Thirty Six

Bring It

“TONIGHT WE CHOOSE THE TOP FIVE!”

You took another deep breath and cracked your neck. For the last half hour you had been running back and forth from the bathroom. Min was starting to get worried since Fei told her about the small incident that had happened earlier in the week. Still, you assured her there wasn’t a little person growing inside of you.

“Take it.” Min handed you the box to a pregnancy test.
You sighed and pushed it back, “Don’t need to.”
“_______.” Jia put a hand on your shoulder, “It’s just a precaution.”
She hid it under her jacket as people passed by. Pulling you into the bathroom they locked the door and faced you.

“_______. Just take it, at least put us at ease. If you are you can’t be practicing as vigorously as you do.”
You stared at the box, it wouldn’t hurt would it? Besides you needed to prove that you weren’t and they’d drop the subject for good.
“Fine.” you opened it and quickly went into the stall.

The second you walked out there was loud knocking on the bathroom door.
“________ NOONA!”, it was Jongup. “HURRY UP! WE’RE UP FIRST!”
“.” you muttered. Quickly you capped up the stick and handed it to them.
Washing your hands you told them to tell you what it said after you performed.
“Wait!” Min called out but you had already left.
“How long?” Jia asked.
“Ten minutes.” They both nervously stared at the test, as Jia set the timer.

Luckily you had stretched previously and were all set and ready to go.
“I’m here!” you smiled.
“Good.” Jay gulped nervously.
As you all walked to the right side of the stage people patted your backs while whispering ‘good luck’ and ‘fighting’.
You caught sight of Soul Connection who gave you encouraging smiles. Yongguk wanted nothing more than to run over and hug you but he stayed put.

“Jay Park on deck!”
Jongup fidgeted around as did Dongwoo. The only ones that seemed calm were you, Changjo, and Junkyung.
“_________!” you looked around, hearing someone whisper your name. Aaron poked your side and you jumped, covering your mouth.
“What are you doing?!” you quietly scolded him.
He smiled, “Good luck kid.” he ruffled your hair before running back to two blonde boys and Chaerin’s group.

Again, somehow that boy just made you blush. You shook it off and focused in on the task. It was the top five tonight, you couldn’t afford to lose. Though in the back of your mind you tried to come up for the reason that you continuously threw up today. You couldn’t blame it on the alcohol, the only thing you drank last night was what Jay had given you.

“Let’s do this.” You heard Jay say before stepping out.

--

“Have you seen Min? Jia? Fei?”
You had been searching for them since you got off stage. They weren’t in the bathroom and Teddy had told you that Fei was with them. No one knew where they had gone and it made you panic a little.

“Are you okay noona?” Zelo put his arm around you shoulders.
You sighed, “You haven’t seen them have you?”
He shook his head, “Sorry, I haven’t.” Zelo noticed how you anxiously tapped your foot, “Is everything okay noona?”
“I hope so.” you bit your lip.

After everyone finished their performance you still couldn’t find them. They didn’t answer texts or calls. “________!” Jay pulled you onto the stage.
“What’s up?” you pocketed your phone.
Before he could answer Jongup tugged on your arm, “Come on noona! Dance with us!” he beamed.

On the stage all the breakdancers were entertaining the crowd with their skills.
“Let’s show ‘em how the Parks’ get down.” Jay smiled.
You chuckled and handed your phone over to Teddy for safekeeping.

You, Jay, and Jongup did a small little dance that you had all choreographed for some fun. It wasn’t long, probably not even two minutes but it did take a lot of energy to pull it off. At the end of it you would end in a handstand as they back-flipped next to you, landing in the same pose you were.

Unfortunately Jongup was too close when he landed. His leg crashed into your shoulder, sending you backwards. With the impact of hitting a few people you cried out. The pain in your shoulder was excruciating. Someone helped you sit up as Jay came over, making sure you were okay.

“Are you hurt?” he squatted next to you.
You nodded, trying to hold in the cries, “M-my shoulder.” you whimpered.
He sighed, “We got to move her.”
As you were about to stand up, you felt someone lift you off the ground.
You looked up, seeing that Aaron was the one carrying you.

He sat you on the couch of one of the rooms, “Which shoulder?” he asked.
“Left.” you bit you lip.
Quickly he ped your jacket and carefully took it off. You flinched as he moved your left arm.
The door closed but you didn’t look up to see who had followed you in.

“Noona I’m so sorry!” you opened your eyes and saw Jongup, his eyes rounded with worry.
“It’s okay Jongup-ah, I’ll be fine.” you breathed.
Jay sighed as he sat in front of you, “It’s dislocated.”
“Well…” you gulped, “Pop it back in!”
He grimaced, “I don’t think I can _______. Jongup, go get Himchan or Yongguk.”

You laid back in the couch, your right hand clawing the sofa.
“WHAT HAPPENED?!” you heard Yongguk’s deep voice.
“I didn’t mean to!” Jongup explained.
You opened your eyes when Himchan said your name, “We’re going to need to take her to the hospital.”
“No!” You and Yongguk both said in unison.

“She doesn’t like hospitals.” he answered for you.
Himchan sighed as he touched were the joint would be, “I can’t do this.”
You rested your head back, “I know one of you can, just please…” you sniffed, “It hurts so much.”
“I’ll do it.” Yongguk took off his jacket and pulled up a chair, sitting directly in front of you.

“This is going to hurt.” he warned.
You nodded, and turned to your right, not wanting to see what it looked like.
Aaron grabbed your good hand, “It’ll be okay _______. Squeeze my hand if you need to.” he said.
You tried to smile but the pain wouldn’t let you.

Yongguk sat you up a little, and carefully grasped your arm. He sighed when you whimpered, he didn’t want to but he knew that it had to be done. Aaron scooted closer so that you were able to use his shoulder to cry into.
“Okay.” Yongguk breathed, “On the count of three…”
You took a deep breath, “One….Two.” He slammed his hand upward into you, popping it in right away.
You screamed at the feeling, letting the painful tears come out.
“You said on three!” you cried into Aaron’s shoulder.

You stayed like that a while longer before you rolled your shoulder a few times, making sure it was in place. Rado ran in with Donggab, giving you an ice pack.
As they taped it tightly to your shoulder you looked up at Yongguk.
“Th-thank you.” you sniffed.
Seeing that you were still holding on to Aaron his jealousy suddenly went down with those two words.
“Anything for you.” Was the last thing you heard him say before you passed out.

--

An hour later you woke up, the pain was numbed from the ice. As your eyes fluttered opened you felt someone playing with your hair. It took you a second to realize you were laying in someone’s lap, while your legs rested in someone else’s lap. Looking up you were met with Aaron’s bright smile.

“Uh…” you lightly chuckled as he helped you sit up. You noticed that your legs laid in Yongguk’s lap, who was fast asleep.
“He didn’t want to leave you.” Aaron explained. “He’s a good guy _______.”
“He is.” you admired his sleeping face.

“How does your shoulder feel?” Aaron moved to the chair and carefully removed the already melted ice pack.
You cringed as you felt the bones grind a little before it was fluidly able to move.
“Better.” you sighed, “Did they announce the top five?”
He shook his head, “Not yet, judges are having a tough time.”
You nodded and heard Yongguk mumble in his sleep. He shifted around and opened his eyes.

“_______.” he scooted closer, looking into your eyes.
Aaron stood up, “I’ll leave you two alone.” he smiled and closed the door quietly.
“How’s your shoulder?” he gently lifted your arm, making sure he did it right.
“It’s good, thanks to you.” you gave him a small smile.
He was about to speak when the door opened.
“Min!” you got up and she carefully hugged you.

“Are you okay?” she looked at your shoulder.
You nodded, “I’m fine. Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you guys since I got off stage.”
“We uh…” she looked over at Yongguk, “I think we should talk about this somewhere else.”
“Oh…right.” you turned back to Yongguk who had already stood up.
“I’ll talk to you later ________.” he gave you a quick smile before leaving.


“Why do I need to take another one?” you raised a brow.
“Just do it.” Fei handed you a new pregnancy test.
You gave them an odd look before going into the stall again. As you came out Jia set a timer on her phone.
“What did the first one say?” you asked drying your hands.

They stayed quiet, ignoring your question. You raised a brow as the timer went off. “What does it say?” you asked.
They sighed seeing it, “We have a problem.”
“What do you mean?” you stepped closer to them.
“The first one…read negative.” Jia explained.
“So we bought another one…and this one says positive.”

You froze, “But-but, I can’t be…I-I.” you suddenly felt like you couldn’t breathe.
Fei grabbed you before you fell, “It’s okay ______, we aren’t sure. It’s fifty-fifty right now.”
“But…w-what if I am?” you now acknowledged the possibility. “Yongguk…he…Jieun and I? Both? What the .” your breaths got shorter.
A knock at the door made you jump.
“_______?” Jay called out, “They’re going to announce, hurry up!”

Shaking you steadied yourself, “Calm down _______.” Jia rubbed your shoulders.
“Everything is going to be okay.” they led you out and stood you behind Jay.
You nervously chewed on your lower lip. I could be pregnant, you thought. Nonchalantly you placed a hand on your stomach, with Yongguk’s baby.
“THE TOP FIVE ARE~”

Tablo’s voice brought you back to reality and you looked up, waiting to hear who made it.

“MBLAQ.”
“BIG BANG.”
"
BLOCK B.”
“SOUL CONNECTION.”
“and~….. JAY PARK!”

Still in a daze you followed Jay and the others to the front. Trying to put on a smile you backed away whenever they tried lifting you up.
“CONGRATULATIONS! THESE ARE THE FIVE THAT WILL BE COMPETING IN HONGDAE IN FEBRUARY!”

As they continued celebrating you were able to sneak away and lock yourself in the bathroom. Both tests still laid on the sink, beckoning you to look at them.
They were right, one was negative and the other positive.
“_________!” you heard your name being called outside.
With shaking hands you hid them both in your jacket pocket before putting on a smile to show off to the rest of the world.

--

“KIM JONGHYUN!” Jieun stomped her foot.
“You can and moan all you want.” he grabbed his suitcase.
“I didn’t even want to come in the first place! what I promised mom, you are in this by yourself and I am going back to Daejeon.”
“You can’t!” she followed him around. “He’s coming back soon and who’s going to-”

“To help you?” he finished, “I’ve helped you enough, and gotten nothing out of it.”
She glared at her half brother, “HE’S GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING JONGHYUN! YOU CAN’T LET HIM DO THAT!”
Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “He’s your half brother, not mine.”
“We’re still family!” she yelled.
“Look Jieun, you’ll always be my baby sister. But this is over, I refuse to be here when he brings down his wrath. He’s never liked us and he never will. I suggest you leave too.”

She was about to whine again but he had already walked out.
If he comes back, he’ll tell all his friends that I’m a liar. Yongguk will know I’m not pregnant and they’ll get back together. Song Minho, you are the worst dongsaeng ever.