Two.

Bring It

I wheeled my luggage behind me as I searched for Auntie Rin. She said she would be holding a sign with my name on it by the gate. The volume on my iPod was cranked all the way up, the bass blocking out the surrounding noise. New rhymes were already being written in my head as I looked around for my name, I sighed and found a seat near the gate.

I scrolled through my iPod, trying to find a song when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw a…pretty short boy, tatted in multiple areas and sporting a Mohawk with blonde tips.
His mouth moved and I realized that my ear buds were still in.
“Huh?” I asked pulling them out.
“_______-ah?” he asked.
“Yeah…” I looked at him confused.
“Dude!” he lightly shoved my shoulder, “Is that how you greet your favorite cousin?”
My jaw dropped, “JAY!?” I got up and hugged him.
“You! You haven’t grown a bit.” I chuckled.

He frowned and grabbed my luggage, “ you.” he said walking away.
I giggled, “I’m sorry!” I pleaded running after him.
“You’re short too!” he whined as we exited the airport.
“But, I get it from my mommy.” I smiled, “Our dad’s are tall as hell, and Auntie Rin is pretty tall too…”
“Fine, I was the unfortunate one that got the recessive short gene.” he said opening the trunk of his car. “Get in before I tell my mom that you didn’t show up!” he smiled.

--

“Oh, she’s sorry by the way. She didn’t know that she was going to have to stay long at work. She sent me instead.” he explained as he drove us to his house.
I nodded, “It’s cool.” I said looking out the window.
“When did you get all those tattoos?”
He grinned, “A while ago. Seriously once you get one it’s like an addiction.”
I giggled, “You don’t have any?” he asked.
I shook my head, “Nah, I wouldn’t know what to get.” I answered.
He nodded, “Well if you ever do I know a guy who knows a guy who’s really good.” he smiled.

“You still dance?” he asked.
I nodded, “No more ballet though, I got into hip hop.” I smiled.
“Ohh! Look at you, you break?”
I smiled proudly, “A little, I must say for a beginner I’m pretty good.”
“Alright then, we’ll have to see. I still break too.” he smiled.
“Battle it is then!”
“My mom tells me you rap, that true?”
“Our parents talk too much.” I chuckled.
“So you do?”
“Mhm.”
“You any good?”
I smirked, “I think so.”
“Looks like this will be an interesting visit _______.” he smiled.

--

As we pulled into the drive way Auntie Rin came out.
“_________-ah! Oh you’re all grown up!” she hugged me tightly.
“Hi Auntie Rin~” I giggled.
“Come in, come in!” she smiled, “I made lunch!”
She looped her arm with mine and lead me to the house.
“Jaebeom, please bring in her luggage and take it to her room!” she called out.
“Yes mother.” he muttered as he unlocked the trunk.

“Eat, ________-ah you’re so small!” urged my aunt, giving me a large bowl of the food she prepared.
I giggled, “Thank you auntie.” I smiled and dug in.
I heard Jay panting as he brought in my luggage. “How much did you pack?!” he asked as he came down the stairs.
“Sorry bro.” I frowned.
“Ah Jaebeom, I forgot Junkyung (Dok2) came by earlier. He said something about underground…group…sign up or he’ll kill you…this weekend…oh, I forgot the rest.”

“Aw man!” he said and grabbed his phone from the charger. “Yup!” he threw his hand in the air. “There’s another competition in a few days.” His fingers tapped away, replying to the message.
Auntie Rin rolled her eyes as she set down a glass of water next to me, “No Jaebeom.” she said taking the phone away.
“But umma!” he pleaded.
“No.” she said again. “We have company and I don’t want you going out again, I get worried.”
He sighed and slumped in his chair, “Fine.” he muttered.
I looked at him and he had a mischievous glint in his eye. Uh oh.

--

“_________~” sang Jay as he walked into my room.
“Yes?” I beamed.
“Your first day is Monday. I’ll show you around school and help you out.” he smiled.
“Cool.” I sighed, “How are the people there?”

“It’s kind of like Mean Girls, you know all in categories.” he explained.
I nodded, “Alright then.”
“Don’t worry, you’ll fit right in.” he assured. “Oh here. I picked up your ‘various’ uniforms.”

“Skirts?” I frowned.
“I know, I know. Not really your thing but school rules.” he shrugged.
“I guess.” I sighed and hung them in my closet.
“So.” he sat on my bed, “You down to go out tomorrow night?”
I raised a brow, “Auntie Rin said that you couldn’t go.”
“Oh come on, I’ve snuck out millions of times, no biggie.”
“I don’t know Jay-”
“Nuh uh uh! You’re in South Korea now fam, you can call me oppa.” he said.
I chuckled, “Seriously though, won’t we get in trouble?”
“Not unless we get caught.” he grinned.

I’m not sure what made me agree to this, probably from the lack of social interaction I’ve had my entire life but, I did it anyways.
I smiled slightly, “Alright, let’s do it!” We fist bumped and laughed.
“Trust me, after tomorrow night you’ll be itching to get back to that scene.”