Thirteen

Bring It

“You aren’t coming out tonight?” frowned Jay.
“I’m staying over at Jia unnies.” I said, putting in an extra set of clothes in my backpack.
“I need girl time.” I shrugged.
He pouted, “Fine. What about Saturday?”
I thought about it, “Okay Saturday I’ll go. Happy?”
He grinned, “Very~ I need my favorite cousin for moral support.”
I chuckled, “Anyways, when are we going to start practicing?”

“Over winter break probably.” he said, tossing around one of my stuffed animals.
I nodded and turned my head as I heard him scoff. “You saved the petals?” He looked over at the rose, that was now only petals in a small dish on my nightstand.
“Yeah, so?” I zipped up my backpack.
He sighed, “It was pretty.” I said. “Come on, let’s get to school~” I faked enthusiasm, well half way faked.

--


The entire day you smiled. Even when your math teacher announced a pop quiz and you didn’t even remember writing anything down on the sheet. The girls constantly teased you while Junkyung shook his head in disapproval. Before you headed up to the roof you made sure that the coast was clear. Even though Junkyung assured you that Jay had no idea what was happening, you still needed to be careful. If I mess up, he’ll kill Yongguk then he’ll kill me!

“You’d better be careful.” said Junkyung as he walked out to the courtyard.
You sighed, “Don’t worry ________. Everything will go smoothly!” smiled Min.
You gave in and smiled again, “I’ll see you after lunch.”
She nodded, “Go get yo’ man!” she smacked your .
You yelped, “Min!” Students around you had amused expressions.
She giggled, as you shook your head and continued walking up the stairs.

--

“Hi ______.” Himchan greeted me from the table.
“Hi oppa.” I beamed.
Zelo was in deep concentration on his work. “Aish!” he let out a frustrated sigh.
“What’s wrong Zelo?” I tilted my head.
“Can you help me noona? Himchan hyung isn’t a good teacher.” he said.
“I can teach! You just don’t listen!” Himchan flicked Zelo on the forehead.
“Hyung~” he whined. “Please noona?” he pouted.
I smiled, “Let me see.” I sat next to him and looked at the problem.

“Now do what I showed you from this problem, on the next one.” I said.
He nodded took the pencil, and started working.
“Hey hyung.” greeted Himchan.
I turned my head and smiled seeing Yongguk, a big smile on his face as he came up.
“Hey guys…Whoa. Zelo are you doing your homework?”
“Yes.” Zelo said, still working out the problem.
He chuckled and set the food down, “That’s a miracle.”
“Done!” he smiled and handed me the paper.
“Good job!” I ruffled his hair.
“My reward is food!” he got up and moved next to Himchan.
I chuckled as Yongguk set my food in front of me.

--

“I have to go turn this in. Bye hyungs, bye noona! Thanks for helping me!” smiled Zelo.
“No problem~” I smiled.
Himchan took down all the trash, “Have fun on your date tonight~” he teased as he went downstairs.
I blushed a deep red and shook my head. I heard Yongguk chuckle behind me.
As I walked back to the table I kept my face hidden.

I was looking at my books when he slipped a black journal over mine. I looked up at him and he smiled, “I said I’d let you read mine.”
I smiled and sat down flipping through some of the pages. He sat down and waited for my response.
“Wow…” I said quietly, flipping a page completely taken aback.
“I know you have a bigger vocabulary than me but-”
“That has nothing to do with it.” I said, continuing to read. “This is…amazing.”

--

Yongguk smiled shyly at your compliment and looked down at his hands.
“Thanks.“ he said quietly. The bell rang, making you both look up and sigh.
You pouted as you handed him the journal back, and grabbed your books. He chuckled, “It’s okay~”
“I know~” you smiled back.
You both got up and walked to the door.

“So, tonight…” he started.
“Where are you taking me?” you asked cutely.
He chuckled again, “I’m not telling~”
You pouted, “But I wanna know!”
He opened the door, “You’ll see.” he poked your nose.
Your nose scrunched up, “Fine.” you smiled, and he helped you over.
“I’ll be outside Jia’s house at eight.” he said, “Look cute. Although I don’t think you’ll have any trouble with that.”
Blood rushed to your face, and he chuckled, “Go, you’ll be late. I’ll see you tonight.”
“Okay~” you spinned on your heel and skipped downstairs.

--

“Bye oppa!” you smiled and hugged Jay.
“Be careful. Don’t get into trouble!” he said.
Min rolled her eyes, “She’s going to be with us, in her pjs, eating ice cream all night. How much trouble can she get it?”
He shoved her head lightly, “Go away.”
You giggled, “Leave Min alone!”
Fei honked the horn, “She’s sleeping over, not leaving the country.” said Jia from the front seat.

Jay sighed, “Okay go.” he rolled his eyes.
You smiled as he kissed your forehead, Junkyung and Zico eyed you.
A sigh escaped your lips and you went over, “I’ll see you guys Saturday.”
“Don’t get caught.” said Junkyung lowly as he hugged you.
You nodded and then hugged Zico, “If he touches you and you don’t like it, tell me. I’ll break him.” A laugh escaped your lips.
“Okay, I’m gone!” you and Min hopped in the back seat. Fei quickly sped off with Kesha blasting through the speakers.

--

“Ow!” I tightened my hand into a fist.
“I’m sorry.” frowned Jia.
“Its okay.” I opened my eyes.
“At least you have a good eyebrow shape, plus there wasn’t much to pluck.” she smiled.
“Alright, you don’t use eye liner do you?” said Fei walking in the restroom.
I shook my head, “I’m always scared to poke my eye or something. The only make up I wear is concealer.”
They giggled, “Well, I won’t poke your eye.” she said and brought out a few items.

“Hair, cute and curly. Make up, light and natural. Outfit (minus belt)…I’m slightly jealous of Yongguk right now.” said Jia.
I giggled, “What time is it?”
“Ten ‘til eight!” yelled Min.
“Almost timee~” smiled Fei.
A knock came at the door, and her mom came in.
“Hey girls, oh ______ you look so pretty!” she smiled.
“Thank you.” I said shyly.

“Okay, anything else?” asked Min.
“Phone?” asked Fei.
“Check.” I patted my pocket.
“Purse?” asked Jia.
“Check~” I waved my clutch in the air.
“I think she’s good.” nodded Min.
A smiled appeared on my face, “Oh, I think he’s here~” Fei’s mom spoke up, looking out the window. “He’s handsome, good job ________-ah.” she nodded in approval.

We all giggled and went to the window, watching him get out of his car.
“Did you both plan the hair?” she asked.
Fei shook her head, “Nope, that was….destiny!” she said in a dreamy voice.
We laughed harder until hearing the doorbell ring.
“I’ll go down.” said Fei’s mom.
“I will too!” she linked arms with her and they walked downstairs.
My foot started tapping, “Are you nervous?” asked Jia.
I nodded, “This is my first date.” I bit my lip.
“Everything will be fine!” assured Min, “Come on, let’s get you out there.”

--

Min and Jia quickly went downstairs, you followed slowly, getting used to the heels. “Is _______ ready?” you heard him ask.
“Maybe.” said Fei, her arms crossed in front of her chest.
Her mom chuckled, “Yah, yes she’s ready Yongguk.”
As you came down he caught sight of you and smiled.
A shy smile appeared on your face as you stopped right in front of him.

“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” said Jia as she skipped off to the kitchen.
“Bring her back, she has a curfew!” said Fei.
He chuckled, “I will. You ready to go?” he asked you.
You nodded and quickly turned to everyone else, “I’ll see you guys later tonight. Thanks again.”
Fei nodded, “Just walk in when you come back. We’ll probably still be up.”
With that you walked next to Yongguk out, waving a goodbye.
“Aw.” said Min.
“She’s all grown up.” said Fei, pretending to wipe away a tear.

--

“So you’re still not gonna tell me?” I asked, as he drove.
“You’ll see!” he chuckled, “So impatient!”
The city still amazed you as you looked at how illuminated it was at night.
The music stopped in the car and you leaned over and took the iPod that was plugged in. You scrolled through, “You listen to J.Cole?!” you asked surprised.
He smiled, “Yup, do you?”
You gave a serious look, “I love him.”
He chuckled, “We’re here~”

You looked up from the device seeing a busy street ahead of you. Before you could say anything he opened the door for you, “Well come on!” he smiled.
You got out as he closed the car door. “Where are we?” you asked getting out of the car.
He smiled, “Welcome to Hongdae!”
You looked around with wide eyes, “Now I know that the first date usually consists of dinner and what not but that’s a little typical but let’s be honest, you’re not average or typical.”
He smiled seeing that you got shy, he grabbed your hand, “Come on!”

--

Yours and Yongguk‘s hands swung back and forth as you walked down the streets of Hongdae.
He chuckled, amused at how amazed you were. “What?” you frowned.
“You’re like a little kid.” he answered with a smile.
You pouted, “I’ve never been here before!”
He continued to smile, “Good job on looking cute by the way. I knew you wouldn’t have trouble with that.”
You blushed, “Thank you. I had some help though.”
He squeezed your hand slightly, “Are you hungry?”

You nodded your head and he looked around. Spotting a vendor he quickly pulled you along. You giggled, “Oppa!”
“What do you want?” he smiled, and motioned at the food.
Your cheeks puffed up as you thought about it. He chuckled and poked at your side. “Yah!” you giggled, “I want gimbap please!” you beamed.
He grinned, “How can I help you?” smiled the vendor.
“Yes can I get 4 rolls of the bulgogi gimbap?” he asked politely.

He paid and held on to the food, “Okay, what time is it?” he asked.
You pulled out your phone, “9:30.” you looked at him, “Why?”
He grabbed your hand, “Perfect. Come on.” he took you in the direction you came from.
You both ended up back at his car, “What are we going?” you asked curiously.
“You’ll see.” he opened his trunk and pulled out a blanket.
He grabbed your hand again and took you near a bridge. Above hung Christmas lights that illuminated the pathway. In the clearing ahead you saw an enormous tarp hung up and other people crowding around with chairs and blankets as well.

“An outdoor movie?” you asked.
He smiled sheepishly, “Yeah…I didn’t know what to do.”
“I like it.” you smiled. He looked down shyly and then handed you the food.
“Let me get this out.” he flattened out the blanket and motioned for you to sit.
“I’m going to go get something us something to drink, anything specific?” he asked.
You shook your head, “Nope, anything will do.” you smiled.
He nodded and walked to a nearby stand that sold refreshments.
You felt something poke your back and you turned quickly. A little boy stood in front of you with a shy smile and his hands behind his back.

“Hello~” you smiled at him. “Are you okay sweety?”
He nodded a twisted his shoulders shyly. You chuckled, and he brought his hands out in front holding a small flower. He handed it to you, you smiled and accepted it, “Thank you.” He smiled brightly and ran off back to his mother and father. The parents smiled at you and then brought their attention back to the screen.

“Where‘d you get that?” You looked up and saw Yongguk squatting down, putting the drinks he had bought along with a small box next to the food.
“That little boy gave it to me.” you smiled.
He smacked his lips, “I’m gone for five minutes and people already try to steal my date.”
You giggled, “I’m still here though~”
He smiled and sat down next to you, “And I’m glad.”
You blushed, and he slightly turned to the screen, “Movie’s starting.”
Both of you scooted closer to each other and faced forward.

--

“It’s the maid or butler!” said Yongguk, “It always is!”
“No! They weren’t there that night, it’s the daughter!” you said.
Both of you were laying on your stomachs, excitedly guessing the murderer.
“After a thorough investigation, we have concluded that the murderer is…..”
Your hand went on his shoulder and his hand went on top of yours, the anticipation killing both of you.
“Mrs. Yoon!”
Your jaws dropped. “Oh my god!” you said.
“The mom?!” said Yongguk, you both looked at each other in shock.
“Did not see that coming!” you both shook your heads.
Clapping erupted as the ending scene was shown with the woman being handcuffed and driven away in the police car. Credits rolled on the screen as people began to gather their things.

You sat up and stretched your arms out, yawning. Yongguk turned over on his back and looked up at you. The air had cooled slightly, making you shiver.
“You cold?” he asked.
You shook your head, “I’ll be okay.”
He frowned and sat up, pulling off his black leather jacket. Before you could object he had already put it around your shoulders.
You smiled, “Thanks.” you snuggled into the jacket, his warmth still there.

You looked around, “You do know that we’re the only one’s here right?”
He chuckled, “Yeah, but we can’t leave just yet. There’s something else.”
“Ooh~” you giggled, “What is it?”
He pointed to the skyline behind you. “It should start, right about……now!”
Nothing happened. You furrowed your brows together and looked at him.
“Okay.” he sighed, “Now!” Still nothing.
“Now?” he tilted his head. “Now!…….Now!….N-” You jumped hearing crackling.
Fireworks. You smiled, and looked at him, “How-”
“They do them every Friday night.” he smiled. “I thought it be a nice touch.”
You smiled as he sat up and got closer to you. You hugged his arm and leaned your head on his shoulder and he leaned his on yours, watching the explosions in the sky.

--

“I had a great time.” you smiled shyly.
He returned it, “I did too.”
You both stood outside on Fei’s porch. He gulped and bit his lip.
“Do you think that there’s a chance of-of a second date?” his eyes looked down at you.
You blushed, “I want there to be another one...do you?”
He chuckled and nodded, “Yeah, definitely.”
You smiled, “Okay then.”
He leaned down slightly and kissed your forehead. “I’ll see you in school?”
Your lips went into a line and you nodded, “Good night _______.”
“Good night Yongguk oppa.” you smiled and opened the door, slowly walking inside.