Eighteen

Bring It

Jay walked around with you before school started. You got plenty of compliments on your new hair color, and Principal Choi walked pass both of you and ruffled your hair showing his approval. He was about to break apart to head to class but stopped and looked ahead. You turned and saw Yongguk walking with Zelo and Himchan, he hadn’t noticed Jay yet. He looked really good with his newly dyed hair.
“Oppa you should go to class.” you said.
“What the man?” he said, making Yongguk look up.
“Oh noona! I like your hair!” Zelo smiled and was about to come closer but Himchan yanked him back.

“Are you the one leaving her those flowers?” Jay asked, his voice getting louder. People drew closer, wanting to hear what was happening.
Yongguk looked at your for a quick second and scoffed, “She’s not worth my time, don’t give her any ideas.” He doesn’t mean it, he doesn’t mean it. You kept telling yourself that.
“See!” you told Jay, “There, can we just go?” you didn’t want to show it but it still hurt.
As you turned you saw Jieun, standing there with a smirk.

You rolled your eyes and continued walking to class. Behind you the crowd had already dispersed, disappointed yet again from no fight taking place. Yongguk’s shoulders deflated and he ran his fingers through his hair. Jieun came up and smiled sweetly at him, giving him a wink before continuing on her way. Yongguk rolled his eyes, grimacing at her act.
“It’s okay hyung.” said Zelo, “She knows you didn’t mean it.”
He sighed and looked forward as you continued to walk, he shook his head, “I have to go talk to her.”
Before Himchan could stop him he had already jogged towards you.

--

“________.” I jumped and looked around.
“Uh.”
“I’m over here.” I narrowed my eyes and continued to search for Yongguk.
“I still don’t see you~” I said nervously.
“Walk backwards a few steps.” I did so and saw him in the small space between a few lockers. I giggled, he had to bend his knees a little to completely hide his height.
“Yah!” he pouted, “I’m sorry.”
I shrugged, “It’s okay.” I twiddled my thumbs.

“No, it’s not.” he stepped out a little.
“We have an image to maintain.” I said. “Everyone is supposed to think we hate each other.”
He sighed, “Come here.”
I looked around quickly before running into his arms.
He kissed my forehead, “If that’s how it’s going to be in public…Just know that everything I say isn’t real.”
“Same goes for me.” I smiled, leaning my head against his chest.
“You look pretty~ I did good with the color right?” he smiled.
“Yes~ And you look handsome too~” I beamed twirling a few of his strands with my fingers.

“Go to class. I’ll see you later okay?”
I nodded, “And please, please, please. Don’t give Jieun any responses, that’s just what she wants.”
“What she wants is you.” I muttered, messing with one of the patches on his blazer.
He sighed and tightened one arm around my waist, lifting my chin with his other hand, “Well she’s not going to get me, unless you let me go easily…” he waited for a response.
“Hmm. Nope, I won’t.” I smiled.
He chuckled, “Good, I don’t think I would let you.”
I blushed as the bell rang, “Go to class, don’t be late.” he smiled, kissing my forehead.

--

“Hello ladies.” I rolled my eyes hearing her voice. Fei and Jia’s smiles faded, and Min stopped sipping her water.
“Can we help you?” Jia asked with a sarcastic smile.
“She just likes to bother me.” I answered, taking another bite of food.
Jieun giggled, “That is an extremely annoying sound.” I said bluntly.
“Well your cousin loved it for those years we dated.” she said in my ear.
I dropped my utensils and stood up to face her, “Alright -”
“_______.” I pouted and turned, facing Jay.

“Don’t.” he said, stealing a glance at Jieun.
“I don’t like her!” I admitted, stomping my foot.
“The feelings mutual.” she said yawning.
I grabbed my fork and pointed it at her, “Watch yourself.” I warned.
I turned to face Jay, “And you liked her because?”
Min giggled, making Jieun throw her a glare.
“Come on unnie.” one of Jieun’s friends came, Sunhwa I think. She linked arms with her, taking her away from our table.

“I don’t want to see you getting into fights.” lectured Jay.
“Okay~” I muttered, picking at my food.
He ruffled my hair and went back to his table with Zico and Junkyung.
“Boyfriend.” Min nodded behind me.
I turned and Yongguk gave me the same look that Jay did. “Stay out of trouble.” he mouthed.
I pouted, “Fine.” I mouthed back.
He smiled and made his hands into a shape of a heart.
“Awww~” The girls giggled.
I rolled my eyes and threw him one too, he turned around with a satisfied smile on his face.

--

“Friday~” Yongguk smiled at you. “We don’t have school, we can spend the day together.” he laced your hands together.
“Okay~” you beamed up at him.
“What did she say at lunch?” he asked, pulling you in for a hug.
“Nothing.” you sighed.
“Were you about to eat her? You did point your fork at her.” he teased, kissing your head.
Your nose scrunched up, “Not into cannibalism.”

He chuckled, “Oh yeah, we’ve had that conversation.”
You phone vibrated and he let out a sigh, “Tell him you’re busy.” he mumbled.
He was joking, knowing that if you took anymore time Jay would search the whole school and scold you for taking forever to ‘find your book’.
“I’ll see you tomorrow.” you smiled sadly.

--

“I need your help oppa.” said Jieun.
“Ugh, I’m having fun over here, I don’t want to!”
“Kim Jonghyun, you told mommy that you would always be there for me when she travels. Now you come back to Seoul right now!” she threw a tempter tantrum.
“You annoying brat! What do you want this time?” he whined.
“I need your help!” she repeated.
“With what?” he asked again.
“Please oppa.” she said softly.
He sighed, “This better be good Jieun, I’ll be there by Thursday.”
She squealed, “Thank you so much oppa!” she beamed.
“Yeah yeah yeah, I’ll see you soon.”

--

“Where’s _______?” asked Jay, walking to the table.
The girls stopped eating, “She’s-uh with-in the bathroom.” stuttered Min.
“Yeah.” said Fei awkwardly.
“Oh, she shouldn’t be that long then.” he sat down, “I need to tell her something.”
“Can’t it wait?” asked Jia.
He furrowed his brows, “What’s going on?”
“Nothing.” they all said, high pitched.
Jia secretly grabbed her phone and texted you a quick message under the table.

“Fei, did you do the homework for math?” he asked.
“Hm, oh yeah…it’s in…my locker.” she lied.
“Oh, can I go get it? I didn’t do the last few problems.” he asked.
“Yeah sure, go ahead. You know the combination right?”
“Mhm.” he got up, “Hopefully she’s back by the time I come back.”
He walked away, and they all panicked.
“ .” said Min, “Did she respond to the text?”
“No!” Jia worriedly looked at her phone. “Where’s your homework?” she asked Fei.

“I have it in this folder.” she patted the one in front of her.
“Call her!” said Min, looking back to keep watch.
Jia dialed her quickly, “GET YOUR DOWN HERE! JAY’S LOOKING FOR YOU!”

As she hung up Fei scoffed seeing Jieun and her followers walk up.
“Oh look at that, she’s not here.” pouted Jieun. They all let out a giggle.
Jia rolled her eyes, then quickly gulped seeing Jay return.
“I didn’t find it, you sure it was-what do you want?” he quickly changed his tone.

Jieun smiled sweetly and came closer to him, “Hi oppa.” she batted her lashes.
Min nearly spit out her water, “Gross.” she pretended to gag.
You walked up, out of breath from having to run all the way from the roof.
“Are you okay?” asked Jay, patting your back.
You nodded, coughing as Jia handed you her bottle of water. “T-thanks.”
Jieun giggled, making you roll your eyes. “You can go now.” Min smiled at Jieun.
“Please do.” you said before taking another gulp of water.

She leaned on Jay slightly making him grimace. “I don’t think he wants me to leave.”
“Actually,” he said, moving her back, “I would like if you did.”
“But oppa~.” she pouted, playing with his collar.
“Jieun.” he started to get aggravated.
“I wanted to talk to you.” she said sadly.
He sighed and turned to her a little, “I’ll talk to you later.” you heard him whisper.

Your jaw dropped as she smiled, “Okay~” She looked at her friends, on cue they all walked away.
“Are you ting me?” you looked at Jay.
“What?” he said, “I need closure.”
You pursed your lips, “What did you need?” you asked.
“Oh, I have detention today after school. I fell asleep in history.” he said.
“We can take her home.” said Fei, “Here.” she pulled out her math worksheet.
“Oh okay. Thanks.” he took it, “You’ll be okay right?”

“No, we’re going to kidnap her and force feed her scorpions.” Min blinked.
You giggled, “Yeah, I’ll be fine.”
He nodded, and walked away, thanking Fei for the worksheet.
“Yongguk will be taking you home?” asked Jia.
“I guess.” You said, “Thanks for covering, I owe you.”
“Make us lunch again and we’ll call it even.” said Fei, making faces at her food.
“Deal!” you giggled.

--

“You ready?” Yongguk smiled.
I returned it, “Yup.”
“Come on, I parked in the back.” he grabbed my hand, taking my backpack.
“Ohh~ very discrete.” I laughed.
“Of course.” he chuckled, opening the door for me.
Thankfully no one was back there, so we didn’t have to hide.

“Was he suspicious today at lunch?” asked Yongguk.
“He didn’t ask anything.” I said, “So I guess not.”
He nodded and grabbed my hand as it hung from my arm rest.
I blushed, still not use to it. As he made a turn he let go, and it made me feel…empty. I frowned, is that normal? I’ve heard girls say that all the time in movies, yes I was very lonely in Seattle.

He stopped a few houses down, just in case my aunt or uncle were home. I didn’t need them talking to my parents about how a boy came and dropped me off. I sighed and leaned back in the seat, he brought his arm up around my shoulders, making me lean on him.
“I like you a lot.” he said, making me raise my eyebrows.
“If it wasn’t already obvious.” he chuckled deeply.
I blushed and looked up at him, “What?” he asked.
“I’m just…I’m not used to this.” I admitted.

“Well get used to it!” he tickled my sides.
I squealed, “Stop it~!”
He chuckled and held me tightly, “I like you a lot too, in case it wasn’t obvious.” I mimicked.
I felt him kiss the top of my head, “I couldn’t tell.” he joked.
Not that I didn’t love his little kisses, but I actually wanted to kiss him kiss him. Girls do that in movies too, well maybe not the first one but…oh why am I comparing this moment to what people act out?!

“Is that your uncle?” he asked, I looked at the driveway seeing Uncle Bae’s car pull up.
“Yeah.” I sighed.
“I’ll see you tomorrow.” he smiled, hugging me tightly before letting go.
“Mmkay.” I smiled back, he kissed my cheek and helped me up.
As I reached down and grabbed my backpack he opened the door for me, helping me out.

--

“When you finish organizing these three shelves you may leave Mr. Park.”
“Yes Ms. Han.” he muttered.
“Maybe next time you think twice before sleeping in my class.” she said walking away.
Jay sighed, hearing her heels click down the hall.
“She would choose the top three shelves.” he sighed looking at the books. Taking off his blazer he rolled up the sleeves of his button down shirt, exposing his many tattoos. He grabbed one of the desks and climbed up. He removed all of them from the highest one and started putting them in order.

“Oppa?” He looked down, seeing Jieun standing at the doorway.
He let out a sigh, continuing to order them, “What do you want Jieun?”
“You said that we could talk later.” she reminded him.
“I’m kind of busy.” he said.
“Please oppa~” she said, making her eyes bigger.
He rolled his eyes, “Fine.” he hopped off the desk and stood a few steps in front of her.
“Why did you leave me for him?” he asked. “Was I not good enough? I gave you everything Jieun, I went above and beyond for you but you still-”
She went forward and shut him up, placing her lips on his.
He didn’t know why, maybe it was because he missed the feeling, but he kissed her back wrapping an arm around her waist pulling her closer.