One.

Bring It

“I’m still fly, I’m sky high and I dare anybody to try and burn my wings.”

“Ughh.” I reached out for my phone.
“Hello?” I asked sleepily.
“Park _______!”
I sat straight up, wide eyed. “U-umma…Hi.” I said nervously.
“I’ve been waiting for an hour. Did you forget to pick me up?”
I looked at the clock, . “I’m on my way!” I hung up and got up, my legs getting tangled in the blanket. I hit the ground with a loud thud.
“That’s going to hurt later.” I mumbled quickly getting dressed.

--

“Well it’s about time.” said my mother as I pulled up.
“I‘m sorry.” I sighed, “I overslept.” I grabbed her luggage and tossed it in the trunk.
“You dyed your hair again?!” she inspected some of the strands.
“Just the underside.” I pouted.
She sighed, “Red suits you, nice choice.” she smiled at me.
I returned it and kissed her cheek.

“I hope you’re packed.” she said as she got into the car.
I rolled my eyes, “I am.”
“Look honey, I know that I’m hard on you sometimes and I’m sorry for that. It’s just with this business everything is so stressful. You understand why we’re sending to you to Auntie Rin’s right?”
“Yes, you guys don’t like leaving me alone whenever you need to take a trip. And you can’t take me with you especially when they’re during the school year so you would rather move me to the other side of the world where Auntie Rin can keep an eye on me.”

She frowned, “You make it sound so bad. It’s not like the world is ending sweetheart. Besides you’ll get to see Jaebeom! He is your favorite cousin and you haven’t seen each other in years.”
I puffed the air out of my cheeks as I stopped at a red light. “Okay. I know you’re only doing this for my own good. It’s not like I’m leaving behind tons of friends or anything.” Yeah, private school it was hard to find someone down to earth. Everyone there was well off and they liked to show it.
“You’ll see. By the time appa and I find some time you won‘t want to come home!”
I chuckled, “Okay, we’ll see about that.”

--

My pen scribbled on my notebook quickly as the beat played in my room. The music scene better be hot in Seoul. I stayed up until four in the morning editing and revising my past verses. Verses that had never been and probably wouldn’t be recorded. I never did get the chance to talk to my parents about life after high school. I think they assumed that I would want to be in business with them. I didn’t, if anything I wanted to make these verses be heard.

I would have to leave in a few hours to the airport. As I was finishing the last line my pen ran out of ink. I frowned and grabbed another before I lost the words. A smile appeared on my face as I looked at the final masterpiece that was before me. My alarm went off, making me cringe.
Looks like I should get a move on…

I packed my notebook into my backpack and got washed up quickly. As I walked out of the bathroom I grabbed my luggage and moved it downstairs. Grabbing the mug of coffee I had made to wake up my mom I quietly tip toed into her room.

“Umma~” I sang soothingly. “Umma, wake up.”
“Hm?” she sat up.
“You got some time before you need to drop me off.” I smiled and handed her the mug.
She chuckled, “Thank you baby.” she took it and patted the edge of the bed, telling me to sit.
I did and laid my head in her lap. “Okay, I don’t think you should go now. This coffee is amazing.”
I giggled, “You just want to keep me here for my awesome coffee skills?!”
She poked my side, “Just kidding~ Come on, I have to get ready.”
We both got up and continued the morning routine.

--

“You already talked to Aunie Rin right?” she asked.
“For the fifth time, yes.” I chuckled, “She said she would meet me there.”
“Okay, just making sure!” she curled my hair behind my ear.
“Tell appa I love him okay?” I said, “I’ll call you guys when I get there.”
She nodded and kissed my forehead, “Be careful, and listen to your aunt. I don’t want you getting in trouble.”
“I won’t, when have I ever gotten in trouble?” I frowned playfully.
She ruffled my hair, “Yah, be safe okay? I’ll see you soon.”