Thirty Three

Bring It

Yongguk paced in the room while Jieun laid back, waiting for the doctor to come in. “Do you regret it?” she asked.
“How can I regret something I didn’t do?” he answered.
She rolled her eyes, “Still think nothing happened?”
He stopped pacing and shot daggers at the back of her head, “I know nothing happened.”
Before she could respond the door opened.

“Hello~ I’m Dr. Lee, I’m going to be doing your ultrasound.” she smiled.
“Now, how are we feeling today mommy?” she asked Jieun.
Jieun smiled sweetly, “Just fine.”
“That’s good.” Dr. Lee saw Yongguk standing in the back, “And are you the father?”
“Accused father.” he shook her hand.
“Okay…” she awkwardly coughed, “Well let’s see how you’re doing.”
She squirted the cold gel on Jieun’s stomach and faced the monitor towards them, “Okay, everything looks good, let me just-”

The sound of a heart beat made Yongguk look up, “That’s the heart beat.” she smiled. “And there…” she pointed at the screen, “Is your baby.”
Jieun pretended to cry, “Wow.”
Yongguk rolled his eyes and walked out to the waiting room.

“So?” Himchan and Jay stood up.
“She’s pregnant.” Yongguk grabbed his jacket, “But I know it’s not mine.”
They sighed, seeing other people stare at him.
“I know you guys might be skeptical about all this but, do you believe me?”
Himchan and Jay both patted his shoulder, “We do but-”
“Things look bad.” he finished.
“Yeah…”

They followed him out of the clinic and piled into his car.
“I know that I was drunk and on whatever drug but…guys I would never…”
He gripped the steering wheel tightly, “I wouldn’t.”
Jay sighed, “We should get back to school.” Himchan said.
Yongguk nodded and started the car.


As they walked into the courtyard they saw people gathered around, Jieun was holding up an ultrasound picture.
“Just a few weeks.” he heard her say, “So you can hardly see it.” she pointed at a small smudge on the picture.
“Aren’t you happy oppa?” Sunhwa smiled brightly.
Yongguk sighed, “I don’t know why you’re helping her.” he shook his head in disapproval.

You walked by and saw the picture that she happily displayed. To tick you off even more she got closer and nearly shoved it in your face.
“Don’t you want to see my baby?” Jieun gave her a fake smile.
You looked away, “Yeah, amazing.” you muttered.
“I wonder who it’ll look like.” she admired the photo, “Me…or Yongguk.”
You clenched your jaw and balled up your fists.

“Oh, did I hit a nerve?” she smirked.
Jia put an arm around you, “Leave her alone Jieun.” she glared at her.
“Why should I?” she asked innocently, “I’m just showing off my child.”
You felt your eyes beginning to water but you held them back, you didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of seeing you cry.
“Are you done?” you blinked at her.
“Hmm, no.” she smiled and continued showing everyone.

You rolled your eyes as Jia and you continued walking down the hallway.
Zico met you halfway and frowned as his arm replaced hers around you.
“Do you want to go home?” he asked.
You shook your head, “No. I can ma-” Your hand clamped over your mouth, feeling your stomach churn.
“_______? Are you okay?” Zico panicked.
“Bathroom.” you muttered quickly before running to the nearest one.

“.” he looked around desperately. He caught sight of Fei and quickly ran to her.
“Noona!” he blocked her way, “________, she’s sick!”
“What?” she furrowed her brows, “What’s wrong?”
“She ran to the bathroom, I don’t know.” he pulled her along.
Fei ran in, “_________?” she looked around. She cringed hearing someone vomit.
“________!?” she knocked on the stall door.
“I’m here.” you croaked.

“Are you okay?” she asked worriedly.
“Sudden urge to throw up, other than that I’m okay.” you stood up and fished your water bottle from you bag. You swished some in your mouth before spitting it out, getting rid of the after taste.
As you walked out she gave you a look, “You don’t think?” she looked at your stomach.
You shook your head, “No, trust me. I got my lovely gift this month.”
She sighed as you washed your hands, “Probably Jieun’s face that made me sick.” you shivered.

As you exited the bathroom you heard you name being called.
Jay and Yongguk both ran up to you, “Baby are you okay?” Yongguk hugged you quickly.
You looked at Jay, “Remove him before I kick him in the balls.” you said.
Yongguk’s eyes widened and he let you go, “I was just worried about you.”
“Are you okay?” Jay touched your forehead.
You slapped his hand away, “I’m fine.”

“We should get to class.” you looked at Zico.
He nodded and you two began walking away.
Yongguk slumped against the wall and sighed. “It’s okay.” Fei patted his shoulder.
“I don’t know how else to apologize.” he teared up. “I kinda just want to give up.”
Jay and Fei both raised their eyebrows before he walked away, muttering a goodbye.