Twenty Four

Bring It

Your POV

“What are you doing?” asked Yongguk.
“Washing Himchan’s sheets.” I answered, not facing him.
After showering Yongguk gave me some clothes that he had left here when he would sleep over. I loaded the washer and threw in the comforter, sheets, and pillow covers, along with our clothes from last night. Since Yongguk and I decided to do it on his bed, it was the least I could do.
“You look so cute in my clothes.” he came over and wrapped his arms around me, nibbling on my ear.

“Oppa!” I giggled and turned to face him.
“You’re still not dressed?” I frowned, he only had a towel around his waist.
“Pfft, don’t act like you don’t like it.” he said proudly.
“I never said I did.” I raised my brow.
“It didn’t sound like that last night.” he smirked.
I shoved his shoulder, “Be quiet!”
“Something you couldn’t do last night.” he chuckled and hugged me tighter.

I gasped, “Stop it!”
“I’m kidding!” he kissed my cheek. “Look at me~”
He pouted and lifted my chin up, “Saranghae.”
I blushed, “Nado saranghae.” I smiled at him.
“You know you didn’t have to clean his covers.” he frowned.
“Uh yeah! I don’t think he’d appreciate it smelling like us.” I walked away.
He shrugged, “He shouldn’t have left his keys in plain sight! Hey! Come back here!” I squealed as he chased after me.

--

“Ugh.” Jay groaned. He blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the light.
“Jay?! Jay~!?” he heard Donggab’s voice out in the hallway.
“In here!” he called out lying back on the tile, rubbing his forehead.
“In here?!” the door opened, “OH DUDE! EW!” Donggab covered his eyes.
“Put on some clothes!” he demanded.
Jay groaned again, “Not so loud hyung!”

“I found him!” he called out into the hallway.
Junkyung and Rado walked over, “Gross.” they looked away.
“Have a little fun did you?” they chuckled.
Jay stood up, finding his clothes. “I don’t remember much, care to fill me in?”
They all shrugged, “We were too occupied downstairs.” said Rado, “But tell us, who was she?” he wiggled his eyebrows.
He zipped up his jeans and bit his lip in concentration.

A few images of last night came back. Zico convinced him to do the keg stand, then Minhyuk gave him the beer bong, Jessica wrapped the boa around him, after throwing up outside in the pool he ended up in the bathroom. He sighed, continuing to replay what had happened. For a second he remembered kissing Min, and he shook he thought away. No, I had already passed out in the tub…didn’t I? Did I shower, is that why I didn’t have clothes on? He thought of every possible excuse to avoid the possible truth of sleeping with her.

“Uhm, I don’t know…” he answered, still unsure.
“Maybe he had fun by himself.” snickered Rado.
Donggab grimaced, “Come on, it’s almost the afternoon. We got that dinner remember?”
Jay’s head shot up, “. I forgot.” He furrowed his brows, another image of last night came to mind, he remembered seeing you with Yongguk in the kitchen.
“Where’s ________?” he asked them.
“Somewhere…” they looked at him oddly.
“You do remember what she said right? Or…what Jieun pretty much yelled-”

“GUYS! Oh thank you Jesus.” Teddy staggered over to them.
“What happened to you?” they chuckled. His eyes were bloodshot, one of the sleeves of his shirt was ripped off, one shoe was missing, and his belt hung from one of his wrists.
“I don’t know, but I’m eighty-nine percent sure that Fei was there.” he scratched his head.
“Ohhh!” they grinned.
“Alright, alright calm down!”
“We should get going, last time Sunny’s parents came home and we did the walk of shame.” Junkyung got them moving downstairs.

Jay lifted his torn shirt from the ground and right away something fell, hitting the tile with a ding. He furrowed his brows and bent down to pick it up. It was a shiny gold bracelet with three little charms. “Damn it.” he closed his fist over it.
It belonged to Min.

--

Your POV:

“The number you are trying to reach is unavai-”
“Aish.” I hung up. Jay hadn’t answered my calls at all.
“_______? Are you ready?” my mom knocked on the bathroom door.
I looked back at my reflection, “Yeah. I’ll be out in a minute.”
“Okay sweetheart, we’ll be in the car.”
I sighed, as much as I was looking forward to seeing Yongguk I didn’t want my favorite cousin ignoring me.

I tried his number once more, still nothing. I fiddled with my dress again before my phone rang.
“Oppa?! Oppa, don’t be mad at me, jebal!”
“Wrong person ______.”
“Oh, sorry unnie.”, I leaned against the sink.
“So he knows?”
I shrugged, “He hasn’t answered his phone today. So I guess he’s giving me the silent treatment.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”
“It’s okay, I mean I did have it coming dating his mortal enemy and all.” I played with my hair strands.
Jia giggled, “Mortal enemy? Don’t worry _______, everything will be fine. Besides he can’t shut you out forever. I don’t even think he’ll make it past tonight!”
I smiled, “Thanks unnie. I’ll see you soon, are you there yet?”
“Yes I am~ Oh and Fei just walked in I have to interrogate her!”

I gasped, “Wait for me! Is Min there yet?”
“No but she is acting weird! I called her and I got a bunch of one word responses.”
I frowned, “Hm. That’s weird, well I’ll see you in a bit!”
My parent’s honked the horn, signaling me to hurry up.

--

“Hey have you seen my phone?” Jay asked Junkyung.
“Yeah, it was in my pocket. I guess you gave it to me last night. It’s dead though.”
He clicked his tongue, “Man, just leave it charging then.” he fixed his tie.
Junkyung hadn’t given it much thought but he didn’t want to bring up the You+Yongguk situation. He assumed that Jay was purposely ignoring the subject, when in fact the poor boy didn’t even remember Jieun yelling the truth at him.

Jay continued looking in the mirror, putting his hand in his blazer pocket. He felt Min’s bracelet and let out a sigh. He wasn’t sure what had happened, maybe nothing but the way things looked it didn’t seem like it. Then he realized this was the first time he hadn’t thought of Jieun since she got here. Since she moved back every thought that came across his mind had something to do with her, or at least he would over think and it would eventually lead up to her.

“We should get going.” Jay grabbed his keys.
Junkyung turned off the t.v. and got up, stretching out his arms.
“About time hyung. I’ve been ready for hours.” he yawned.
Jay threw a pillow at him, “Hurry, I got to follow my parents.”
“JAEBEOM! JUNKYUNG!” They heard Jay’s mom calling them downstairs.
“Let’s go.” he sighed.

--

Your POV:


I nervously gulped as we walked to the entrance. I never liked going to business dinners with my parents, I always ended up next to the other couples son who was NEVER attractive whatsoever. Even though I was actually okay with it this time, I didn’t want to have Jay glaring at me the whole night. The ballroom was filled with parents and their kids, everyone socializing.

“Hyelim! Jaehyun!” My parents turned hearing their names. It was Yongguk’s parents. I gulped and hid behind them as they came closer.
“How are you?” They exchanged hugs and I saw Yongguk attempting to hide behind his parents as well. We looked at each other, holding in our laughter.
“_________!” I raised my eyebrows, hearing Jay’s voice. My aunt and uncle came up greeting Yongguk’s parents as well. I gave Jay a confused look.

“You aren’t mad at me?” I asked quietly.
He furrowed his brows and looked at Junkyung before responding, “Why would I be mad at you?”
“Oh well enough about this!” said Yongguk’s mom, “Let’s let the boyfriend and girlfriend talk!”
Jay raised his brows as I turned back to face them. They had pushed Yongguk in front of me.
“The what?” he asked, cocking his head to the side.

“Hey jagi.” said Yongguk, worriedly looking at Jay.
“Hey oppa.” I replied awkwardly.
“Aw~” Our mothers clapped excitedly.
“Yoochan! Minyoung! Oh look Hyelim!” Another pair came, distracting them.
I turned back to face Jay, he had a look of disbelief.
“You two?…Together?” he lightly chuckled.
“Oppa let me ex-” He lifted his hand up, silencing me.
“I can’t…look at you right now.” he turned and walked away.

I reached out for him but Junkyung shook his head, “Let him cool off.”
I nodded as he ran after him. Yongguk rubbed my shoulders and kissed the top of my head, “It’ll be okay.” he murmured.
“________!” Jia and Fei ran up to me, “Did he-”
“He just found out.” I sighed turning to Yongguk.
He hugged me tightly, “Oh you two should dance!”
Our mom’s came back. Fei and Jia giggled, “Go on~” they pushed us forward.
Yongguk smiled, “Come on babe.” he led me to the dance floor.

His hands held my sides and I put my arms around his neck, the song was slow.
Yongguk leaned his forehead on mine, “Don’t frown. I don’t like when you’re sad.”
I sighed, “I’m sorry it’s just-” I couldn’t even finish.
“I know, it’s okay.” he kissed my forehead. We heard a few squeals.
“Our parents are watching us right?”
We both gave little smiles and turned to our left. Our fathers sat down talking, probably discussing how business was going while our mothers looked on with smiles.

We both faced each other again and chuckled. “They’re probably planning our wedding.” he sighed.
“If I know my mother then she’s already planned it. Now they’ll pick out the names of our children.” I glanced at her.
He lifted his head up, with a little hint of pride. “What?” I chuckled.
“We’re talking about marriage…and kids.” he smirked.
I smiled, I never mention those two things…ever. Always hoped that I would have them, but never really thought I would.

--

After a few songs you both sat down with Jia and Fei. All of your parents sat together on one side of the room, the teenagers on the other along with children 12 and below. Everyone seemed to think it was normal, you and Yongguk dating. Most of them weren’t surprised, they said they saw it coming. You would constantly glance at the entrance, hoping to see Jay walk in, but he never did.

Yongguk would look back as well, you didn’t notice it though. When he saw Junkyung walk back in he took it as an open window.

“I have to go to the bathroom, I’ll be right back.” Yongguk stood up and kissed your cheek.
Instead of taking a left towards the bathrooms he went to the front.
“Yongguk.” He stood short, hearing Junkyung’s voice.
“I need to talk to him.” he said, “He can’t be mad at her.”

Junkyung sighed, “I don’t know man-”
“Come on, just for a minute.” he begged him.
He gave in, “Take a left, he’s in the alley.”
Yongguk gave him a grateful smile and quickly ran out.

--

Jay heard footsteps, he leaned his head back on the brick wall.
“Junkyung I appreciate it but I just want to be alone.”
“It’s not Junkyung.” Jay stood up immediately and faced Yongguk.
“What do you want?” he spat.
Yongguk bit his lip, “Look, hate me all you want. I don’t care I deserve it but don’t you ignore ________. Actually put all the blame on me, because I’m the one who fell for her, I’m the one who convinced her to go behind your back, I’m the one who told her to lie to you. I-”
“Are you done?” Jay rolled his eyes.

“No actually I’m not.” he stepped closer to him. “We need to fix this.”
“This?” Jay pointed back and forth between them, “There’s nothing to fix.”
“Look, you hate me because Jieun left you. Can we just get over that?”
Jay scoffed at him, “I don’t have time for this.” he began to walk away.
Yongguk sighed and yanked him back, “I get it you might not ever like me, but come on. Are you seriously going to let Jieun ruin this?“
Jay pulled away from him, “You don’t know how I felt!” he yelled. “The girl that I was in love with, IN LOVE with left me. She ignored me and acted like I didn’t exist but I still stayed around. You don’t know what it’s like to walk in seeing your girl with some other guy!”

Yongguk blinked, “You’re right. I don’t know what it’s like. I never loved Jieun like I love _______.”
Jay softened hearing him say the word. “I may have disliked you in the past but you have to believe me when I say that I’m sorry. I’m sorry I came along Jay, I’m sorry that the girl you loved was someone who didn’t deserve the attention you gave her.”
Jay sighed, “I know it’ll be difficult for you but for the sake of _______, can we just try to get along?” asked Yongguk.

What Jay did next surprised Yongguk. He stuck out his hand.
“What are you doing?” he asked Jay.
“It’s called a handshake.” Jay said slowly as if speaking to a child.
A smile appeared on Yongguk’s face, “Okay, let’s not get all touchy-feely about this.” Jay grimaced, “Just shake my hand.”
They shook hands, with the agreement to attempt to get along for your sake.
“We should get back in there.” said Jay. “Before they think that we’re dating.”
“Gross.” Yongguk turned and started walking back.

As they reached the entrance Min halted.
“Hey Min!” smiled Yongguk.
“Hi.” she said awkwardly stealing a quick glance at Jay. “Wait…how are you guys not killing each other?”
Jay sighed and looked at Yongguk, “I may have been wrong about him. He’s not a complete .”
She giggled, “________’s been asking about you.” said Yongguk, holding the door open.

Min shuffled in quickly, avoiding Jay. You turned and saw her. “MIN~”
“Hey.” she gave a small smile.
You pouted, “Are you okay?”
She nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine.”
“Oh…okay.” You didn’t want to bother her about it here.
You looked behind her, seeing Yongguk and Jay pat each other on the back.
“Uh.” You raised your brows.
Min cleared , “Yeah I think your cousin stole your boyfriend.”

You lightly slapped her shoulder and walked over to them. You blinked not saying a word.
Jay sighed, “I’m not mad at you.” he put his hands on your shoulders.
“I’m sorry.” you said, hugging him.
He chuckled and patted your back, “It’s okay _______, really,” he looked at Yongguk. “He’s not that bad.”

--

Min let out a sigh as she sat on the back steps of the building. She successfully avoided everyone’s questions, she wished she could saw the same for Fei. Looks like her and Teddy were an item now. Jia had plenty of options, boys always asked her out and you had Yongguk. All that was left was her, not that she cared if she had a special someone, but being the only one who didn’t made her sad.

She figured that Jay didn’t remember last night, secretly she wished he did. Those few hours brought back all the feelings she felt when she met him. Min considered Jieun lucky, she had Jay in love with her. She had only imagined what it would have been like with him. Her imagination was no where near close. The way he touched her, the way he kissed her-

“Min?” She gulped, but didn’t look up.
“Min.” he sighed, “We need to talk.”
“About?” she asked. He plopped down next to her.
“What happened last night?” he asked.
She shrugged, “People got drunk, the usual…”
He reached into his pocket and pulled out the bracelet. Jay dangled it in front of her face, “Do you regret it?”

She snatched it from his hand, “Where did you get this?” she stood up.
He followed suit, “Do you regret it?” he asked again.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” she shook her head.
He blocked her way, “Min.” he grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes.
“Answer me.”
She blinked, feeling tears, “NO! Okay I don’t. I didn’t expect that to happen but it did and it-”
“And it felt right.” he finished.
He leaned in and gently kissed her, she didn’t object.