Thirty Seven

Bring It

“Maybe the first test was right…” You frowned.
“_______.” Min raised her brow, “Get inside this clinic now.”
“No.” you shook your head.
“_______.” Jia linked arms with you, “Come on.”
“Can’t we just do another one?” you pleaded, “I don’t want to go in there!”
“Do you want us to call Jay or Yongguk?” Fei threatened.
You stomped your foot, and looked at the entrance. “Fine.” you sighed.

It took them a while but they finally got you through the door. Skipping school on a Monday to go get a pregnancy confirmation was not something you ever thought you would do.
“I hate these places.” you pouted, tapping your foot.
“Calm down.” Fei squeezed your hand.

A door opened and a nurse stepped out with her clipboard, “Park _______?”
Gulping you stood up, looking back at the girls they nodded for you to go forward.
“Hello, I’m Nurse Kwon.” she smiled brightly.
“Hi.” you nervously smiled.

She took you to one of the available rooms and did a standard questionnaire.
“Doctor Kim will be with you shortly.” she finished jotting down a few more things before leaving you alone in the room.
Impatiently you swung your legs back and forth as you sat on the hospital bed.

A gently knock made you look up, “Come in.”
“Hello! I’m Doctor Kim.” she smiled, “Park ______?”
You nodded, “Hi.” you smiled.
She pulled up a chair and looked over the chart.

“And the reason for your visit today?” she asked.
“Well uhm, I’ve been vomiting a lot recently.”
“Mhm, and are you ually active?”
Biting your lip you nodded, “When’s the last time you…you know.” she chuckled.
“Uh…five-six weeks maybe.”
She wrote that down, “Okay…Now have you taken a pregnancy test?”

“I took two.” you answered. “One was negative, the other positive.”
“Oh.” she chuckled, “Are you here to make sure you are? Or…aren’t?”
You smiled weakly, “Yeah, been on edge for the last few days.” you fiddled with your jacket zipper.
She smiled warmly, “Don’t worry, we’ll just draw some blood, get it tested and have the results in no time.”
You exhaled, “Okay.”

Laying back in the bed you waited, while completely paranoid.
My parents are going to kill me.
God only knows how Yongguk will react.
I wonder how his parents would react.

Then you stopped, you had been so frightened by the second test that you completely forgot about the other alternative: you weren’t pregnant. Well now if you weren’t then no one would know about this little scare except Min, Jia, and Fei. As you continued to replay scenarios in your head Doctor Kim walked back in, holding the results of your blood work.

--

“Are you going to be okay?” Min looked at you.
“Yeah.” you sighed, “Nothing a night out won’t fix.” you chuckled.
The results came back negative. Turns out you had a little acid reflux and that caused your massive regurgitation throughout the week. As relieved as you were, it left you slightly disappointed. You erased the thought though, you had plenty of time to think about kids later.

“Speaking of night out.” Jia beamed, “This weekend? Yeah~”
“You know it!” Fei answered for you.
“Nothing too too crazy though. Parents are coming back on Monday for the holiday break.” you scrunched your nose.
They groaned, “Exams on Wednesday.”
“We should head back to school.” you frowned, “Just so that Jay doesn’t get too worried.”

You all made it back in time for lunch. For the most part you were relatively in a good mood. Before you could stuff your backpack inside your locker you had to take out the flowers that Yongguk had put in there. The last two dozen were barely wilting in the vases you had on your desk. Carefully you placed them in front of everything, making sure to take them home once school was out.

“Awe, look at that.” you rolled your eyes hearing Jieun’s voice.
Taking a calming breath you shut your locker and faced her.
“Any particular reason you’re here?” you raised a brow.
“How mad are you?” she smirked, taking a step towards you.
Putting a hand over her stomach she blinked innocently.

A scoff escaped your lips, “That child, was the result of a drunken night. You proud of that?”
She poked your cheek, “Aw, is that what you think?”
Quickly slapping her hand away you looked up at her, “Seungho told me. Everything.”
Her face fell a little at the mention of his name.
“Oh that’s right.” you smiled, “He told me how you talked to him, while he was drunk. Taking advantage of how he felt about me, you told him to drug us, and he did it.”
With each detail of the truth you took a step closer to her, making her back up each time.

“He was lying.” she gulped.
“He wouldn’t lie to me.” you clenched your jaw.
“You couldn’t stand the fact that he was over you, could you? So you decided to up.”
Jieun suddenly gained some courage, “He still did it, and he enjoyed every second.” she leaned in, only a few inches from you.
Being too involved with the argument you hadn’t noticed people watching, eagerly listening.

“________.” Jay grabbed your wrist, pulling you away.
Angrily you got out of his grasp and shot Jieun a glare.
“You are SO ing lucky that you’re pregnant. That kid is the only reason my fist isn’t meeting your face right now.”
The crowd let out their reactions as you your heel. Yongguk stood next to Jay, wanting to say something but Jieun let out a sigh.

She put a hand on her forehead, pretending that she was sick.
“Yongguk…” she whimpered, leaning against a column.
He let out a frustrated sigh and looked at her, “Help me.” she pouted.
Rolling your eyes you walked away, pushing past him.

--

You couldn’t face him at all the next few days. Whenever the time would come to switch classes he would always try to get your attention, but you couldn’t handle seeing him.

Now that it was Friday you were completely relieved. Another five minutes and three weeks of vacation awaited you. Impatiently you tapped your fingers on the desk. A few of the students gave you sympathetic smiles, the thing you hated the most. Then again, you did throw it out there that Jieun drugged all of them that night. Her words still lingered in your mind, …he enjoyed every second…

Quickly you ran to your car after the bell rang. Min had found a party and threatened to kidnap you again if you didn’t show up willingly.

You were in the kitchen, when your parents called.

“Yes mother.” you sighed, “Mhm, I’m making myself something to eat right now.” Taking out a package of ramen you filled a pot with water.
“No…I’m not making ramen…” you lied.
“Okay, tell daddy I love him. Yeah, I’ll see you guys on Monday. Yes, I’ll be good. Okay mom.” you sighed, “Mhm, yeah…cool…sweet bye~”
Sighing you hung up and quickly ate your ramen in the living room, while watching some movie. You really didn’t pay attention.

You’re coming with us, end of story.”
“Jia~” you whined, walking back upstairs.
“No excuses. We will break into your house and carry you out.”
“Fine.” you sighed, knowing that they probably would.
“Good. We’ll see you in a little bit.”
“Bye.” you opened the door to your room and your music.

“_______.”
You turned around quickly, crashing into your desk. Yongguk stood by your door, he must have hid back there when you walked in.
“Yongguk!” you covered your chest, “What the !? I almost had a heart attack!”
He came closer, “I’m sorry, I just…” he pressed his lips together.
“You what?” you looked away.

In three strides he was in front of you, wrapping his arms around you.
“Baby.” he mumbled.
You realized that no matter how angry you had gotten at him these past few weeks not once did you tell him to stop calling you that.
“What do you want Yongguk? And…how did you get in my house?!” you pushed him away slightly.

“I…kind of went through your window…” he stared at the ground.
You rubbed your forehead, letting out a sigh, “You can’t do this anymore.”
He grew angry, slamming his hand on the desk behind you.
“I told you that if I wouldn’t allow you to let me go _________.” he gazed intensely at you.
A gasp escaped your lips as he pressed his body on yours.
“_________…what is this?” You opened your eyes and saw him looking behind you, his eyes landing on the two pregnancy tests. The one that read positive was on top.

He picked it up carefully and looked at it, “_________-”
“No Yongguk.” you snatched it from his hand.
“__________.” His voice had a hint of happiness as he grabbed you carefully and ran his hand under your shirt, caressing your stomach.
“Yongguk-k.” you shuttered, “It’s false.” you removed his hand.
“W-what?” his face darkened.
“I’m not pregnant.” you looked past him.

“Did you…ab-”
“Abort it?” you glared at him, “NO! I wasn’t pregnant okay! I went Monday to the clinic and they tested me there. Don’t worry, I’m not.” You got out of his grasp and sat on your bed.
“You went inside a clinic?” he asked, surprised.
“Shocking right?” you rolled your eyes, “I just needed to know…”

He watched as you hugged your knees and looked away.
“_______.” you felt the bed shift under his weight. His arms once again held you tightly. “I miss you.” he mumbled.
You closed your eyes, “Yongguk…I have to get ready…”
He sighed and let you go, he stood at the doorway looking back at you.
“I miss you too.” you whispered.

You should’ve known that after saying that he would’ve done what he did. Lifting you up from the bed his lips crashed onto yours. He gave you a deep heated kiss setting you back down slowly. You hugged your knees again as he began walking away, “Saranghae…” he said.
“…Nado.” you turned your head in his direction, but not enough to look at him.
A smile appeared on his face as he walked out of your house.

--

Yongguk’s POV:

“Why would you two break up?” my mom frowned.
I shrugged, “Things happen…”

They just found out that _________ and I weren’t together anymore. My dad noticed the rings that I had gotten us on my dresser and told my mom. They called her parents and all had a big conversation about it. Looks like I wasn’t the only disappointed about it.

“Don’t worry, they’ll get back together in no time.” My dad smiled while reading the newspaper.
“I hope so…” I muttered.
My mom ruffled my hair, “Well you’re coming with us tomorrow night, yes?”
I pursed my lips, “I don’t wanna~!” I whined.
“Yah!” she lightly slapped my back, “_______’s going, I talked to her parents. They just got back today.”

“You won’t be the only kid there son.” my dad explained, “Besides Himchan and Junhong will be there.”
I shrugged, “I guess…But I’ll be staying over at Himchan’s then.”
They nodded, “Like we didn’t know that already.”
I spun my phone on the table, pressing the button so I could see the screensaver. It was a picture of _________ and I, still in our school uniforms.
“Don’t worry baby.” my mom kissed my head, “She’ll come around.”