Three

Bring It

“How was school?” I asked, hearing Jay come in.
“It was good.” he said coming into the kitchen, “Oh ________, this is Junkyung.”
I turned to face an equally as short boy as Jay. “Annyeonghaseyo.” I bowed.
“No formality, we’re all family here.” he smiled.
“Where’s my mom?” asked Jay.
“She said she was picking up Uncle Bae from the airport.” I said sitting down.
“Alright perfect time to plan.” They sat down across the table from me.

“My parents usually crash at about nine pm. Appa might stay up later but he doesn’t notice anything.” explained Jay. “Now, you have the lovely terrace outside your room so you’ll have no problem getting down. Junkyung will meet up with us there.” he continued.
I raised my hand, “What happens if we get caught?”
“You won’t be in trouble.” assured Junkyung.
“He’s right, they’ll say I corrupted you.” Jay rolled his eyes.
“You kind of are.” I pointed out. “Just sayin’.”

“Anyways, as soon as we get there don’t by any means DON’T get separated. There’s always tons of people and more importantly tons of guys.”
I nodded, “What exactly are we doing?” I still hadn’t the slightest idea.
“Well unfortunately I only signed Jay hyung and I up.” said Junkyung, “I didn’t know that you would be here, so you’ll just have to watch-”
“Unless someone challenges you.” interrupted Jay.
I raised an eyebrow, “What are the chances of that happening?”
“Low, you’re new. Newbies don’t get attention until their first competition.”
I nodded, “Alright. Stick with you guys, watch, don’t get challenged…am I missing anything?”
“I think you got it.” they smiled.

--

“Good night umma~” smiled Jay as he kissed her on the cheek.
“Good night.” she yawned walking upstairs.
“Good night _______-ah.” she smiled as she passed by the bathroom.
“Night Auntie.” I beamed with my toothbrush still in my mouth.
I finished brushing my teeth and walked downstairs. Jay and his dad were sitting in front of the T.V.

I grabbed a glass and filled it with water, “What are you kids up to tonight?” asked my uncle.
“Eh, nothing.” responded Jay in a monotone voice.
“Well, I’m going to head to bed.” He got up and patted Jay on the shoulder.
“Night appa.” he said, eyes still fixed on the television.
“Good night uncle.” I smiled from the kitchen.
As soon as he was out of sight Jay jumped over the couch and walked up to me.
“Alright, go get dressed, be outside in-” he looked at his cell, “Fifteen, sound good?”
I nodded, “On it.” I walked upstairs.
“Don’t be late!” he warned.

--

I carefully climbed down the terrace after getting dressed. The night was chilly. You could feel it even through your jacket.
Ughhhh, hurry up Jay, you thought. It had been at least half an hour, He takes forever!
You heard the rustle of leaves behind you and jumped as he touched your shoulder.
“Took you long enough.” you muttered.
“Sorry.” he said as you both walked to the car, “Had to make sure I looked good.”
You rolled your eyes as you got in, “You still look like !” you smiled.
“You just jealous!” he retorted, starting the car. “You readyy~?”
You smiled brightly, “Leggo!”

--

The bass could be felt as you drove down the street. Cars lined the street as people crossed it to get in the long line. Jay parked the car a few blocks away. “Alright, let’s go.” he said unbuckling his seat belt. You got out an were wide eyed at the lights and sounds. You never went out back in Seattle, you had no one to go with and it didn’t seem as fun without someone.

Your POV:

“Oh, almost forgot. Here.” he dug into his jacket pocket and pulled out a bracelet.
“It’s so that the bouncer knows you’re legit.” he explained and motioned for me to hold out my wrist.
“Its pretty~” I smiled.
“I know, I picked the prettiest one for you.” he chuckled. “Let’s go.”

Jay greeted the bouncer and showed him his bracelet.
“This is my cousin, _______. She’s staying with my family for a while.” he said.
“Annyeonhayseo.” I smiled.
He smiled back, “Bracelet?” he asked.
I lifted my sleeve up and showed it.
“Alright then.” he lifted the velvet rope, letting us in.
“AW COME ON!” The crowd booed and moaned seeing that we got in before them.
“They’re on the list.” he shrugged.

The club was most likely already over capacity. I saw a stage where the DJ was spinning, I assumed that that’s where we would hold it. I was wrong.
“This way.” shouted Jay over the music, he looped arms with me and led me into a hallway. At the end of it was another door, with a bouncer as well. Jay held up our wrists showing our bracelets. He nodded and opened the door. “Good luck.” he said.

We walked down a flight of stairs, the sound of the techno from upstairs barely audible. A new beat was heard, a nice beat I might add. “OHHHH!” I heard. “DOKKI YOU GONNA GO OUT LIKE THAT?”
“Man, he already went on stage.” Jay picked up the pace as we found yet another hallway. A red door at the end was the entrance. “You ready?” he asked with a smile.
It was like that scene in Willy Wonka before he opens the door to show the kids the actual chocolate factory. I nodded eagerly. “Remember, stay close!” he said and turned the knob to slowly push the door open.

“Whoa.” I breathed. It was amazing, to say the least. It was so much bigger than the club upstairs, with what I assumed to be V.I.P areas up another set of stairs on the opposite side. The crowd was HUGE, it would be hell getting through it but if I know Jay he already had his own way. The DJ’s set up was angled in to the crowd, giving them more of an opportunity to hear. Enormous flat screens hung from the walls, allowing anyone to watch who was battling.

“Pretty cool huh?” smiled Jay.
“It’s okay.” I joked. He pointed to my right, motioning for us to go down the stairs.
“The judges have decided that the crowd will be the tie breaker!” announced the MC.
The crowd got even louder. I covered my ears and smiled as I followed Jay.
“Alright cheer for your favorite.” he said, “DOKKI!”
The people cheered loudly for him as he raised his arms telling them to be louder.
“Tough to beat, alright…TABLO!”
It was really close, like really close. If that person holding an air horn didn’t let it sound it might have ended in a tie.

The MC looked back at the judges, “And it looks like the winner tonight is…..TABLO!”
Dokki humbly accepted defeat, “He’s tough to beat. He’s good.” he smiled.
“You got better though bro.” Tablo grinned as they both shook hands.
“It’s all friendly competition!” chuckled the MC, he looked out into the crowd.
“Speaking of friendly competition, is that Jay Park I see?” A spotlight landed on us.
“JAY PARK IN THE HOUSEEE!” he said into the mic. Everyone cheered and Jay pretended to be embarrassed.

“Come on.” he went around the perimeter to get backstage. I followed as people stared at me, did I really give off the “I’m new here” vibe? I shrugged it off and continued to follow Jay. We reached Junkyung…or Dokki, still not set on what to call him. He was with some other people.
“Hey hyung!” he smiled, “Hey ______.”
“Hi.” I smiled.
“You did good bro!” Jay patted his back.
“You weren’t here to watch it.” he said.
“Ah. About that. ______ took too long getting ready so-”
I raised my hand behind him, “Uh bull. He took too long.”
Jay gaped at me innocently, “I believe that.” said Junkyung.

The other guys chuckled as well. “Oh my bad, guys this is my cousin _________.”
“_________, this is Rado, Donggab (The Quiett), and Zico.”
“Annyeonghayseo.” I bowed shyly.
“Aw, she’s so cute!” the one named Donggab came and pinched my cheeks.
I pouted, and rubbed my face as they laughed, “Don’t do that.” warned Jay.
“She might be cute and all but she’ll come back with a vengeance.” he said.
“JAY!” called out another guy. They all turned the other direction.

I heard a low whistle behind me. I turned curiously and saw a tall blonde guy looking at me up and down, biting his lip.
“Hello there sweetness.” he winked.
I let out an amused chuckle, “Oppa.” I called out to Jay, “A little help here.”
“What do you want Zelo?” I felt Jay put an arm around my shoulders protectively.
He put his hands up, “Just enjoying the scenery.” he looked at me again.
“Back up. My cousin doesn’t like elementary kids.” he said.

Zelo smacked his lips, “Once I get in that she won’t-”
I scoffed, “Just stop.” I put my hand up to silence him, “How old are you?”
“ZELO!” a voice shouted behind him. He jumped and went wide eyed.
“Yes hyung?” he turned around hands behind his back.
A taller guy, with red hair and amazingly y eyes came.
“I told you to ing stay over there. If you never listen how the do you expect me to make you a permanent member?” he said harshly.
“Sorry hyung.” he said quietly, lowering his head.
I just stared at the attractive human specimen a few feet away from me as he scolded the younger boy.

He realized that we were looking and gave a glare at Jay. I frowned a little, what was that for? “Go back and stay with Maslo.” he continued to look in our direction.
Zelo looked at me again, “See you later sweetness.” he winked and blew me a kiss.
“Ew.” I grimaced and looked away.
“You should let the boy go. Hormones are ragin’.” said Junkyung behind me.
He chuckled, “Says the group that brought the girl along.” he looked at me.
I swear I melted as our eyes met, my knees even started shaking.

“She’s here to learn.” said Jay.
His eyes widened and he looked me over again. I could tell he wanted to smile.
Jay zipped my jacket up more, and I felt one of the other guys put my hood on.
“Well then if she’s here to learn, the best way to do that is by practice. I challenge her.”
My jaw dropped and I quickly looked at Jay. “Oppa.” I whispered.
“.” they muttered behind me.
“Let me take him.” I said. Wait…did I just say that?
“Huh?!” they all exclaimed and circled around me.
“Let me take him.” I repeated. Seriously, why the am I agreeing to this?! This isn’t me, this is my alter ego that is amazing at writing lyrics and is confident. I’ve never battled in my life!

“Are you sure ________?” asked Zico.
I nodded, “Why not?” Oh my ing god, I’m going to die out there.
Jay exhaled, “Only if you’re sure.”
“I am.” NO NO NO NO, DON’T LET ME GO OUT THEREEE!
“So.” his deep voice broke into our conversation. “You in or out?” he asked me, his lower lip.
“Bring it.” I smirked.

--

“ATTENTION PEOPLE! PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE!” The MC calmed the crowd.
“We got a new rapper backstage, she, that’s right folks SHE was challenged by the great Jepp Blackman!”
Gasps could be heard in the crowd as they heard that the great Jepp Blackman had challenged someone. He was usually the one that was challenged.
“The challenger, JEPP BLACKMANN!” he announced.
The crowd cheered loud and proud for him. You smirked, no longer scared you let your alter ego take over.
“And, the challenged!” You pulled off the hood and walked out confidently, with Jay and Junkyung behind you.

No one cheered for you (except for Jay’s friends) and you could have care less. “What name do I announce?” asked the MC.
You looked at Jay and Junkyung. “Yeah I was kinda hopin’ you guys would come up with something.”
“She goes by…Lil’ Park.” said Junkyung.
You giggled, “That’s should be Jay’s name.”
“Focus!” he rolled his eyes.
“Alright, Lil’ Park vs. Jepp Blackman folks! It kind of looks like a couple battle, you know with the hair…y’all plan this?” he teased.
You both gave him emotionless stares.
“Remind me to dye my hair later.” you whispered to Jay.

“Just a reminder of the rules. You get as long as the beat goes, and that’s it. Anything goes people, I need to hear y’all in that crowd. Come onnn!” Your eyes never left his as the crowd yelled. “Challenger goes first.” was the last thing you heard as the beat started playing.
He smirked and brought the mic to his lips.

“Someone should have warned her, I don’t go easy,
My lyrics are ice cold make you say burr and ya’ stomach feel queasy.
I can tell you’re new, baby girl you should’ve back down,
Your feelings finna get hurt, I’ll turn that smile into a sad frown.
Who you think you are coming in taking the stage,

You small, insignificant female that’s underage.”


The crowd ‘ooh’, and you continued to stare into his eyes, trying to find a weakness. You hadn’t even realized that he had been moving closer, a few more steps and he would be in your face.

“I’ll take you down like I did your cousin,
You think just cause you a girl that matters? It doesn’t.

Momma should have taught you better, go play with your doll,
I see your eyes watering, am I making you bawl?
Someone should have told you, I run this ,
You ain’t good enough, you weak, you unfit.
How is it possible to handle me, you can’t spit.
Go ahead and head backstage, now you can throw your fit.”


The crowd clapped and cheered as he dropped his mic. His crew came up and patted his back, he continued to stare at you. He gulped seeing that nothing he said hit a nerve, admitting to himself he could have done better than what he just threw out.

“Ouchhhh.” said the MC. “Lil’ Park, you gotta response to that?”
“Yeah I got one.” you said into the mic. The crowd ‘ooh-ed’ again.
“Alright then. DJ bring it back!”
You nodded your head, feeling the beat. With a tight grasp on the mic you began.

“Tall fools always gotta bash on the height,
Yeah, I’m 158 (cm)I know I ain’t in ya’ line of sight.
Uh huh, I’m sneaky and sly, you won’t expect me,
Obviously I ain’t ya’ average emcee.
My lyrics will have you on your knees,

All we’re gonna hear is your pathetic pleas.”

You smirked as the crowd applauded and chanted your name.

“Joke about feelings and joke about dolls,

Standing next to you, I’m probably the one with the bigger balls.”

You moved closer, until you were only a few centimeters away. He titled his head down to be at eye level with you.

I’ll get in your face, I ain’t scared.
You lookin’ hella nervous, didn’t think I’d be lyrically prepared?
Someone should’ve warned you about me, not the other way around,
You missin’ something, oh yes, someone please get this dunce his crown!
I’ll tell you right now, I won’t ever back down,
Take notes sweetheart, I’m Lil’ Park, the baddest around.”


You winked at him as you backed away, he smirked and brushed his thumb over his lower lip. Jay and Junkyung covered their mouths and jumped in the air. They quickly brought you into a hug, and patted you on the back.
“OHHHHHHHH!” said the MC. “WOOOO, Lil’ Park brought some fire. I like that, what you all think about it?” the crowd began chanting your name.
“Alright, alright. Another round?” he asked.
“AYO! COPS RAIDING UPSTAIRS!”

The scene changed quickly as everyone rushed. There was no way in hell that they wanted to be caught. Jay reached out for you, and pulled you along. Your heart raced as you tried to keep up. As you neared an exit you felt the tip of your shoe glide against the floor, no no no no no n- Jay’s hand was no longer holding on to you as you fell. You quickly covered yourself and rolled trying to avoid the stampede behind you.

“________!” You heard Jay call out, you looked around trying to see were he was. The beams of the flashlights could be seen as the police entered the club. As you spotted his blonde Mohawk a hand grabbed your wrist and dragged you into a different area.

Your POV:

The hallway was poorly lit, but I could still see his bright red hair. Dear god, please don’t let him kill me. It was Lil’ Park that went against him, not me!
“Hurry up.” he growled.
Without responding I picked up my pace, running side by side with him, his hand still around my wrist.

An exit sign was close and he pushed the door open, the cold wind making me shiver and gasp. We eventually slowed down after running about four or five blocks from the club. I put my hands on my knees as I caught my breath, and he leaned against the brick wall, panting.
“You alright?” he asked.
I nodded standing straight up, coughing from the cold air.
“You know, you’re pretty good.” he complimented. “I haven’t seen a girl up there since Mirae noona.”
I chuckled, “Thanks.”

“Yongguk.” he extended his hand.
“Yongguk?” I tilted my head.
“Yeah, that’s my real name.” he explained.
“Oh.” I shook his hand, “________.” I smiled shyly.

Yong Guk POV:

_________, that’s pretty. I’m still staring at her, look away, LOOK AWAY.
“So uh…I should probably-” I stopped, I couldn’t just leave her here.
“You need a ride home?” I asked. Please say yes, please say yes.

Before she could answer a car honked, and headlights landed on us.
“_________!” I heard Jay’s voice. Wow, er.
“Uh. I should go. Jay oppa was probably worried.” she smiled slightly.
Oh, she is cute, the club lighting doesn’t do her justice.
“Thanks for uh, getting me out of there.” she said.
“Uh, yeah n-no problem.” WTF, I’m stuttering now?!

“Get inside the car ________.” Jay walked up to us.
I rolled my eyes as he got closer to me. She looked back once more and smiled as she walked away.
“Stay away from my cousin Yongguk.” he said.

I smirked, “I do what I want, and your cousin. That’s something I want.”
He rolled his eyes and chuckled, “Don’t go near her. I don’t trust you, if I find you near her I’m ending you.” he walked away and I heard the car door shut and they drove off.



A/N: The lyrics aren’t from any song, I made them up. So sorry if they aren’t good, I’m not a rapper lol. THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! <3333