Seven

Bring It

Your POV:

“Five more minutes~” said Min excitedly.
“I know Min.” I sighed.
“Are you actually counting down until lunch?” asked Junkyung.
“Mhmmm~” she said. “It’s a special day.”
“Shut up!” I whispered.
“Why is today so special?” he asked, lifting his head up from his desk.
“Oh, you wouldn’t understand.” I nudged her in the ribs.

“By the way, diarrhea?! Really?”
She shrugged, “I couldn’t think of anything else. Besides, anything more severe than that and he probably would have gone to the nurses office himself.” she explained.
I sighed, “I guess. But, he filled my bag with Antacid pills!” I whispered.
Min giggled, “Oh my god, that’s awesome. At least now you’ll be prepared.”
I rolled my eyes, “Oh Min, I don’t know what to do with you.”

I turned my head to see Junkyung staring at both of us weirdly.
“Why am I friends with you guys?” he asked.
Min and I giggled as we finished our worksheets.
“Okay class, tomorrow we’ll be having a quiz-”
The teacher was interrupted by the bell. “SO STUDY!” she called out as we walked out.

Junkyung walked ahead of us, “I’ll see you guys later.” he opened the door, heading to the courtyard. Min giggled as I started walking in the direction Yongguk had taken me yesterday.
“Shut up!” I said, “Now I’m even more nervous!” I bit my lower lip.
“You’re nervous?” she asked.
“Yes! I spent extra time on my hair today, and I still think it looks like crap!” I explained.
“I think it looks good.” Min covered and I went wide eyed.
I turned around slowly, “I mean, that’s just me though.” he said with a lopsided smile.

“Oh, what’s that. Okay, I’ll be right there unnie!” Min nodded in the direction of the courtyard. Jia and Fei were sitting down at the table, unable to hear her from the distance.
I closed my eyes, and shook my head, “I’ll see you guys later!” she smiled and ran to the table.
Yongguk chuckled, “So, you wanna head up? I sent Himchan to get food so he should be back by now.”
I face palmed, “Yes, please before I shoot Min or something.”
We both laughed, walking side by side to the roof.

--

“Noona!” cheered Zelo.
“Hi!” I smiled shyly as Yongguk helped me down again by taking both of my hands.
“Now before you guys get mad, I didn’t know what to get cause no one told me.” said Himchan. “And we’ve never been properly introduced. I’m Himchan!” he smiled brightly and stuck his hand out.
I giggled, “________.” I shook it.
Yongguk chuckled, “Come on, I’m hungry.” he led me to the table.

We talked, a lot. They made me laugh to the point where I spit out my food. But all good things must end sometime, seriously 45 minutes is not enough. Before the bell ran Zelo and Himchan walked back. Yongguk had said that I would walk down myself and then he would leave minutes after I did.

“I just don’t want you to get in trouble.” he said. It touched me to know that he thought of it like that.
“Thank you.” I said, as he walked me to the door. “I didn’t even thank Himchan for the food.” I frowned.
“Actually I paid for that.” he said proudly, “He forgot his wallet this morning so…yeah.”
I smiled at the ground, “Well then, thank you.” I said, looking back up at him.
“It’s nothing.” he smiled looking at the ground. “You uh…want to come again tomorrow?”

I frowned a little, “I don’t know if we should do this everyday…Not that I didn’t have fun it’s just, my cousin-”
“No, I get it.” he still didn’t look up at me.
“How about every other day?” I suggested.

He finally looked at me with a smile and nodded, “That sounds like a plan.”
The bell rang, inside I wished that it didn’t, I wanted to spend more time with him. “Well…I guess I should go now.” I said.
“Here, let me help you.” he grabbed my books and opened the door for me. After I stepped over the cinder block he handed them back.
“See you later oppa.” I smiled, walking away.

--

Yongguk POV:

Lunch ‘Date’=SUCCESS. Kind of, if Himchan and Zelo wouldn’t have been there it would have actually been a date, but without them I probably would have gotten real awkward. It’s going to be a regular thing now, I should probably convince those two to not show up one day. That way it’ll just be us two, hopefully. Damn, I forgot to tell her to come out this weekend, I would be battling.

I know it seems weird but the last few times she went while I was battling I felt…I don’t know more confident I guess you could say. Ever since this girl showed up I’ve lost a lot of my focus in battles, which is why I haven’t been accepting many of the challenges. But, those few times I saw her there, I felt invincible. I know, it seems like I’m using her as a good luck charm, it’s not like that, I want her there just for the simple fact that I also want to see her more.

If Jay wasn’t such a then maybe we wouldn’t have to hide like this. I’ll admit, I kind of like it though all this sneaking around. I also think it’s cute how she agrees to it, I may sound cocky right now but I’m pretty sure she digs me. Unless she’s playing me…nah…please don’t be ________-ah, I actually like you.

--

“So every other day huh?” teased Jia.
“Shh!” I said, “Yes.” I smiled shyly.
“Aw ________~” said Fei poking my arm.
“Now the final step is for you two to date.” clapped Min.
“That won’t happen.” I sighed, kicking a rock.

“Why not?!” frowned Fei.
“Jay oppa and him don’t get along.” I said, “He already told me to stay away and-”
“That didn’t stop you from sneaking away today!” smirked Fei.
“I know but…A secret relationship?” I asked lowly.
“What does Lil’ Park always say when she gets challenged?” asked Min.
I chuckled, “Seriously?”

They nodded, “I think you should give him a chance.” said Jia
“He hasn’t had a girlfriend in a while, and pretty much everyone thinks that y’all are a good match.”
“But…” I put my face in my hands, “Aufaueletdes!” I mumbled.
“Once again, what does Lil’ Park say when she’s challenged?”
I pulled my head up and smirked, “Bring it!”
They clapped, “Exactly!” beamed Fei, “If anything happens we got you.”

--

It was Friday, I was walking to my locker. The day was already over, and the homework was already piled up, something to do this weekend, I mentally sighed. I wanted to go out with Jay though, he was right once you have a taste of the scene you’ll be itching to get back to it.

I slowly turned the dial on my lock and yanked it off opening it. My mood instantly changed seeing what was inside. It was a single red rose, along with a note. I looked around quickly before taking it out.

 

____________,

Is this too much? Oh well, I’m not sure what to write here…Are you coming out this weekend?
I only ask because I know we won’t have lunch together today. I guess I’m asking you to show up, please?
Text me to let me know.

- Yongguk^___^

 

My smile was so wide, it stretched from ear to ear. Inside was a another slip of paper with his number on it. Yeah, homework can wait I have to go out these next two days, he asked me, good excuse right? I saved his number in my phone and slipped the note into one of my folders.

“_______! Come on, let’s go home!” Jay came up.
I went wide eyed, “What’s this?” he asked picking up the rose.
“Don’t!” I pouted, taking it away from him, “I found it in my locker.” I smiled.
He narrowed his eyes, then looked around as well. “I’ll deal with this.”
I stopped looking at the flower, “Wait, wha-”
“ALRIGHT DOUCHES, WHICH EVER ONE OF YOU LEFT THAT FLOWER IN MY COUSINS’ LOCKER IS DEAD!” he stood on one of the tables.

The blood drained from my face, “SHE DOESN’T WANT YOU!” Yes I do.
People stopped what they were doing and listened to him. I covered my face, embarrassed of my cousin. “NO ONE HERE MEETS MY STANDARDS TO DATE HER ANYWAYS!” with that he hopped off the table.
“Wae?” I asked quietly.
He shrugged, “Punks need to be induced with fear, that’s all.”
I sighed and looked around, seeing Yongguk smiling at me. I returned it while closely holding the rose.

“Anyways, you want to come out tonight?” asked Jay, making me break out eye contact.
“Tonight?” I asked, “Yes!” I smiled.
“Then let’s go!” he urged, closing my locker.
He led me around the courtyard to the gate, Yongguk and I keeping eye contact.
“Wait here, I’ll go get the car.” said Jay.
I nodded and got a text as soon as we reached the gate. It was from Min.

From: Min
To: _______

So I guess we’ll see you tonight at the club?
I’ll tell him that the flower was a nice touch ;)


I chuckled while replying. I bit my lip as I looked at him again, he was looking at his phone anxiously. I smiled again, he’s waiting for my text, gosh why is he so cute?

To: Yongguk
From: _________

I’ll be there.


I waited a few more seconds until I looked at him again. A big smile appeared on his face and he looked in my direction, he mouthed a ‘thank you’ and then looked at Zelo. He nodded his head, probably asking what was up, in an instant Yongguk hugged the boy. Zelo had wide eyes and looked at Himchan, asking for help. Jay pulled up in the car, honking to get my attention. I got in with an enormous smile on my face.
“What’s up?” he asked curiously.
“Nothing.” I shook my head, continuing to smile.
“Why do I hang out with you…?”, he asked while driving away.