Twenty Seven

Bring It

“From the top!” Jay wiped the sweat from his forehead.
You and the rest of the backup dancers groaned.
“That last one was perfect!” whined Changjo.
“He’s right!” you said from the floor, “I don’t think we can go again oppa. Dongwoo might throw up this time.”
Jay looked at us each in the mirror, “If you haven’t thrown up yet, then you aren’t trying hard enough.” he said.

“Noona, make him stop!” Jongup cried as he rubbed his calves.
You tried to get up but the coldness of the floor felt soothing against your hot skin.
“I…can’t.” you grunted. “Jay!” you yelled, “Stop being all drill sergeant on us!”
Junkyung stepped in, “Hyung, I think eight hours is enough for today.” he said cautiously.
Jay sighed, “I’m sorry guys, I just really want this to be perfect.”
Dongwoo chugged his water, “It’s okay. We get it.”
“Really?” Jay smiled, touched at his words.
“NO!” you all yelled, “You nearly killed us today!”

He chuckled, “Okay, no practice tomorrow then.”
“YES!” you all cheered.
“Okay now, someone help me up.” you lifted your hands up in the air.
Junkyung came up and helped you off the ground. “I’m going home.” You weakly grabbed your bag.
“Bye _______.” Jay patted your back.
“Ow~!” you tried hitting him, but stopped from the soreness.
“I’ll hit you tomorrow.” you sighed.
“Bye guys!” you called out exiting the dance room.

--

“Sweetheart.” your mom entered your room, “Do you want to go eat with us?”
You groaned, “I would love to mom, but I can hardly move. Jay had us practicing for hours.”
“Oh.” she frowned and sat on the edge of your bed, “Will you be okay?”
You nodded slightly, “Yeah I just submerged myself for an hour in boiling hot water.”
She chuckled, “Okay well, call us if you need anything. Better yet call Yongguk, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.”
You couldn’t muster up enough energy to roll your eyes.
She kissed your head, “We’ll be back soon.”

As exhausted as you were you weren’t sleepy, but you were hungry. It had already been a good hour since your parents had left so you were positive that the house was empty. A grunt escaped your lips as you sat up on your bed, using the headboard as support. You heard your ring tone as you caught onto the nightstand before falling.

“Yoboseyo?” you sighed.

“Baby.”
A smile came on your face.
“Yes~?”
“Your mom called me.” he said, “I’m outside your house, can you open the door?”
“It might take a while.” you bit your lip as you limped to the doorway.
“Is there a spare key out here somewhere?”
“There is!” you sighed in relief, “It’s under the small angel.” you said.

“Under the small angel? Babe I can’t get the spare if you have it.” he joked.
“Oppa.” you blushed.
He chuckled, “I got it.”
You hung up and started walking into the hallway as the door creaked open.
His footsteps were heard downstairs, “________~?” he called out.
“I’m up here.” your voice echoed.

He jogged up to you and scooped you into his arms as he kissed you.
“Hi.” he grinned.
“Hi.” you giggled.
“So Jay overworked you?”
You pouted, “Eight hours of intense practice.”
He frowned, “I’ll kick his later, how about that?”
“Hmm, please do.” you smiled.
He chuckled and walked back to your room, setting you down on your bed.


“Oh, no oppa I was going to eat something.” you said, trying to get back up.
“No no no.” he wagged his finger at you, “You stay here, I’ll go make you something and bring it up to you.”
You frowned, “But-”
“No buts, you can barely hold yourself up babe. I’m here, you don’t have to worry about it.” he carefully moved you back down.
“Please ________-ah, let me take care of you.” he kneeled next to your bed and pouted.

You resisted as long as you could, which was about two minutes.
“Fine.” you sighed and laid back down.
He smiled victoriously and planted a kiss on your forehead, “I’ll be back in a minute.”

--

“I’m sorry.” Yongguk frowned as you finished your food.
You giggled, “It’s fine babe, I’m just glad you stopped before you burned the house down.”
He sighed, “I’m not so good in the kitchen.”
After an hour you made it downstairs and he had no idea what he was doing. You admired his effort and he gave in and ordered take out.

“It’s fine.” you cupped his cheek. “You’re good at other things.”
His smile changed into a smirk, “Hmm, I wonder what.” he crawled over capturing your lips in a kiss.
You giggled as he hovered above you, his hands slowly going under your shirt.
“Ow.” As certain as you were that this would feel pleasure over pain, you were still sore.
“Okay, that idea’s out the window.” he sat back down.
“No~” you whined, tugging on his shirt.

He chuckled, “You’re hurt. Besides your parents could come home any minute and I’ve seen your dad’s golf clubs. I’d rather not die.”
“My dad wouldn’t kill you.” you batted your lashes.
Yongguk smiled and looked at your T.V, “How about we watch a movie?”
You nodded excitedly, “Yes!”
He popped in a movie which didn’t matter since you both fell asleep within the first thirty minutes.


 

“________! We’re home!” Your mom called out.
She frowned hearing no response and looked at your dad who shrugged his shoulders.
They went upstairs and gently knocked on your door. “_______? Oh, aw yeobo look!” She giggled and pulled him by the arm. You and Yongguk were snuggled together under your blanket fast asleep.
You dad coughed, “This is unacceptable.” he was about to wake you both up when she stopped him.

“Yah, leave them alone. They aren’t doing anything bad.” she yanked him back.
“But-That’s my baby girl!” he whined.
She giggled, “Well our baby girl is growing up.” she quietly gathered the empty take out containers. “Come on, I’ll tell Minyoung that he’s staying over tonight.”
He shook his head, “You women will be the death of me.” he rubbed his temples and walked into his room.

--

Your POV:

“Alright people! The first round of eliminations is tonight!” Teddy announced.
“We got five judges up in the V.I.P who will judge the talents. They decide the top ten, then they will be competing for the top five spots in December!”


I took a few breaths before Jongup handed me the black jacket I was to wear in the performance. “You nervous noona?” he asked.
“A little.” I admitted, “There’s over thirty people competing tonight, only ten go on.”
“No pressure.” he smiled.
I chuckled, “Yeah, no pressure.”
“We should go watch.” Junkyung patted our backs, “It’s about to start.”

After a whole week of immense practicing it was time to put it out for people to see.
Yongguk smiled as I came out onto the stage. “Who’s up first?” I asked, holding his hand.
“They haven’t announced yet, it’s by random drawing.”
Teddy clicked his tongue, “Well until they pick the first performance how about we vote on the cutest couple here!”
“WE WIN!” Yongguk shouted and lifted our hands in the air.

I giggled and lightly slapped his shoulder. “I have to disagree with you Jepp.” Teddy held onto Fei’s hand.
The crowd said a mixture of names until Tablo and Hyejung walked on stage.
“I think they win it.” I giggled.
“AND, Miss Hyejung will announce the first performance.” Teddy handed her the mic.
“How you guys doin’ tonight?” she smiled.
We cheered loudly, “Well, we have the order solved. First up is…M.I.B!”

A group of four guys across from me sighed. “Now, we’ll give you all a half hour to look through the list.” said Tablo, “All the competitors will be backstage until it is your turn to perform. Do not, by any means, do not leave until the scores have been tallied. If you make the top ten and you aren’t here to accept it then the next group is automatically brought in. No exceptions.” he handed the mic back to Teddy.
“You heard it folks, go ahead and get a look at your time and we can get this show rollin’!”

--

Jay and Yongguk both went together to the V.I.P area to check when we would be going. I asked Hyejung unnie how many people would perform tonight, she said that if everyone showed up then it would total to forty two performances.
“This is going to be a long night.” I yawned and laid my head on Himchan’s shoulder.
“Tell me about it.” he sighed. “Zelo and I aren’t even on the roster! We just came to support SC.”
“And we appreciate it.” Still PM batted his lashes at him.

Jay and Yongguk came back into the room.
“So?” Junkyung asked.
“We’re twenty five.” Jay answered.
“And we’re twenty four.” Yongguk continued.
“What are the odds of that.” chuckled CSP.
I raised my head up, it suddenly clicked that we were competing against each other. I knew that this meant the world to Jay and if he didn’t get to Hongdae in February then it would break his heart.

“Oppa?” Min knocked quietly on the door.
“Hey babe.” he smiled and brought her in.
Yongguk moved towards the couch were I sat. I stood up and he sat down in my spot quickly pulling me into his lap. He buried his face in my hair and took a deep breath.
“You okay oppa?” I asked.

He tightened his arms around my waist and nodded.
“Just a little nervous.” he admitted.

After a few minutes the others moved off the couch, allowing Yongguk and I to take a quick nap before we had to perform. I woke up first, still with an hour left to go I heard the beat from the current performer. Jongup quietly told me that we should start stretching to make sure that we don’t get hurt tonight. I tried getting up, but Yongguk’s arms held me in place. Gently, I kissed his lips, making him stir.
“Babe.” I whispered.
He hummed sleepily, “What~?” he whined.
I chuckled, “I have to go get ready. You should go too.” I brushed through his hair with my fingers.

His eyes slowly opened and pouted, “No~” he pulled me in closer, nuzzling his face in my neck.
I giggled, “Come on~ I have to go stretch.”
He sighed, “Well, I don’t want you getting hurt…” he was about to kiss me when a loud cough made us both look up.
“No.” Jay looked down at us, arms crossed.
Yongguk pecked my cheek and removed his arms from my waist.
I giggled seeing that Jay was about to throw a fit, “I’m going to with the others.” I shyly exited the room.

--

“Soul Connection, you’re up next. Jay Park you’re on deck.”
You saw Yongguk and the rest of SC go towards the right side of the stage. Quickly and quietly you ran to hug him. “Good luck oppa.” you whispered.
He smiled, “Thank you babe.” he puckered his lips, “For luck?” he asked.
You giggled, “Gladly.”
Maslo coughed and your cheeks burned as all the members look at the both of you.

“So do we get the same kind of luck you get?” Still PM raised his brow.
“Absolutely not.” Yongguk put his arm around your shoulders.
You snuck away as the beat from the previous song ended, quickly giving each of them a hug.
Junkyung quietly practiced his quick feature around the corner.
It didn’t take long until they called Jay up. You all fidgeted with excitement as you walked to the right side of the stage. Before Jay entered Yongguk came up and patted him on the back, wishing him and the other guys luck. He shyly walked up to you,
“Good luck princess.” he kissed you just before you stepped out onto the stage.

“This is Jay Park, performing with his four back up dancers.” said Teddy, “The song is entitled ‘Abandoned’ and features a rap solo by Dokki.”
You all took a deep breath before Jay gave each of you a look, waiting to see if everyone was ready. He signaled the DJ to start the track, hoping that they would choose him.

--

“First of all, let’s give a big round of applause for all the performers! They worked hard and it takes a lot to get up on here and do what they did.”
You and Yongguk laced your shaking nervous hands together.
“Miss Hyejung, if you would.” Teddy handed her the mic.
“Alright guys.” she smiled, “I’m going to name off the top ten in random order. In December these teams will be competing on this stage again to get into the top five slots for February.” she reminded.

“Once you have been called please step to the front.”
The crowd quieted down and the atmosphere became tense.
“Block B- Freeze.”
You all smiled as Zico and the rest of his friends
“M.I.B.”
“Supreme Team.”
“Big Bang.”
“Focus.”
“Soul Connection.”
You gaped at Yongguk and he lifted you off the ground, squishing you with a hug before taking his spot in the front.
“2ne1.”
“Jay Park.”
You didn’t even wait to hear the last two before the four of you jumped on Jay from happiness. He had the biggest smile on his face as you all walked up.

“Congratulations to all of you. We expect nothing but the best.”

 


 

I have no shame:
'Incredible' - Starring M.I.B's Cream (yet again): http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/132558 


/hides