Forty Six

Bring It

You couldn’t celebrate with others. It pained your heart seeing Yongguk and the rest of Soul Connection sad. It was ten and you had a good hour until the final round actually started. If it wasn’t for Jay and it being his act then you would’ve given the slot to Soul Connection, it meant way more to them.

Out in the venue Teddy talked in a hushed voice to Jay.
“Dude, I’m just saying. They mention Soul Connection so much. I don’t…I don’t get it.”
Jay frowned, “I didn’t see the scores but from the way it sounded MBLAQ was not their top priority.” Teddy said, “Maybe that’s just me though.”

Jay shook his head, “No, no. I heard them perform hyung, I get what you’re saying.”
“I’m going to see Fei, see you for the final round.” Teddy patted his shoulder and walked off in a different direction.
Jay leaned against the wall and sighed.

He heard a door open and out walked one of the judges. Immediately he bowed.
“AH, Jaebeom am I right?” he asked, shaking his hand.
“Yes sir.” Jay smiled.
“Oh, the President enjoyed your performance.” he nodded, “Very well executed.”
“Thank you sir.”

As he started to walk away Jay stopped him, “Uhm, sir…if you don’t want me asking…how far was Soul Connection from the top three?”
He raised his brows, “They did very well but…we do not choose the finalists, the CEOs do.”
Jay furrowed his brows, “So…”

“There’s a reason Block B and Soul Connection didn’t make it son.”

Jay was still confused. ‘Our CEOs, they are well trained in advertisement. Demographics show that people will respond to certain images and sadly those two didn’t meet them.”
It clicked, they liked their talent but not their appearance.
“They weren’t what they were looking for but MBLAQ, Big Bang, and you.” he nodded.

“You aren’t exactly what we were looking for. But, more people responded to your-”
“So it was based off looks?” Jay chuckled bitterly.
“You shouldn’t feel that way, you made it.” he smiled.
“Did you even listen to them?” Jay shook his head, “They have tons more experience than I do. They have amazing stage presence and-”
“Look I understand, they’re your friends but, again, we’re just representatives. All we do it report what we see to the CEO.”

Without another word Jay stormed off. On the way backstage he ran into Min and Junkyung.
“Oppa!” Her smile disappeared quickly, “What’s wrong?”
He looked at Junkyung, “We aren’t performing anymore.”
“What?” they both asked.
“I’m giving our slot to SC.” he answered, continuing on his way.


--


“Oppa.” you touched Jay’s shoulder, “Are you okay?”
You were supposed to be on deck, waiting to perform but Jay shook his head, telling you to find Yongguk and the rest of Soul Connection.
“Just go get them ________, hurry.”

Frowning you peeked through the door, trying to spot them in the sea of people.
“_______!” Aaron smiled brightly.
“Hey!” you returned it before worriedly looking around again.
“Is everything okay?” he asked.
You stood on your tip toes, “Jay oppa wanted me to get Soul Connection, I don’t know why but I have to hurry.”

He glanced around and pointed to the far left side. Instantly you spotted Yongguk’s blonde hair. Trying to wave him over was impossible and before you could whine about it you saw Aaron weave through the people and reach him.

“What do you want?” Yongguk asked him.
“Okay, I first I just want to apologize.” Aaron began, “I should’ve have tried to get in between you and ________. I get it, you two love each other, don’t worry I’m not going to try anything.” he assured.
Yongguk finally looked up at him, “Secondly, she’s looking for you and wants you guys there too.”

They all looked at each other, quickly heading backstage.
“What’s wrong ______?” Yongguk asked.
You shrugged, “Jay oppa wants to see you guys.”
Still confused, they followed you to where Jay stood, mic in hand.
“Are you okay hyung?” Yongguk asked.

Jay shook his head, “I don’t deserve to be up there.”
Yongguk raised a brow, “What are you saying?”
They jumped hearing that MBLAQ finished performing.
“You guys deserve this, you’ve worked so hard and-” he went over to CSP and placed the mic in his hand.
CSP blinked, “I don’t know what to say.”
“Just go out there, show ‘em that they made a mistake.”

You smiled, “Jay Park.”, they called out, “Jay Park?”
Changjo, Dongwoo, and Jongup gave them a fist pump, agreeing with Jay’s words.
“Jay Park?!” They called again.
Junkyung ran over to the annonucer, “There’s been a change in the line up.”

 

 

 

 


Sobs.
You guys are amazing<3
200+ subs?! I can't thank you enough, really.
And your comments are beyond sweet! ;___;
THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING<<33333