Thirty Three

Bring It

“I’m pregnant.”

She said it loud enough that it echoed in the club. Everyone looked in Yongguk’s direction, he shook his head, “No, we didn’t do anything Jieun.”
“Can you please stop saying that.” she sighed, “I’m pregnant, it’s yours, end of story.”
You covered your mouth, “________!” Junkyung quickly ran over to you.
“Are you okay?” he asked.
You put your arm around his shoulder and shook your head, “I’m think I’m gonna be sick.”

Yongguk took a step towards you, “_______.”
“No.” you cried, “Don’t…I have to go.” you ran out of the club, not even bothering to wait for Jay to take you home. You ran, past lights, clubs, you ran until you were out of breath.

Your phone rang non stop. Calls from Min, Jay, Yongguk, Zelo, everyone called you. A small playground caught your attention. The sound of the swing creaking covered up your cries. After an hour you finally called Jay to pick you up, even though you have no clue where you were at. He some how found you, and snuck you back inside your house.

“I’m not going to school tomorrow oppa.” you sniffed.
He nodded, “I understand. Just rest ‘kay? I’ll tell Min, Junkyung, and Zico to get your assignments.” he tucked you in and kissed your forehead.
“Everything’s going to be okay ________, everything’s going to be okay.” he your hair.

--

“You’re lying.” Yongguk glared at Jieun.
“Why would I lie about this?” she cocked her head to the side.
“Because you can’t stand the fact that Jay and I have moved on. That we love other people, that we aren’t fighting over you anymore. God damn it Jieun you aren’t happy unless everyone around you is miserable!” he kicked the tire of his car.

Zelo grabbed his shoulder, “Hyung.”
“No Zelo.” he shrugged him off, “I want proof.” he looked at Jieun.
“Fine.” she crossed her arms, “I’ll give you proof.” she dug into her purse and pulled out a white and purple pregnancy test.

“Anyone could have peed on this.” Yongguk threw it back at her.
“Ew.” Himchan said quietly.
“They pee on those?” Junkyung asked him.
“Guys.” Donggab looked at them, “Not the time.”
Jieun huffed, “Fine, I have a doctors appointment this coming up Tuesday.”
“I’ll be there.” he opened the door to his car and got in.

After dropping of Zelo, Yongguk drove around for hours. He couldn’t grasp the idea of having a baby with Jieun. In his heart he knew that if she was pregnant then it wasn’t his. It didn’t matter that he didn’t remember what happened that night, he knew that he didn’t sleep with her. The only thing he needed was solid proof, it wasn’t for him but for you. So you could finally forgive him, so that all this could be put behind you.

--

The next morning you woke up to a note from your parents. Something about business in Europe, they‘d be back in two weeks at the most. Bright side was that you didn’t have to explain to them why you didn’t go to school today. Once again you ignored his calls and texts, as depressed and angry as you were you couldn’t find it in your heart to block his number. He’d probably call from everyone else phone anyways.

In the afternoon Jay came by and dropped off all the work you had missed.
“Are you okay?” he asked.
You scoffed, “What do you think?”
“_______. Do you really believe her?”
“I don’t know.” you shrugged, “I don’t know anything right now Jay.” you brushed your hair back, “C-Can we please just not talk about that?”
He got up and headed to the door, “It doesn’t matter if we talk about it or not _______. The situation is still there and it’s not going to go away unless you magically loose feelings for Yongguk overnight.”
You didn’t respond as he left.

All weekend you stayed in. Never once answering the phone unless it was your parents. You did all your work so that Monday you would be caught up. Your sensitivity was through the roof, every little thing made you sad or angry. It also did not help that the only thing that was on TV was sappy love dramas and movies. Nothing could make you feel better. Not even when Min stopped by and brought you a pint of your favorite ice cream.
“Everything would’ve been just fine if Seungho never did that .” she muttered, giving up on trying to make you smile.
“I’ll come by later _______.” she gave you a comforting smile before leaving.

Seungho…they all blamed this on him. As much as you denied it, you had to ask him if it was true. You grabbed your phone and dialed his number.
“Seungho? It’s ________, we need to talk.”

--

“I need to know the truth.” you blinked. “And if you have any feelings for me you will tell me everything.”
Seungho sighed, “Okay. I may have put something in the bottle you guys drank from.”
“Are you kidding me?” you covered your mouth, “God…do you know what I’ve gone through this past week? It’s felt like a ing year.” you sniffed.
“In the last seven days I’ve cried more than I’ve cried in my entire life, Seungho do you know what you did?”
“I didn’t mean for all this to happen _______.” he reached out for your hand but you moved it.

He rubbed the back of his neck, “I was drunk, and…jealous.” he admitted, “She just told me that if I did it I would get you…and she’d get him.”
“She?” you cocked your head to the side.
“Jieun.” he said, “She gave me whatever it was and I listened.” he closed his eyes, “______, you have to believe when I say that I didn’t want you to get hurt.”
You wiped your tears, “Well I did.” you rolled your eyes, “Not only that but…Yongguk…Yongguk might be the father of her child.” you cried. “I was going to make up with him last night, and then that came out and-WHY?!” you covered your face.

“_______.” he wanted to hug you, but feared that you’d push him away.
“I’m really sorry, I didn’t know that she planned to do that.” he frowned.
You looked at him, he was right. Seungho didn’t know who Jieun was, what she really wanted but still, he messed up badly.
“You ed up.” you replied sadly, “I have to go.” you got up taking your bottle of water.
“Can you forgive me?” he asked.
“It’s gonna take a while.” you pressed your lips together, “A long while.”
He nodded, at least you’d think about it.
“Bye Seungho.” you walked out of the small café.

--

Monday was hell. Everywhere you turned people gave you pitiful looks. Yongguk would try to approach you but you avoided him as best you could. Even if that meant pushing right past him, pretending he didn’t exist. Jieun would get in your way constantly. If it wasn’t for that slight chance that she was pregnant you would’ve beat her into the ground.

The end of the day was when you literally broke down. When you opened your locker you found two dozen red roses. Once again as you took them out, people looked at you sadly. He knew your weakness. You met his sad gaze as you rushed to your car. The isolation that you created frustrated your friends, they couldn’t stand seeing the way you were.

Jay noticed that the only time you showed any happiness was when you guys had practice. The next round was coming up and in order to be in the top five the performance had to be solid. Even after the others had left you still stayed and practiced in the small dance room. You felt that it was the only thing you had control of at the moment.

The ending of the song was with you were most frustrated with. Making the air flare precise was what you aimed for, and you saw it as sloppy. You tried it for the nth time and you it was then you realized how tired you were. As the music faded you sat in the middle of the floor, hugging your knees.
“You shouldn’t over work yourself.”

You slowly looked up, in the mirrored wall you saw Yongguk standing behind you. “You can get hurt.” he came closer.
You stayed silent and looked down, avoiding his eyes.
“_________.” he squatted next to you. “Please say something.”
He grabbed your hand and you weakly shook him off, “Don’t touch me.” you croaked.
“You can’t believe her ________.” he breathed hard, “You just can’t! Just like you can’t be around Seungho, it’s his fault this is happening ________!”
“I ALREADY KNOW”! You yelled back. “He admitted it okay! But what you don’t know is that Jieun is the one who made him do it!”
Yongguk sat back on his legs, kneeling in front of you, “What?”
“You heard me.” you wiped your tears, “Jieun knew he liked me, she knew that he was jealous of us and she took advantage of that.”

He sighed, “Baby, please.” he hugged you, “Can we just forget about all this?”
You scooted back, ignoring the pain in your legs, “Do you know what you’re asking?”
Yongguk hit the ground angrily before standing up and going towards you.
“Just believe me! I wouldn’t lie to you, you have to know that.” he yanked you up and pushed you against the wall, trapping you.
“She’s lying _______.” he hissed, “And if she is pregnant it’s not my kid!”
“How can I believe you?”, angry tears seeped from your eyes.
His eyes softened and he cupped your cheek, leaning his forehead on yours,
“I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it, I love you.”
You didn’t protest when he kissed you, instead you kissed back and pulled him closer.

Your both gasped for air as the temperature rose. His strong arms held you up, feeling your legs shaking. Your fingers tangled in his golden locks as he moved down, placing sweet kisses down your jaw. Again you didn’t let yourself get to caught up in the moment and pushed him away quickly.
“I can’t do this.” you shook your head.
“Don’t say that _______.” he forced you to look at him, “Please-”

“JUST STOP OKAY!” you took away his hand, “I just…need to think.”
You grabbed your bag and ran out.

--

“He’s coming back?” Jieun raised her brow.
“Yeah, just got off the phone with mom. She suggests we head back to Busan.” Jonghyun stood up from the couch.
She shook her head, “Things are just getting exciting.”
“Jieun.” he rolled his eyes, “You’re not even pregnant.”
“So?” she scowled, “No one knows that but you.”

“What about tomorrow? How are you going to prove that you are to Yongguk?” he went to the bar and poured himself a drink.
“Hyosung and Zinger have their ways. They got it covered already.” she smirked.
He cringed from the taste of the alcohol, “Well, whatever you’re planning, you’re going to have to do it without me.”

“Don’t you dare leave!” she glared, “Don’t tell me you’re scared of him Jonghyun.”
“I’m not.” he said shakily, “But if he knows what we’ve been doing he won’t let us live it down. He’ll tell your dad and our mom about it. You know he will.”
“Then I’ll just have to finish this faster, don’t be a little about it.” she huffed and walked upstairs.