Thirty Eight

Bring It

After much convincing from your parents you accepted to go to the dinner party they would be going to. Jay and your friends would be there so, at least you wouldn’t be bored right? You packed an extra change of clothes, Min suggested it. Of course, you would be staying over at one of their houses.
“Oh you look so pretty ________.” your mother beamed as she passed by the bathroom.
“Thanks mom.” you tried your best to put on a smile.
“Let’s go, before it starts raining…or snowing.” your dad looked at the sky from the window.

You didn’t pay attention to the route they took, you honestly didn’t even know who’s parents were hosting this. They had told you earlier but you weren’t listening. As they pulled into the house you saw Min and Fei barely getting out of the car. Quickly you grabbed your backpack and ran to them. After tossing it in the trunk you all walked in.

Your parents greeted the hosting parents, “This is our daughter ________.”
You bowed politely, “Oh, she’s adorable!” they beamed. “Have you met our son?”
They turned around, “A son?” you whispered to your mom.

“I didn’t know!” she swore.
“Ah here he is.” you looked up, and immediately let out a laugh.
“Hi ________.” Aaron chuckled.
“Hey Aaron.” You shyly stood behind your parents.

“Oh they know each other.” His mom smiled, “Well no awkward introductions then.”
Aaron continued to stare at you. “Why don’t you take her with the others.” his dad said. He finally looked away and nodded, “Oh yeah, right this way.”
He led you into a hallway then up the stairs.
“You look pretty.” he smiled.
“Thank you.” you blushed, “You don‘t look so bad yourself.”

He held the door open for you and immediately you heard Jay call your name.
“Let me take your jacket.” Aaron slowly slid the small coat off and hung it up.
“Thanks.” you smiled shyly

“______~” Jay came up, hugging you.
“Hey oppa.” you rubbed your arm awkwardly.

The room was huge and most of the people there you were already acquainted with.
“Oh who’s this beauty?” you raised a brow and turned back to were Aaron still stood. He rolled his eyes at the boy who now stood in between you.

“Go away JR.” he sighed, flicking the boy’s ear.
“Ow!” he pouted and turned his attention back to you.

“Jonghyun.” he extended his hand. “Call me JR. thought.” he smiled.
He was just as charming as Aaron, “I think I will.” you chuckled, not even wanting to let the name Jonghyun ever leave your mouth.
“________.” you introduced yourself.
“Mhmm.” he stared at you a second longer.
“And she’ll be leaving now.” Jay linked arms with you and took you away.
Leaving Aaron to laugh at JR.

Yongguk gave you a small smile, which you returned.
“Aaron~” You heard Chaerin whine, “We’re bored!”
He bit his lip, even though at least half of them were of age to drink they still didn’t want to do it while their parent were in the other room. Things always got out of hand somehow and they didn’t want to risk it.
“Movie?” he shrugged.


You saw Zico run over to the massive collection that he had on the shelves.
“OOhhh~” he grinned as he read one of them, “Alright people, let’s hope you don’t piss yourselves.”
“Aw man.” you frowned, knowing that he had already chosen a horror flick.
Aaron chuckled as he looked at the movie, “Okay then.” he the big screen TV and popped it in.
“Uh, if you open that closet there’s a bunch of pillows and stuff like that.” he pointed behind Junkyung.

You squeezed the pillow tightly and shut your eyes hearing a blood curling scream from the speakers. Being the scared little kid you were, you didn’t bother looking at the title or the story line, which to you didn’t seem that there was much of. All you got out of the few scenes you watched were: Serial killer, group of teenagers, woods, cabin, torture.

“Are you okay?” Aaron gave you a small smile, “It’s just a movie _______.”
You shook your head, “I know, I know.” you assured.
Everyone was sprawled out on the floor, watching intently.
You jumped hearing another scream. No one else seemed to have a reaction except you. Yongguk wasn’t even paying attention to the movie. He knew you hated horror films, that’s why he always avoided them whenever you too would watch movies. If he wanted to hold you he just would, he didn’t need you to get scared during one.

Jealously overtook him seeing that Aaron was keeping you distracted, that should be him doing that for you, making sure that you aren’t scared. He was going to crawl over and pull you away from him then he saw Aaron slip his arm around your shoulders. He balled up his fists and clenched his jaw tightly.

Himchan furrowed his brows, and looked over in the same direction.
“Don’t cause a scene.” he whispered to the older boy, “You don’t want to upset her.”
Yongguk let out a frustrated sigh, “But…he’s touching her.”
“Calm down.” he continued to coach him while still keeping his eyes on the screen.
“You can kick his later, and I’ll even help.” he assured.

Before you knew it the movie had ended, but none of the parents were even close to wanting to leave.
“What else should we do?” Zelo kicked his legs in the air.
A smirk appeared on JR’s face, “I have an idea.”
“It better be good!” Mir rested his chin on Jia’s head.
JR looked at Aaron, “Did Ren leave you the spare to the house west of here?”

Aaron gave him a look, “JR…”
“Come on bro!” he smiled, “It’ll be fun!”
“What’s happening?” Jay asked.
“There’s a kind of cabin near a small lake a few miles from here.” Aaron explained.
Everyone suddenly became interested.
“We can go ghost hunting!” he grinned devilishly.

“Oh no! I’m out!” you threw your arms in the air.
“Aw!” everyone frowned, “Come on _______!”
“No!” You shook your head, “After enduring that movie you want us to go to a cabin in the woods and this mofo wants to go ghost hunting? No, I’m good.”
Himchan wiggled his brows at Yongguk before turning back to you.
“Is Lil’ Park scared?” he teased.

“Hell in’ yeah!” you admitted shamelessly.
“Come on~” Min pleaded.

“Are you all basing this off of my decision?” You raised your brow.
“Nope.” Zelo and Himchan stood up, “We’ll leave you alone here. Come on guys!”
Everyone mumbled in agreement and followed suit.

“Wait!” you pouted, “What if-Ugh, okay fine!” you gave in.
They let out giggles, “See~” Himchan ruffled your hair, “Lil’ Park can’t say no to a challenge.”
“Shut up!” you growled, slapping his hand away.
“If something comes after us, I’m giving it you so we can escape.”
“Fair enough.” he nodded. “Now let’s go!”

--

After sneaking out of the house through the back door Aaron said he would send everyone directions. Everyone agreed to meet there in an hour seeing that you all were still in formal attire and needed to change for the occasion.

You bundled up since it was freezing, and climbed back into Fei’s car. Min read aloud the directions and soon enough you pulled into a small clearing where everyone was parked. Shivering you huddled next to Zelo and waited patently for Aaron and JR to show up. Yongguk looked at how you cupped your hands over your mouth, trying to heat them up with your breath.

Without saying anything he stood in front of you and grabbed both of them, stuffing them in his furry lined pockets. You pressed your lips together, unable to utter a word. Himchan smiled, hoping that his plan would work. No one really paid attention to the two of you so you slowly leaned your head on his chest. He smiled and gently pressed his lips against your forehead. The roar of an engine made you tear away from him, he frowned but continued to stay silent.

JR hopped out of the passenger seat and held the flashlight under his face, attempting to scare everyone…mainly you.
“Are you children ready to scream~” he only succeeded in making you roll your eyes.
“Shut up.” Aaron smacked the back of his head and tossed a few flash lights around before turning his on. “This way.” he began walking into the woods.

Every time a twig snapped you would jump, making Himchan and Zelo snicker.
“Shut up.” you scowled, “I swear I will outrun everyone and leave you all to your deaths.”
Yongguk smiled, he hadn’t said a word all night but he missed how you over exaggerated.
The house looked scary the way the moonlight draped over it.

You pouted as everyone suggested that they make a fire outside. You huddled with Fei as the guys gathered enough wood. JR dropped two big plastic bags near you and began digging threw them, pulling out bags of marshmallows and chocolate. Yongguk, Jay, and Himchan felt the need to impress everyone so they took off their jackets, leaving them in their wife beaters as they continued to search for wood.

Yongguk won, he had you biting your lip whenever he would come back throwing tons of branches each time, Jay did as well. The only failure would be Himchan, who complained about the cold and ran to huddle with Chaerin and Dara. Junkyung bordered the pit with stones that he had found and tossed the lighted match in, letting the fire bring everyone warmth.

You giggled seeing Zelo try to catch marshmallows in his mouth.
He sighed, “It only works with cherry tomatoes.”
Yongguk quietly shifted closer and closer to you every now and then. After about ten minutes he was on the log behind you.

“So what’s the deal with the woods? JR you said something about ghost hunting.” Jaehyo rested his elbows on his knees.
“Ah yes~” JR grinned, blowing out the fire on his marshmallow.
“Dude, not now.” Aaron sighed as he sat down next to you, making Yongguk let out a low growl.
“They’re asking for it though!” he whined, “Might as well tell them the story~”

He quickly ate the marshmallow and scooted back, sitting on top of the log so that he would be able to see everyone’s reaction.
“Not so long ago…” he began.
Throughout the whole story you cringed and whimpered quietly. He described bloody corpses and the merciless slaughtering of innocent people. How their bodies were buried within the woods and how on special nights they would come out, trying to find their killer.

“He stabbed him straight through the heart.” he continued, “He screamed and screamed but no one could hear him, and then as his body fell to the ground the killer turned around seeing the girlfriend trying to crawl away.”
You hugged your knees tighter and felt Yongguk moved down from the log and sit directly behind you, his body warmth heating your back.
“AHH!” JR jumped, digging his hand into your shoulder.
You yelped and hid your face. “You !” you mumbled.

“Aw, don’t scare her!” Bom threw a twig in his direction, which he easily dodged.
Yongguk patted your back comfortingly, as Aaron lifted JR’s legs, making him fall back off the log. Everyone laughed as he stood up and dusted off his pants.
Suddenly you all went silent hearing a twig break not too far away. You stiffened up as the guys looked at each other before sitting up slightly and looking out into the dark woods.

The safety of the house was only a few feet away, but god knows what could happen in those few seconds it would take you all to run there. You gulped feeling Yongguk get up along with Aaron. JR grabbed one of the flashlights and pointed the beam of light into the distance. Yongguk quickly lifted you up and gently sat you down in the middle of Chaerin and Min.

Another twig cracked and you jumped, pulling on Yongguk’s pant let. Your eyes pleaded him not to go out there. “Someone there?” JR called out, taking a step out. “Don’t do that!” Dara rolled her eyes, “That’s how everyone dies!”
You gulped and snuggled closer to Min as Chaerin your hair. They all stood up, cautiously looking around the perimeter.

“Where’s Zico and Kyung?” you blinked. Before anyone could answer you were dragged away a few feet from them, screaming. Whatever it was stopped and you curled up, hearing laughter, familiar laughter.
“I HATE YOU GUYS!” You peeked seeing Zico and Kyung hugging the trees from laughing so hard.
JR high fived them as Yongguk gave them strong glares. Aaron kneeled next to you and brushed your hair away, calming you down.

“You guys are terrible!” Jia clung to Mir.
“It was just so easy!” Zico wiped away his tears, “S-sorry _______.”
“Seriously!” Kyung coughed trying to control his breathing, “We’re-we’re sorry kid.”
“Come on, let’s get inside.” Aaron helped you up and handed you over to Junkyung as he stayed behind with others to stop the fire.

--

After you had enough of the teasing you walked out of the house and sat on the dock that was on the lake. The water sparkled in the moonlight as you dangled your feet over it. You missed Yongguk and it tore you apart how close he was. The pain of knowing that he was the father of a child was too much to bear.

You felt the tears coming as you imagined how when Jieun had the baby he would be around he so often that they would eventually end up back together. That’s how it always goes right? Evil, jealous gets the guy of her dreams to knock her up knowing that the current (ex) girlfriend is slowly dying from it, and they eventually end up back together for the sake of the child. That tricky .

Feeling footsteps coming up from behind you, you quickly wiped away the tears and looked up to see Yongguk. He let out a sigh as he sat down next to you.
“You’ll get sick out here.” he said, looking out to the water.
You didn’t respond, “________.” he turned to face you.
Again, nothing you just sat there quietly. “You need to stop thinking about that.”
He knew you all too well. “Do you know how much it hurts that you don’t believe me?” his voice got louder.

Without saying anything you stood up but he held you back, hugging your legs.
“________.” you got goose bumps feeling his voice vibrate up your leg.
“Please let me go Yongguk.” you whispered.
“Wait.” he stood up and held your hands. You should’ve been more careful but your sensitivity level was sky high and nothing mattered.
When you yanked your hands away you lost your balance, falling backwards.

You felt Yongguk’s finger’s brush against yours before you completely fell into the water. It was freezing cold, your body heat disappeared and you literally felt numb. Yongguk yelled out for the others to come quickly as he took off his jacket and dove in after you.

He panicked when he didn’t find you right away. Everyone ran out, seeing his jacket still on the dock and bubbles foaming at the top of the water. Jay was about to dive in as well when Yongguk came up with you in his arms, both of you gasping for air. He lifted your body up onto the dock, “Get her inside.” he panted, “S-she could get hypothermia.” he shivered.

They quickly rushed you back inside, with Dara and Fei getting you into a hot shower. “Are you okay?” The others stayed with a freezing Yongguk.
“I-I’m fi-ne.” he gulped.
“We got to get you warm.” Jay and Zico helped him inside.

--


“What happened?” Jia asked you as you dried off you hair.
“I w-wante-d to go…for a s-wim.” you joked, continuing to shiver.
“________.” they narrowed their eyes at you, “You scared us.”
“I k-know, I’m…sorry. It was m-my fault.” your teeth chattered.

You were left alone when you mentioned having to pee. The water was really cold and the hot shower did help but you still felt coldness in your bones. As you walked out of the bathroom you heard Aaron’s voice.
“How’re you doing?” he hugged you tightly, trying to help you get warm.
“I’m…fine. Just need to warm up.” you smiled.

“Uhm, everyone’s staying here for the night. I’ll show you to your room.” he helped you into the bed and tucked you in tightly and checked the fireplace.
“T-thank you.” you snuggled into the warm fluffy covers.
He smiled, “No problem. Get some sleep, I’ll see you in the morning.”
Almost right after that you closed your eyes, but they opened again feeling him kiss your forehead. When you looked up he had already shut the door.

Aaron met Yongguk as he exited your room.
“Hey, how you feeling?” he asked him.
“I’m good, I’m good.” Yongguk coughed, “Uhm, thanks for letting us crash here. We can all be hand full.”
“No, it’s cool, it’s cool. Ren left us the key for when we wanted to use the house, you should probably thank him.”
Yongguk nodded, “I will. Is uh, she awake?”

“Just tucked her in, not sure.” he moved away from the door, taking a few steps down the hall.
“Thank you for watching her.” Yongguk looked at the doorknob.
“Yeah, it’s no problem.” Aaron looked at him.

Before Yongguk could tell him goodnight Aaron said something that tensed him up. “You know, the minute she says that whatever happened between you two is over, I might just swoop in.” he admitted. “That is unless JR doesn’t steal her away from the both of us.”
Yongguk whipped his head in his direction, “Don’t hold your breath.” he glared down at him before walking into your room, shutting the door quietly.