Eight

Bring It

“THE PARK’S ARE IN THE HOUSEEEEEE!” shouted Teddy as we entered.
The crowd looked away from the stage and cheered for us.
“Where you been at Lil’ Park?” asked Teddy.
“She’s a dedicated student.” answered Jay with a smile.
“Alright, glad to have you both back! Next up is…Jepp Blackman vs. Hanhae!”
I looked around, trying to find him. Nothing yet, I frowned and followed Jay to the backroom.

Zico was sitting down next to two guys I didn’t know.
“Go out there, everything goes remember. You’re not here to worry about hurting someone’s feelings.” said Zico. One of them nodded.
“Thanks Zico.”
“That’s what I’m here for.” Zico leaned back, and looked at me.
“_______!” he smiled, “Hey guys this is Lil’ Park!” he beamed at the guys he was talking to.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I bowed.
“This is Hanhae, and this is Mino.” he pointed to both of them.
“Hanhae?” I asked, “You’re going against-”
“That Yongguk.” finished Jay.
I rolled my eyes a half way, “Don’t be mean.”
“Just being honest.” he said.
Before I could say something I heard my name being called.

“_______!” I turned, Jia stood at the door with an excited smile.
I smiled then turned back to Jay, “I’ll be back.”
I skipped to her and we walked away.
“I was sent to deliver a message.” she said.
“Ohh~and what is this message?” I asked playfully.
“Ahem.” she cleared , “I smiled from seeing you here. I wish I could approach you, but sadly you’re with your crew. I don’t want them to overhear so please, if you can run to the hallway we once ran through.”
I giggled, “Wow, okay. Hallway…OH!” I looked around, the hallway that night the cops came.

“You got it?” said Jia.
I nodded and smiled, “Thanks unnie.”
I made sure no one was looking as I made my way to the dim hallway.
At the very end by the exit, I spotted him in his white letterman. I shyly walked over, he looked up and smiled as I stopped a few steps in front of him.
“Hi.” I said awkwardly.
He beamed, “Hey…Sorry if this seems like a creepy place to meet up. It’s just there really is no other place.”
I shook my head, “No, no it’s cool.”

There was an awkward silence.
“The flower was pretty.” I said with a smile.
He looked up, “You liked it?”
I nodded, “Jay’s a little ticked off but eh.” I shrugged.
He chuckled, “I’m glad.”
“That Jay hates it or that I liked it?” I titled my head.
He bit his lip, “Both.”
I giggled, “So, you and Hanhae huh?”

He nodded, “I think I got this though.”
I leaned on the wall in front of him, “Oh? Cocky much?”
He laughed, “More like confident. My good luck charm showed up.” he looked into my eyes.
I blinked, “What?”
He stuck his hands in his pockets, “Yeah, I have this weird theory that you bring me luck.” he smiled sheepishly.
I chuckled, “Wait…Me? Oppa, I don’t think that you need luck to win. Especially if it comes from me.”
“I haven’t gone against good people _______-ah. Except for your cousin, other than that a lot of them aren’t that good. So a few weeks ago, winning against Rhymer, that was big deal.” he said.

I didn’t say anything, I just stared at him.
“I freaked you out, you know just forget about it.” he sighed, starting to turn away.
“No.” I put my hand on his shoulder, stopping him. “That’s…that’s really sweet.”
His smile made me get all warm and fuzzy and alurhfnaiunrfklaiwenrajwker, yeah that’s the best way to describe it.
“HYUNG!” We both turned, Zelo ran down to us. “Sorry.” he said, “But, They’re ready for you.”
He nodded, and turned to me. “Go get’em.” I smiled.
“Thanks.” he grinned, “You go first…”
I nodded and smiled at both of them before leaving.

--

“ALRIGHT PEOPLE!! We got the Champ! Jepp Blackman!” You cheered loudly along with the crowd. Jay shot you a dirty look, and you stopped.
“Sorry.” you muttered quietly.
Yongguk came out, cracking his neck. Zelo handed him the mic and Himchan patted his shoulder. He looked in your direction, giving you a small smile.
Min and Jia nudged you and Fei poked your back. You chuckled and gave him a small fist pump, to show your support.

“And the challenger! HANHAE!” Once again you cheered not as loud as you did for Yongguk though.
“You know the rules boys, anything goes.” said Teddy. “Dj, spin that!”
You listened intently, bobbing your head along with the beat. After three rounds it still ended in a tie.
“Lil’ Park, how ‘bout you choose the winner.” offered Teddy.
Your hands went up, “Oh no no. I can’t do that.” you pushed the mic away.
“Got your feet in both pools huh?” he said.
“She doesn’t.” said Jay seriously.
“Hm. If you say so.” said Teddy looking around.

You felt your face heat up as Yongguk smirked at you. “Tablo!” he said brightly.
“My man, how about you choose.”
Tablo looked at both of them, “I’m going to have to hear another round bro.” he nodded, “One more.”
You giggled, “Yeah one more!”
“You have no say, you didn’t want to choose!” Teddy pushed your hat down your face. The crowd laughed.
You pouted and adjusted it back. “Alright, one more. You boys up for that?”
They both nodded confidently. “Bring the beat back up!”

--


“Ohhhhhhh!” Teddy did a lap around the stage, “It’s gettin’ hot in here!”
Tablo rubbed his chin, in deep concentration, “This is tough.”
Jay sighed next to you, “Just choose Hanhae. Yongguk balls.” he muttered.
You tapped his knee, “He wasn’t bad at all.”
Min and the other snickered behind you. You put threw them playful glares.
“I’m gonna have to go with….” everyone was on edge, waiting to see who Tablo would announce. “Jepp!”

The crowd erupted with cheers, and your side of the stage looked down with disappointment. You and the girls clapped, showing humble defeat. Usually after a battle the competitors shake hands. Yongguk went forward with a smile and stuck out his hand to Hanhae. Hanhae rolled his eyes and scoffed turning his back. Your shoulders deflated, they would never accept him would they?

You met eyes with him, he motioned with his head over to the hallway. You nodded and got up, backing away from Jay. “I’ll be right back.” you whispered to Jia and the others.
“Ohhh~ okay.” she teased.
You walked behind the curtains and with ninja like skills snuck back to the hallway. He wasn’t there yet so you walked to the very end and leaned against the wall.

“________!” You turned and saw him run in.
“You did go-eep!” you squealed as he picked you up, twirling you in the air.
“I told you, you brought me luck!” he said.
“Oppa!” you giggled, “Please put me down!”
He did, and you both stood there smiling at each other, “See you brought me luck.” he beamed.
“No.” you denied it, “You’re just lucky that I didn’t choose the winner. I would have gone with Hanhae.” You said playfully.
“Pfft. You know you would have chosen me!” he said.
You giggled, “You don’t know that!”

For the first time you realized that he was holding both of your hands.
He let go of one and curled a lock of hair behind your ear, you froze. His eyes staring intently into yours.
“_______! Hyung!” Himchan ran over to you, “You guys gotta stop them, Zelo and Mino-” he didn’t even finish before you both ran out.

--

Jay was shoved by Maslo again. “You wanna repeat that boy?”
CSP lightly held Mino back, “He didn’t mean it alright, back up.”
“Boys, I think we should calm down. It’s all friendly competition.” said Teddy, trying to break up the commotion.
“You shouldn’t bring the kindergartner here.” said Jay, getting in Maslo’s face.
“Hyung, chill.” Junkyung grabbed his shoulder.

You ran out from the hallway and into the middle of it. “Oppa, yah. Calm down.” you linked arms with him, trying to lead him away.
“Zelo.” bellowed Yongguk, “Stop.” Zelo’s chest heaved up and down as faced his hyung.
“Back away.” he said to the younger boy. Zelo struggled away from CSP and headed to the back room.
“Let him cool off.” Yongguk said to him.

“Oppa.” you repeated to Jay, “Let’s go.”
Junkyung helped you, grabbing his other arm trying to get him away.
Yongguk saw and went to Maslo, “Hyung. You already successfully made a scene, let’s go.”
“Let him do something.” said Jay.
Yongguk clenched his jaw, “Hyung, let’s go.” Yongguk said through gritted teeth.
“Stay out of this.” Jay pushed him.

You heart beat went faster as you were shoved away. You fell, hearing your wrist crack from the impact. The club went silent.

“!” you cried out, rubbing it.
Min and Yongguk quickly came to your side, helping you up.
“Are you okay?” Yongguk asked sweetly, gently taking your wrist.
“Get away from her!” Jay shoved him away. “Is it broken?” he asked.
“It’s fine. I’m okay.” you looked over at Yongguk, giving him an apologetic look.

“We’re leaving.” Jay said, he grabbed his jacket and linked arms with you.
“I’ll call you guys later.” you said to the girls. They nodded and gave you a hug.
You looked at Yongguk once more and mouth that you were sorry before Jay pulled you out of the club.

 

 


A/N: Hello lovelys! <33 How are you liking this so far? 
THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! <333 c: