Fifteen

Bring It

I woke up from Jay jumping on my bed.
“GO AWAY!” I yelled, bringing up my blanket over my head.
“Wake up~ Wake up ______-ah!” he continued hopping.
“Ughhh.” I covered my head with my pillow. “Why are you so annoying?!”
“Oh come on!” he stopped and kneeled next to me. “Let’s go play!”
I uncovered my face and raised my brow, “Play?”
He nodded, “The guys and I want to play basketball. Come with us!”

I groaned, “Let me sleep!”
“Don’t be like that ______! Come on! You didn’t get to meet Block B last night.”
“Who?” I yawned.
“Zico’s crew, that’s their name. Block B.”
I sighed, “Okay, fine. I’ll go.”
He grinned, “Yay~! Be ready in fifteen minutes!” he hopped off my bed and ran into the hallway.

--

I grabbed a pair of black shorts and a royal blue tank top. I brushed my hair and put it into a low side bun and pulled on a black and white snapback.
“OPPA!” I shouted as I brushed my teeth. “Are you almost ready?!”
I got no response, I swear if he went back to sleep. As I rinsed my mouth out I heard the car honk outside. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a sling bag throwing in all my necessities.
“WOW! Way to jock my swag.” I looked over and unfortunately it was true. We had the same color scheme going.
I shrugged, “Great minds think alike.”
He chuckled and reversed the car, heading towards the park.

--

As you pulled up, you saw guys already playing. Donggab was blasting music from his car, talking with Rado.
You yawned as you got out, snatching the ball from Jay.
“Hey kid.” Donggab lightly punched your shoulder.
“Hey oppa.” you leaned against his car and smiled at Rado.
“Give me the ball!” Jay whined.
You giggled and ran off into the court.

“_______!” you were greeted by Zico and Junkyung.
“Hi!” you beamed, dribbling the ball.
“Hey guys!” Zico called out to the others, “Come here.”
The six guys playing stopped and ran over. “Guys this is _______.” said Junkyung.
You bowed, “Oh she’s so cute!”, one boy came up and squatted down to your level to pinch your cheeks. You frowned and rubbed your face.
They chuckled, “You saw her last night, she isn’t always nice.” warned Junkyung.
You nodded as a matter of factly, “Alright, well this is Taeil hyung, Jaehyo hyung, P.O., Yukwon, Minhyuk hyung, and Kyung.”
They all greeted you in their own way and we all turned as we heard the screech of brakes.

“Oh Beenzino’s here.” said Junkyung another boy jogged up to you.
“Hi hyung!” they all greeted, while you stood there awkwardly.
“_______, this is Beenzino.” said Junkyung.
“Oh, you’re Jaebeom’s cousin.” he stuck out his hand, you shook it.
“How’d your date go with Yongguk?” asked Jaehyo.
Your eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, “You told them?!” you looked at Zico and Junkyung.
They all glared at Jaehyo who had shrunk back, “Just askin‘.” he muttered.
You sighed, “Okay so, who doesn’t know?” you asked.
“Jaebeom.” answered Beenzino.

You looked at him bewildered, “How do you know?!”
He shrugged, “Donggab tells me everything.”
“This isn’t much of a secret anymore.” you rubbed the back of your neck.
“We won’t say anything.” assured Taeil with a smile.
Before you could thank them Jay came over and snatched the ball.
“Come on! Let’s play!” he aimed for the hoop, only to miss.
We all laughed, “Nice shot Park!” chuckled Beenzino as he grabbed it, aimed and made it.
Jay smacked his lips, “Man whatever, come on team up.”

Junkyung and you quickly ran to each other and he grabbed Taeil.
Each team had six, and Rado volunteered as referee. Zico was captain of your team which consisted of: Junkyung, Taeil, Minhyuk, and Donggab. Jay was captain of the other team: Jaehyo, Yukwon, Kyung, P.O., and Beenzino. A few rounds were played before more people showed up, people meaning girls. The size of each team trickled down to four, with no referee.

You stepped out and grabbed your bag from the car, taking a spot in the shade. A pen was in your hand and your notebook in your lap. The beat poured from your headphones as you tried to think of new lyrics, but it just wasn’t happening. You frowned, usually you had the most inspiration right about now. With out thinking you changed the beat, it was slow and smooth, like for a love song.

You still couldn’t write anything down though, you just stared at the blank paper. You let out a sigh, and felt something hit you leg. You looked and saw a basketball. Your head faced the court, they still had theirs and you looked to your left, no one was there. You turned to your right to be met with a smile from Yongguk, followed by his friends. The small voice inside your head told you not to stare but you just had to, you had to admire his long muscular arms and how his black wife beater hugged his body.

His smile faded as he got closer, you turned and rolled your eyes as Jay and everyone quickly came to where you sat. “A little help.” Yongguk put his palms forward as you tossed his the ball. You frowned and stood in between Jay and Beenzino. “Can I help you?” asked Jay in an annoyed tone.
"Just came here to play.” answered Yongguk.
“Hyung?” Jay stood on his tip toes.
They parted and Simon D. came out, “Sup?”
“But-” Jay started.
“Hey, you two are the ones with the problem not us.” he looked at you.
Great, he knows too. “I just came to play.”
“Hi noona!” beamed Zelo from behind them.
You tried to hold back your laugh as you waved at him.

“I have an idea.” he continued, “Let’s make this interesting.”
Jay raised his brow, “How?”
“Break into teams.” he suggested. No one moved.
Simon let out a sigh, “No, as in mix with each other.”
“Don’t try to integrate us.” said Yongguk.
You stepped up and stood next to Simon, “I like Sam D, oppa’s idea.” you said innocently.
“I think it’s a good idea too.” Zelo and Beenzino sad in unison.
“Well then let’s go!” smiled Simon as you both led the way.

“Who told you?” you whispered to him.
“Zico.” he chuckled. You rolled your eyes as you got to the center of the court.
“Okay, the two douches who don’t want to be on the same team are captains.” he said. You held back a laugh as Yongguk and Jay hung their heads. “Yes hyung.” they muttered.
“Rock paper scissors to see who picks first.” you said.
Jay got first pick, as he was about to choose Simon reminded him to mix as evenly as possible.
He sighed, “Zelo?” Zelo went over behind him.
Yongguk looked over and struggled to see who he would pick, “Beenzino.”
You were tying your hair again and placed you cap back on when you heard Yongguk say your name. Without looking up you walked over and stood behind the other players he chose.

--

“First team to get 50?” asked Rado, holding the ball. You all nodded as Jay and Yongguk stepped forward for the ball toss. “This height difference just isn’t fair.” muttered Beenzino. You and Taeil giggled in agreement, making everyone look in your direction. “Sorry.” you bowed your head. The ball was tossed and Jay jumped up, bringing to his side of the court.

After an hour and a half it was 49 to 49. Most of you dragged yourselves as the game continued. “Can we just call it a tie?” whined Maslo.
“No.” Yongguk and Jay both said. You panted and looked up as you heard thunder rumbling. A time out was called and you grabbed you bag and threw it back into the car, while grabbing a bottle of water. As you walked back you saw Jay’s team strategizing. You walked up and stood next to Yongguk and Beenzino who were talking about their next move.
“I’m sorry I elbowed you fam.” Beenzino looked at you apologetically.
You shook you head, “I’m fine.” you said, taking another gulp. Yongguk smiled at you, “What’s the next move captain?” you asked putting your hand on his shoulder.

Before he could answer a clap of thunder was made you jump and the rain poured down. Everyone scattered, but you couldn’t see. The sky was a dark grey and the rain was coming down fast and hard. You squinted trying to find Jay’s car but you were pulled in the opposite direction. “Hurry up _______.” you heard Yongguk’s voice.
You ran with him until he slowed down, coming near the elementary school. He pulled you closer, to make sure you were under the safety of the ceiling.
“Are you okay?” he asked. You nodded and shivered, this wind picked up making you cold. “Here.” he opened his bag and pulled out a black hoodie. “I don’t want you to get sick.” You gratefully took it. He grabbed his phone and dialed Zelo’s number. While he waited for him to answer you zipped the jacket all the way up, taking in the scent that he had left behind. With out thinking you brought up the sleeves and inhaled deeply.

“Did you just smell my jacket?” he asked, still on the phone.
“Uh…” you blushed, “No?”
He chuckled, “Okay yeah, I’m sorry. It smells good.” you lowered your hands and leaned against the wall.
“Zelo.” he said looking around, “No, I’m with her. Bring the car around, near the little kid playground. Tell Jay she’s over here.” he hung up and threw the phone back in his backpack.
A clap of thunder made you jump, he saw and quickly hugged you.
“It’s okay.” he cooed, your heart raced from the close contact. “It’s okay alright?”
You nodded you head and breathed deeply, closing your eyes. You felt him kiss your forehead as he swayed your bodies back and forth. A smile creeped on your face as you blushed.

“Are you afraid of thunder?” he asked.
You shook your head, “Just took me by surprise, that’s all.”
“I’m not helping anything, I’m soaked too.” he tried to pull away.
“No!” you squeaked.
He chuckled, “Okay.” he continued to hug you.
He let go and you frowned, “I think your cousin’s here.” he said.
You turned and saw headlights as the car approached the light post you saw Jay’s face in the driver’s side. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” you heard him say.
You nodded and quickly ran to the car as he pulled up.

“Is that his?” asked Jay, pointing at the jacket.
“Yes…” you answered looking down.
He sighed, “That better be back in his hands tomorrow. As a matter of fact, give it to me in the morning, I’ll give it back.”
You frowned, “Okay.” you twiddled your thumbs.
“You got to admit, we did have fun today.” you said, trying to lighten the mood.
“I still don’t like him.” he responded.
You frowned, “You know-”
“Ending this conversation.” he said.

--

It was drizzling a little the next morning, but no where near as bad as the day before. You and Jay quickly headed to school. As you got out he stopped you.
“Give me his jacket.” he said.
You sighed and ped your backpack, “Here.” you handed it to him.
“Go to class.” he took it and walked in the other direction.
You pulled out your phone and texted Yongguk, telling him Jay would be looking for him. As you about to push send you bumped into someone.
“Oh, I’m sorry!” you looked up to see him.
You chuckled, “Just about to text you.” you pocketed your phone again.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“Jay took your jacket.” you frowned, “He said he was going to give it back to you.”
“Oh.” he shrugged, “That’s okay. I was just gonna tell you to give it back whenever, it looks better on you anyways.” he smiled.
You smiled shyly, “Thanks.”
“I came to tell you that we won’t be on the roof today. Obviously.” he chuckled, looking at the rain.
“Oh.” you frowned, lowering your head.
“Instead~” he lifted your chin up. “Go to the hallway behind the gym.”
You smiled, “How many hideouts do you have?”
“I lost count.” he chuckled. “So I’ll see you at lunch?”
You nodded happily as the bell rang and you both parted ways.


--

“Yongguk.” Jay spotted him before going into his next class. He turned and faced the short boy, “Yes?”
Jay tossed the jacket at him, “I told you to stay away from her.”
Yongguk chuckled, “You act as if I knew you guys would be there yesterday.”
“I don’t know if you did or didn’t, just stay away from her.” he warned, turning his back.
“How long are you going to hold this grudge against me?” he asked, Jay stopped.
He inhaled and ignored his remark, continuing to walk.

Himchan walked pass Jay and up to Yongguk, “What happened?”
Yongguk shook his head, “Nothing.”
He shrugged it off as they walked into class.
“Oh, I’m going to go get food for today. Anything specific?” he asked.
Yongguk shook his head, “Nah, I’m good with anything.”
“You okay hyung? You seem down, is it the weather?”
He shrugged, “Must be.” he said looking out the window.

“ATTENTION CLASS! We have a new student.” Yongguk ignored his teacher, continuing to stare outside, watching the rain droplets collect on the window.
“Annyeonhaseyo, Song Jieun inmida.”
His eyes widened as he heard her name. “Did I just hear-”
“Please take a seat in front of Himchan.”
“Oh God no.” Yongguk finally looked forward seeing her walk in their direction.
“Hi oppa!” she beamed at them.
Yongguk looked at Himchan, “Kill me.”