, closing the bathroom door.

You jumped onto your bed and grabbed your phone.

To: Yongguk
From: _______

I’ll see you tonight. ^^


Before you could plug it into the charger it beeped.

From: Yongguk
To: ________

Looking forward to it ^___^


You snuggled into your blanket and pillow, a smile plastered on your face while seeing the red rose he gave you before closing your eyes.