Seventeen

Bring It

You smiled brightly as you sat down in your desk.
“You’re oddly happy…” said Min. “After what happened today how can you-Oh what happened?” she came closer to you.
You bit your lip as you fidgeted with your fingers, “He asked me to be his girlfriend.” you whispered.
“WHAT?!” she looked at you excitedly, “And you said?”
You smacked your lips, “If I said no you’d think I’d be this happy?”
She squealed, “Ah~ ______, but she’s back and-”
“I don’t care.” you smiled, “I don’t care, he told me he doesn’t like her like that anymore Min.”

She looked at you skeptically, “If he makes you happy…”
You nodded, “He does.” you smiled.
“Okay then.” she rolled her eyes, “You just have to be careful.”
“I always am.” you assured.
She smiled at you, “Jepp and Lil’ Park~” she whispered teasingly.
“SHH!” but you couldn’t contain your happiness, you squealed with her.
“Miss Park, Miss Lee. Am I going to have to separate you two?”

“No m’am!” you both said in unison. You faced front.

--

The last bell rang, you squealed and quickly went to your locker. Yongguk and you agreed to meet by a staircase in one of the back hallways before you left.
When you opened it you immediately smiled seeing another rose, along with a note.
“Another one?” you jumped and quickly hid the letter in your folder.
“Oppa?” you looked at Jay, “I thought-”
“I know.” he rolled his eyes, “I should be at home, but I got lonely.” he shrugged.
“Oh…” you put up your textbook, and held onto the rose delicately.

He smacked his lips, “Do I have to make another threat?” he asked, looking at the flower.
You shrugged, “Doesn’t seem to be doing any good.”
He narrowed his eyes at you and slowly backed away. “Oppa, please do-”
“ONCE AGAIN!” he yelled, standing on a bench. People stopped and looked in his direction, whispering.
“WHOEVER THE CREEP IS THAT LEAVES MY COUSIN THESE FLOWERS WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO ME!”
“Get down!” you hissed and tugged on his shirt.
“STOP STALKING HER!” He hopped off.
“You ready?” he smiled.
You face palmed, “I forgot a book in my class, let me go get it. I’ll meet you in the front.” He nodded and walked to the front of the gate.

You turned to go meet Yongguk. “Oh look at that, have an admirer do we?” Jieun smiled, gently the flower.
Her friends smirked behind her, you could hear people whispering in the courtyard. All of them looking in your direction.
“What’s it to you?” you asked, taking the flower out of her reach.
She smirked, “I’ve been there.” she said, “There’s only one person I know of, here anyway, that goes to these lengths.”
You froze, “It’s just a flower.” you said, breaking through them.

“Stay away from Yongguk.” you heard her say, making you stop.
You turned, “I don’t associate with him.” you lied.
She narrowed her eyes at you, “You’re new here, so I’ll fill you in. He’s mine.” she smirked. Not anymore.
You went back and stopped a few inches away from her, “This place has changed since the last time you were here.” you said, “And just to fill you in, I do what I want.”
Jieun straightened up, “Stay away from my cousin.” you warned, turning on your heel, continuing on your way.

--

“Can I just beat her up once?” you asked innocently.
“You can get expelled.” he said, wrapping his arms around you.
“I don’t want you getting in trouble because of her. She’s not worth it baby.”
You blushed hearing his term of endearment.
“She‘ll live, I won‘t completely kill her.” you promised.
He chuckled, “Like the flower?” he asked.
“Of course!” you beamed. “I didn’t get to read the letter though. Jay oppa came up.”

“Oh yeah, I could hear his threat all the way over here.” he said.
You sighed, as your phone buzzed. “He’s waiting for me.” you frowned.
“Don’t frown!” he poked your nose. “Check your phone in a little bit.”
“Why?” you tilted your head.
“We have to dye our hair remember, do it brown!” he smiled.
“Couple hair?” you giggled.
He nodded, “I like the idea of it, call me cheesy if you must.”
“Okay you cheese ball~” you giggled, your phone buzzed again.

“Go.” he said. “Don’t want you getting in trouble now do we?”
You sighed, “Guess not. I’ll see you tomorrow oppa.” you smiled.
He nodded and kissed your forehead.
“HYUNG! I WANT TO GO HOM-OH I’m so sorry!” Zelo covered his eyes and turned back around.
You giggled, “Chill Zelo.” said Yongguk.
He turned around slowly, “Sorry.” he looked down.
“How can you harass people, and yet cover your eyes when he kisses me?” you asked.
He shrugged, “When other people do it it’s gross.”
Yongguk rolled his eyes and kissed your temple, “Go home.” he mumbled.
“Okay, okay. Bye~” you smiled and skipped off to Jay’s car.

--

“________ and Yongguk~ ________ and Yongguk~”
“Are you guys done yet?” you chuckled.
“For now.” said Jia.
“Wanna come over and help me dye my hair so that it’s ‘appropriate’ for school?”
“What color are you dying it?” asked Fei.
“Brown.” you answered, “Yongguk is too.”
“Aw~” they chorused.
You rolled your eyes, “We’ll be there in fifteen~” sang Min.
“Okay~” you replied hanging up.

You laid on your back, staring at the ceiling. Someone knocked on your door, making you sit up, “Come in.” you called out.
Jay walked in and fell face first on your bed, “I’m sorry!” he mumbled.

You chuckled, “Like I didn’t know that.”
He sat up, “I shouldn’t have yelled at you.” he sighed, “It’s just seeing her again. It made me so angry.”
“You might not know the full situation, but to sum it up, I think I was hurt the most.” he laid back down.

You bit your lip, “You know, it’s not Yongguk’s fault…you don’t have to be mad at him.”
“I handle this in my own way ______.” he sighed.
“But, she was the one who-”
“__________~” Auntie Rin knocked on the door.
“Come in.” you sighed.
“Oh.” she paused seeing Jay, “Your friends are downstairs.”
You both stood up and grabbed your bag, “I’ll be back in a minute.”
They walked you downstairs to where you heard Min and Jia’s giggling.
“Aw, was this Jaebeom oppa when he was a baby?” they looked at a picture.
Jay turned red, “Man!” he went over and took it, hiding it under his shirt.

--

“Where to?” asked Fei, buckling her seat beat.
Your phone beeped, it was Yongguk.

From: Yongguk
To: _______

Go to the store three streets down from your house.


You continued to scroll and saw a picture of hair dye. You chuckled and gave Fei directions. When you entered the store you all quickly searched for the hair aisle.
“Found it!” beamed Min, pointing up at the top shelf.
“Why is it so high up!” Fei couldn’t even reach it. You spotted a small step stool and pulled it over. Jia hopped on and grabbed it with ease. As you looked for an open cashier, Min noticed something.

“Isn’t it just a little weird that only one of the registers is open?” you all looked around. The store was far from being deserted, yet the one open register wasn’t busy. You all just shrugged and walked up. As the cashier scanned it, you took out your wallet but he shook his head.
“It’s been taken care of.” he smiled.
“I’m sorry, what?”
“That nice young man came in earlier, you don’t have to worry about it.”
You al chuckled, “Is that even allowed?” asked Fei.
He shrugged, “It’s been paid for that’s all I know.” he said handing you the plastic bag.

--

“He said to send him a picture when you’re done.” Min read from my phone.
I smiled, as soon as we got out of the store I called him and thanked him. I couldn’t talk long though from the immense teasing I was receiving on the way back home.
“Text back that’ll he’ll have to wait until tomorrow.” I said, continuing to work the dye into my hair.
Almost immediately my phone beeped again, “He put a sad face.” she said, munching on more chips.
“Just send him one!” Jia and Fei said from my room.

“Send who what?” We jumped hearing Jay’s voice, he stood in the hallway between the open doors.
“My…dad…” I said, “A picture of my new hair…”
Fei and Jia sent me a thumbs up as Min continued to eat her chips.
He furrowed his brows, “Why are you dying it again?” he asked.
“Principal Choi said it was inappropriate for school.” I rolled my eyes.
“What?! He better have told Yongguk that too then, if you can’t do that neither can he!”
I gulped, “Yeah he got in trouble too. We have to have it ‘normal’ by tomorrow.”
“I don’t know why I didn’t get in trouble.” said Jia.
“Because yours is fully orange, it’s not like theirs was.” said Jay.

“Well.” I said, “I’m going back to my original hair color.”
“I might dye my hair now.” he pondered.
We all giggled, “No Jaebeom.” we heard Auntie Rin say from up the hall.
He smacked his lips, “She hears everything man! I’ll see you guys later, I’m going to go chill with the guys for a while.”
“Too much girl talk?” teased Fei.
He gave her a fake smile, “Go away.”