Thirty Nine

Bring It

Yongguk quietly entered the room, he tip toed over and checked if you were asleep. He frowned seeing that you still shivered even under all the comforters.
Trying not to wake you up, he carefully slipped under the sheets, smiling when he saw that you wore the clothes he snuck in your backpack. He noticed that you didn’t have warm pjs and grabbed his own for you.

Gently, he wrapped his arms around you, pulling you closer to him to share his body heat. Moving the hair from your face, he kissed your forehead, nose, and lips. In less than five minutes you had stopped shivering and your breathing regulated.

Aaron’s words echoed in his mind. There was no way in hell he was going to just stand by and let him take you away. JR had already made it clear to him that he was just kidding. He knew that whatever was going on with you and Yongguk was not over. There was zero intention of going after you on his side.

Yongguk thanked the heavens, he didn’t want to have to hurt the poor kid. Aaron was a different story though, if you weren’t such a pacifist then he would have already roughed him up. But he knew one thing for sure. You were his and he was yours, that night after Seyoon’s birthday was one night he would never forget. Seungho was out of the picture, but Aaron replaced him and he was determined to fight it out.

--

You woke up, no longer cold thankfully. As you tried to stretch you felt arms tighten around you. A wave of panic ran through you, praying that Aaron hadn’t come in last night to fall asleep next to you. Before you open your eyes, you already knew who it was. Only one person made you feel this safe and protected when they hugged you.

Carefully you dug your face in the pillow, peeking out through one of your eyes. He was still asleep so it was safe to open them completely. You admired his face, he looked so peaceful as he sleep. With his blonde hair and milky skin he resembled an angel. You took in all of his features, before the sunlight hit the necklace he wore.

Your brows furrowed, you had never seen that before. Moving the blanket slightly you saw was hung from it and it made you want to cry. Your couple rings were strung together in the silver chain. A small sigh escaped your lips and you gently pressed your lips to his neck. Whenever you would wake up next to him, that was something you would do.

He stirred and you quickly shut your eyes, pretending to be asleep. Yongguk slowly opened his eyes and smiled seeing that you were still in his arms. You felt him brush his thumb gently run along your cheek and his lips press against your forehead. He mumbled some words and sighed deeply, leaning his forehead against your temple.

Flipping on your side you let out a fake yawn and snuggled closer to him, continuing to keep your eyes closed. Yongguk happily held you, enjoying the moment before the door flew open and Fei ran in with the rest of the girls.
“________! IT‘S SNOWING! IT‘s-Oh…” They stopped giggling and stood there awkwardly as you both sat up.
Your face heated up as they held in their laughter.
“Uhm…could you, give us a moment?” you looked at Yongguk.
“Oh, yeah…yeah.” he was red faced as he walked out.

“Mhm.” Min smirked.
“Shut up!” you mumbled and fell back into the bed.
“He kept you warm didn’t he?” Chaerin’s hand ran up your arm teasingly.
“Is that what he said?” you lifted your head up.
They nodded, “We hadn’t fallen asleep yet and he just got up and mumbled something about checking up on you.”
“I’m bummed now.” you frowned.

“It’s snowing! Go eat and we can play!” Jia threw her hands in the air.
“After nearly freezing to death I don’t think I want to play in the snow right now guys.” you yawned.
“Are you sure~?” Dara tugged on your arm.
“Yeah, just go. If I’m feeling up to it I’ll meet you guys out there later.” you assured.
You walked out, taking a blanket with you. They left you in the kitchen with JR while they ran outside with everyone else.

“Morning.” he smiled.
“Morning.” you mumbled, pulling out a chair.
“Are you hungry?” he asked.
“No, I’m good. Thank you though.” you wrapped yourself more in the blanket.
He frowned, “Why are you such a moody person ______?” he poked you.
“Long story.” you yawned.

Before he could ask another question Yongguk came into the kitchen, still in his Pjs.
“Morning hyung.” JR patted his shoulder, “I’m heading out.”
He quickly jogged to the sliding door and ran into the snowball fight. Yongguk pulled out the chair next to yours and sat down.
“Thank you.” you looked at him shyly.

“For?” he raised a brow.
“If it wasn’t for you I probably would’ve stayed cold the whole night.” you blushed.
“_______.” he closed his eyes, “I-”
You both jumped as a snowball hit the sliding door. Rolling your eyes you turned your attention back to him but his phone rang.
Taking a quick peek you saw that it was Jieun.

He cursed under his breath, “Give me a second.” he looked at you before answering it.
“Hello?” he said boredly. “No…I don’t care…J-” he gulped, not wanting you to know who he was speaking to.
He got up and walked to the living room, but you could still make out some of what he was saying.
“That’s not my kid, not my problem.” he muttered. “Leave me alone Jieun.”

Anger rose inside you, why did she even come back?
“Morning~” Aaron walked in with a bright smile.
“Morning.” you smiled back, hopping off the chair.
Yongguk walked in and gave Aaron a slight glare before looking at you.
“I’m gonna head out.” you pressed your lips together.
“I wanted to talk to you.” Yongguk said lowly.

You turned around to face him on your way back to the room, “If the baby needs you, you should go…” you said sadly.
He clenched his jaw, “But-Fine…”
You quickly went back into your room and changed into the other clothes you had in your backpack. Jay drove you home, carefully since the roads were a little slushy with the snow.

You moped around for the next few days until your mom forced you out of the house. There was no way of getting out of it though, last month you promised Min that you would be part of the ceremony when her parent’s renewed their vows. Their anniversary was next week, and the four of you had to try on the dresses that were on hold. Luckily it would be held in doors, there was no way you would be outside long in the dress.

Friday night Jia convinced you to go out with them to the club. You gave in before they called Junkyung and Jay to carry you out of the house. It was filled up more than usual, something big had to be happening. Teddy announced the floor open to whoever wanted to battle.

A few hours and battles later you tugged on Min’s sleeve, whining that you wanted to leave.
“Please Min~ I’m tired.” you pouted.
“No you aren’t and besides, nothing exciting has happened yet.” she looked around the club, as if looking for someone.
You sat back down on the speaker and watched as Junkyung and Donggab tagged teamed on another pair.

“ILLIONAIRE!” Teddy shouted enthusiastically, “Like we didn’t see that coming.”
He bumped fists with them and looked back out to the crowd, “Anyone else? Come on, y’all I know you want in on some of this. Its been nothing but fire tonight!”
“I want in.” Everyone turned, and you slowly looked up hearing Yongguk’s voice.
“I challenge Lil’ Park.” he stared at you, “We never got to finish our first one.”

Everyone looked in your direction with raised brows, waiting for your reply.
Gulping you stood up, “Well Lil’ Park?” Teddy teased, poking you with the mic.
For the first time in a long time, you smirked in Yongguk’s direction.
You shrugged, “Bring it.”