Nineteen

Bring It

Jay stood in between Jieun’s legs as she sat on one of the desks. The way she kissed him reminded him of the days before Yongguk came around, before everything happened and it made him feel loved, wanted. As much as he missed that feeling he had to stop, he forced himself away from her.
“I-I can’t Jieun. This was a mistake.” he said, taking her hands off his neck.
“No oppa, don’t say that.” she pulled him back by his collar.
He stared at her for a second, the girl that he had shared everything with wanted him, but he couldn’t trust her.
He shook his head, “No Jieun.” he removed her hand. “This isn’t right.”

She looked down, “I still love you oppa.”
He scoffed, “Then I wonder why you‘re always all over Yongguk.”
Her face darkened, “Fine, don’t believe me!” she spat. She got off the table and stormed off.
Jay leaned on Ms. Han’s desk and sighed, touching his lips. He shook the thought out of his head, she’s just lying.
He went back and ordered the books.
--

Jieun slammed the door to her house and stomped upstairs. She slammed the door to her bedroom, ignoring her maids and screamed from frustration. All she needed was for Jay to like her again, she didn’t want to admit that she got a little soft around him but she just needed the attention. That’s all she really liked, not him just the attention that he would give her, she always came first to him and Yongguk.

She heard her door open, “I said I don’t want to be bothered!”
“Way to notice your brother.”
Jieun sat up, “Jonghyun!” she got up and ran into his arms.
“Now, who messed with my baby sister?” he asked.
“It’s nothing.” she mumbled.
“Fine, don’t tell me. The real question is, why am I here?” he raised an eyebrow.
“It’s about Yongguk and Jay…” she turned her back to him.
“What did they do?” Jonghyun’s voice grew with anger.

Jieun smiled, she hadn’t ever told Jonghyun the whole truth. He thinks they fought over her, well that part was true. He didn’t know that she lied to both of them and after being exposed ran to him in Busan.
“I need you to handle a girl for me.” she said.
He raised an eyebrow, “I though this had to do with-”
“She’s an annoying obstacle that needs to go away.” she interrupted.
“Who exactly are you trying to win over here?” he asked.
She shrugged, “Which ever one falls first.”

--

“Tell me, tell me, t-t-tell me~” I paraded around the house in my pjs, helping my aunt cook dinner.
She chuckled at my behavior, “How’s school?” she asked.
The first thing that popped into my head was Yongguk and I smiled.
“It’s okay.” I shrugged.
“Hm, what’s with that smile?” she poked my side with the wooden spoon.
“Auntie!” I squealed. “It’s nothing.” I said, hiding my pink face.

“Oh come on! Tell me, tell me, t-t-tell me!” she mimicked.
I laughed, “You could be the next Wonder Girl.” I nodded.
“I think she’d be on the spotlight too much, the others would get jealous.” Jay walked in with a smile.
“Hey princess.” I greeted.
“Ha ha.” he said sarcastically, shoving my head lightly.
I flicked water at him, “Umma!” he whined.
She lightly slapped his arm with the spatula, “Leave your cousin alone.” she said.
He gaped, “You’ve turned my own mother against me!” he accused.

“Mission success.” I joked, drying my hands.
“Jaebeom~” said Auntie Rin.
He cringed lightly, already knowing that tone. “Yes umma?”
“I got a call from Ms. Han today.” she said, continuing to stir the stew she was making.
“I’m sorry.” he said, “I know she can be a bother.”
“Not funny.” she raised a brow, “Don’t give her a reason to call me again.”
He threw us a quick smile before walking out, “Yes m’am.”

--

“How was detention?” you asked as Jay drove you both to school.
His finger twitched slightly, “It was,” he coughed, “It was okay.”
“You alright?” you gave him a weird look.
“Yeah, I’m good.” he couldn’t face you.
You furrowed your brows but just shrugged it off. Jay felt bad, you hated Jieun and he knew it, he hated her too he just forgot about it for that half hour.

“Oppa?” you looked at him.
“What’s up?” he continued looking at the road.
“You just passed up the school.”
He blinked and looked in the rear view mirror, “Damn it.”
She had already infected his mind. He did a swift u-turn and parked, taking a deep breath.
“Are you sure you’re okay?”, you gave him a worried look.
He finally looked at you and flashed you a smile, “Yeah, I’m fine.”
“Okay.”, you grabbed your backpack. “I’ll see you after school.”
He nodded and waited until you got out to let out another sigh.
“Keep it together Jay, you can’t let her win, can’t let her win.” he leaned his head on the steering wheel, pressing the car horn with every word.
“Can’t. Let. Her. Win.” As he got out students stared at him. “What?” he asked. They looked in another direction, going about their business. “I thought so.” he fixed his collar and made his way into the school.

He met up with Junkyung and Zico before heading to class.
“What’d you need to tell me?” asked Junkyung.
Jay sighed, “Yesterday, detention…Jieun.” he looked down.
“What?” he asked.
“While he was in detention yesterday Jieun kissed him.” said Zico.
Jay looked at him, “How did-”
“It’s written all over your face hyung.” he said.

“Did you kiss her back?” asked Junkyung.
Jay scratched the back of his neck, “Well-”
“Great.” sighed Junkyung, rolling his eyes.
“You don’t understand.” said Jay defensively.
“Then help us understand.” said Zico.
Jay looked around, “Not here.” he said shyly.
Junkyung rolled his eyes again, “. We’re having a guys day on tomorrow.”
“Can I bring ______?” he asked.

“Guys day, hyung. GUYS.” emphasized Zico.
“Besides if you tell her about this she’ll probably kill her.”
“But she’s my favorite cousin.” he pointed out.
“She’s my favorite dongsaeng, but we’re being ist now. No girls allowed.” Junkyung grabbed his books, as did Zico.
“I thought I was your favorite dongsaeng.” said Zico as they walked away.

--

Min and I giggled as we walked to math class.
“Lee Minyoung.” Min and I stopped walking. We turned, seeing a dark haired boy leaning against the lockers.
“Oh great, you came back too.” she grimaced.
“Come on baby, don’t act like you didn’t miss me.” he walked over, reaching to touch her hair. She slapped his hand away, he pouted, “So violent.”
He turned his attention over to me, “Mm, and who might you be?” he looked me up and down.

I scoffed lightly, “None of your business.” said Min.
He smirked and bit his lip.
“He’s worse than Zelo.” I said.
“Wayyy worse.” said Min, “Come on.” she put a hand on my shoulder.
“I never got a name.” he said, making us stop again.
“I’m pretty sure you already know it.” said Min.
I looked at him, “Well she doesn’t know mine.” he came closer.

“You hardly let her talk.” he frowned, looking at me again.
“I’m Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun.” he smirked. “Remember that, you’ll be screaming it soon.”
I rolled my eyes, “Doubt it.” I smiled.
He chuckled, “We’ll see about that.”
The bell rang, Min and I turned our backs and quickly walked to class.


“So.” Jieun walked up to Jonghyun.
“Oh yeah.” he said, continuing to look at you, “I will definitely handle that.”
He bit down on his finger, she grimaced and pushed him. “She isn’t even pretty!”
“Psh, baby sister you have no idea what scale degree that piece of is.” he fanned himself with his hand, “Hot piece of .” he bit his lip.
“Gross, I’m going to class.” she pushed him.

--

“Jonghyun’s here?” Yongguk got angry as he heard the story from you and Min. His arms tightened around your waist, you frowned and held his hand, feeling his grip loosen a little.
“He’s already harassed her too.” sighed Min. “You guys have to be careful.”
He nodded, resting his chin on your head, “If he finds out about you two, he’ll tell Jieun and then everyone will know.”
You let out a little sigh, making him lace his hand with yours, “Challenged accepted.” he said.

When Min went back to the courtyard for lunch Yongguk continued to hold on to you, until he felt your stomach churn from hunger. Lunch was quiet today, something completely out of the ordinary. Everytime you glanced at Yongguk he would always be deep in thought, making you worried. Zelo and Himchan left earlier than usual, wanting to give both of you time to yourselves.

Yongguk sighed as you hugged him from behind. He chuckled as you tried to tickle him, “Not ticklish babe.” he said turning around.
You pouted, “You told me you were.” your hands went a little more up his sides until he jerked away from you, smiling.
“I knew it!” you beamed.
He chuckled, “Don’t!” he warned, before you could attack him again he grabbed you by your sides and lifted you off the ground.
“Put me down!” you giggled.
He set you down on the table and held both of your hands, preventing you from trying to tickle him again.
“So, they’re half siblings?” you asked, swinging your hands from side to side.
He nodded, “And Jonghyun is a bigger than Zelo.”

“Jay doesn’t like him either, so I’m not worried about him getting to you.” He let go of your hands and wrapped his arms around your waist.
“I’m just worried that if I see him near you, I’ll break this whole illusion we have everyone believing.” he sighed.
“Let’s not think about that then.” you smiled brightly. “We get to be together all day tomorrow! Or until you get annoyed of me.”
He chuckled, leaning his forehead on yours, “I don’t think that will ever happen.”

His eyes moved down to your lips, yes please please! You thought, just as he started to lean in the bell rang.
He chuckled seeing you pout, “So I guess your worst enemy is the school bell?”
“Mortal enemy.” you muttered hopping of the table.
“I’ll see you later, be careful baby.” he kissed your forehead again before sending you back downstairs.

--

The day went by rather quickly, something I was thankful for. Zico told us that Jay would be busy with them tomorrow so it would be safe to be around Yongguk. I didn’t see Jonghyun the rest of the day, thank you Buddha! He seriously creeped me out. The last class of the day I just completely drowned out the teacher, I started listening to some music Jay had given me. Luckily I sat in the back so she didn’t notice, and hardly ever calls on me.

As the bell rang I quickly headed to my locker, but didn’t even make it out the door. An arm shot out, blocking my way. I rolled my eyes seeing Jonghyun appear. “Hey there princess.” he smirked.
“Gross.” I sighed and looked around, should’ve gone through the other door.
“Why are you so harsh?” he frowned, taking a step towards me.
I backed up, hitting a desk. “Don’t you even try.” I looked up at him.
He smirked, before he could lean in someone yanked him back.

“Not today bro.” Junkyung held him by the collar and dragged him out.
Jay walked by and furrowed his brows, “Oh great, you’re back.” he looked at Jonghyun.
“That cousin of yours is fine Jay.” he said, looking back at me.
Jay got in his face immediately, “You stay the away from her. Do you understand me? I am not afraid to-”
“Gentlemen.” Principal Choi came up, “Is there a problem?”
Junkyung let go of Jonghyun’s collar immediately, “No sir, no problem at all.”
Jay nodded in agreement, flashing him a smile.
He raised an eyebrow before walking away with a nod.

I walked closer to the doorway and looked at Jay.
He tightened his jaw and looked at Jonghyun, who had an amused expression.
“Stay away from her.” was the last thing he said before we all walked away.

--


I quickly stuffed my books in my bag and closed the locker. Yongguk and I said not to meet today, we would be able to see each other tomorrow anyways. As I turned I almost ran into someone. “Oh my ba-” I stopped, seeing Yongguk and quickly changed my attitude, “Watch where you’re going Bang!” I said angrily.
Jay didn’t even hear what was happening, but other people looked on.
“Grow a few inches Park.” he threw back before brushing past me. I felt his hand slip into my blazer pocket. He threw me smirk before turning a corner.

“I’m ready.” I smiled at Jay.
He turned, “Good. Come on.”
As I got into the car I quickly read the small slip of paper.
See you tomorrow beautiful<3
I smiled widely and put it back before Jay opened the driver door.