HOLIDAY AND BETROTHED

100 days Boyfriend

CHAPTER 22

 

It has been three week after Lee Shin meets Taeyeon family, meaning it already month and the half they have been together. They always find some time to meet at night because both of them have very tight schedule. Taeyeon with so many concerts, variety shows, practices, recordings and anything that has been scheduled for her by her agency. At the same time, Lee Shin is busy for preparation of opening his new hotel. Although he the boss but he still want to make sure everything is in order and as he want it to be. He wants perfection in his hotel business and this time it not just a regular hotel but a new concept which are using Victorian-English castle style.

 

The hotel is design as a castle with a beautiful garden and a big lake The garden has divide to two part; one was inside the big green house with the walking path and a bench along the path so that the guest can enjoy the walking and have a sit if they just want to enjoy the feeling inside the garden. The second was the open garden; guest can feel like walking inside the big maze. It was so beautiful.

It not just that the garden also have been made alongside the lake which has been equip by a small boat for a romantic rowing and a big family boat. The lake also has a paddle boats which is so fun for children and their family. It has a beautiful landscape in the country side which is so breathtaking.

 

It also has a small river running down from nearby mountain through Lee Shin hotel properties. He takes that advantage by making few small huts for guest relax and enjoy the scenery. When you walk inside the hotel, it was difference feeling, it more elegant and rich. It has a big open lobby and very big staircase to the first floor. The big windows all along the wall make it brighter. Lee Shin has asks the great architect to design the interior of the hotel. The hotel also has been equipped with a big indoor swimming pool for the guest.

 

So, he want the opening of the hotel must be perfect and he has an idea how to make his hotel known all over the world. Although the main reason is of cause he wants to give a holiday to Taeyeon and her members but he don’t have a good reason for her to have one. He knows how Taeyeon was so in need the holidays. She always trying to look happy and smile but Lee Shin knows she is so tired with all SNSD activities. He also want to invite SJ because all of them have been good to him and of cause his best friend is in that group and he want him to have a great time at his hotel too. In the same time he also wants to give a holiday for FNC artists. They have been great and work harder for FNC and make FNC proud of them. So at the end, he has make an arrangement to invite all Korean idols to his hotel for the opening which he give a free holiday package (4 days 3 night) to them. The invitations have been distribute to the artists and some with a contract business. Lee Shin have ask Emerald marketing and promoting group to do all the invitation and make sure all the idols that in the list will come to the holiday. Lee Shin said that the holiday for the idols will not make for public which is contrast to the main reason which wants the hotel get well known all the world. The marketing and promoting manager confused and try to make Lee Shin see their reasoning of the confusing of the demand. But then Lee Shin said, if that so, just make two opening. One is just for the idols and the other one is for the public. Then both of the man said it look a waste if they don’t use the idols as the promoting figure. To this Lee Shin said just pick FNC artists and any artists who want to have a contract with Emerald but do the promoting activities on other days or time. Lee Shin said he will not give someone holiday just to make them uncomfortable. It was holidays and not a working time. At last both of the managers then understand and accept the command from Lee Shin and start making and arrangement to invite the idols on the list. But then they have come back to Lee Shin to report the difficulty because the idols are business deal. They cannot just invite the idols group if it not gives any profit to their agency. Lee Shin than said it not the problem at all, he own two broadcast system in Korea so just put his name as the inviter and make sure to make it known that he is the owner of Emerald Company and also the owner of SBS and MBC. Also mention that he also the owner of the Lee Group (which own business in properties and agriculture) and also JAA International School and JAA College of Art and Business. If that not enough just mention that the artist will be paid to come to his hotel. And this is making end of discussion between Lee Shin and promoting and marketing managers.

A few days before the opening, the artists in Korea have been scheduled for the free holidays by their agency which making them curious and happy.

 

SM Agency, at one of the bigger practice room.

 

So everyone is here. Ok now listens everyone. Today I would like to tell you that this weekend all of your scheduled will be cancel.” said Mr Kim Young-min, SM CEO.

All the artists look at each other and start making a buzz sound. Some look happy but some look confuse.

Can I ask why sir?” said BoA.

Oh it just all of you was invite for the opening of new Emerald Hotel and all of you get free holiday package for 4 days 3 night which is start this Friday.” Explain Mr. Kim.

Do you mean all SM artist will get a free holidays” ask Yunho (TVXQ).

Actually as I been mention, it not only SM artists but also others agency as well.” said Mr. Kim.

But why you want all of us go. It something unusual.” said Leeteuk.

It was a good opportunity for all of you. The owner of Emerald Hotel is Jordan Lee, and for your information it not wise for any agency to decline the invitation from him. Let I tell you, he is the owner of entertainment business. Without him, small agency like us cannot make any profit. And it was for the first time he giving the invitation personally. I mean he put his name in the invitation card meaning that he doesn’t want any declination from the other parties who receive.” explain Mr. Kim. Lee Teuk looks at Eunhyuk who just shrug because he never knows anything about the invitation.

Just enjoy ok. And please don’t make any scandal because as I mention before. They invited almost all the Korean artists.” said Mr. Kim end the meetings. After Mr. Kim walk out from the room, the SM artist start talking to each others. Some already walk out from the room but some still hanging around talking with each others likes SUJU, Shinee, F(x) and SNSD who still at the room talking with each others.

Unnie, Jordan Lee as mention by Mr. Kim just now is Lee Shin oppa, right?” ask Yoona.

He the same man, but I don’t know about the invitation because he never says anything about it to me.” said Taeyeon.

What was Mr. Kim really mean by that Lee Shin own the entertainment business, Unnie?” ask Sunny.

Hmm, I don’t think I can tell it here. It so many people.” Whisper Taeyeon.

I got a massage from Yong oppa, he said that he already been mentioned by his manager about the invitation yesterday and CNBlue will be back from Japan today. And when I ask him why he must be back just for the invitation he said that FNC agency will never say no to Emerald Group no matter what, and their artists schedules will be cancel if Emerald group need anything which is not always.” said Seohyun to the girls.

Do you want to know WHY?” ask Eunhyuk who without notice sit next to Hyeyeon.

How are you today? Miss me? You know you look so beautiful day after day, but can you spare me sometime. Please just go out with me?” ask Eunhyuk to Hyeyeon. Hyeyeon just smile and slap Eunhyuk arm.

Oh oppa, why you always say something that you don’t mean it?” said Hyeyeon with a small laugh.

Eunhyuk oppa, can you tell us WHY?” ask Seohyun to Eunhyuk which only been answer by a smile from Eunhyuk.

Do you really think that I will tell you Seohyunie. If Lee Shin wants someone know about certain part of him, he will tell but if he doesn’t want people to know the other part of him, you will never found it although you have been go through the internet. Whatever in the internet is just what he wants people know about him.” said Eunhyuk.

So how do you know about him?” ask Sunny.

Ask Taeyeonie, how she can know about him?” ask Eunhyuk back.

He just tells. But still sometime I still don’t understand him.” said Taeyeon.

Don’t worry, what he doesn’t tell, you will know from his action. By time you will understand him. He is someone who does anything for someone he cares. And I know what he did now, giving everyone holiday is not really for us but especially for you Taeyeon. He just doesn’t know how to do it in small scale. For normal rich people they maybe just make an arrangement for SNSD go for holiday but he not normal so he act like one. So like I said before the more he care for you the more it will kill him if something happen to you. Please don’t hurt him ok.” said Eunhyuk and start to stand up.

Oppa, why it will kill him if he cares someone so much?” ask Taeyeon in a whisper voice.

Someday, I will tell you.” said Eunhyuk to Taeyeon.

Please be my girl.” said Eunhyuk to Hyeyeon before he walk out the room with Donghae. Hyeyeon smile and shake her head.

Do you think that he really want you be his girlfriend?” ask Yuri to Hyeyeon.

He is player, Yuri. End the discussion.” said Hyeyeon.

I think we should be going to our practice room as well. We just have left two week for the concert.” said Taeyeon.

 

JYP Agency, in the meeting room.

I would like to tell you that you all get the invitation to New Emerald Hotel as a guest. So all your schedule this weekend will be cancel. I have been informed that car will be sending to pick you by Emerald Group this Friday morning. Make sure you all are ready when the car is coming. OK.” said Mr. Jeong Wook, JYP CEO.

Mr. Park Jin-young asks me to remind you all to behave because you all go there as a ambassadors for JYP. No scandal.” adds Mr. Jeong.

Are there any activities that already been schedules for us?” ask Yubin, Wonder Girls.

Are we all going?” ask Junsu, 2PM.

I don’t really know if you all have any activities or not but you all in here is in the list of people who are invited.” said Mr. Jeong.

 

 

YG Agency, in the meeting room.

Listen, I don’t want any scandal or anything that can be lead to that way. I don’t know what all of you will doing when you are there. They just give us the list of people who was been invited.” said Mr. Yang Hyun Suk, CEO.

Do we have to bring anything particular?” ask Taeyeang, Big Bang.

No, just bring for a holiday, you will be there for 4 days 3 nights. So have fun.” Said

 

The same meeting also been held at other agency such as Woolim Entertainment, Cube Entertainment, Starship Entertainment and other small agencies.

 

However, at the same time in Emerald Company main building

Mr. Lee, Miss Soo May is here. She doesn’t have any appointment with you but she said it important and it about your future.” said his secretary by intercom.

Just let her in.” answer Lee Shin. Then at that time, a beautiful young lady, Miss Soo May comes inside. She is really polite with the secretary a very difference from other heiresss that Lee Shin knows. She also has a very charming face. But of cause she is nothing compare to Taeyeon in Lee Shin eyes.

What can I help you, Miss Soo May?” ask Lee Shin when Miss Soo May take her sit in front of Lee Shin desk.

Can you just call me Soo May. I am sorry for the last time but I can’t do anything about it. I also been drag by my grandparents.” said Soo May.

It ok, Soo May shii.” said Lee Shin.

No, it not ok. You must do something.” said Soo May.

What? Is there anything happen to you?” ask Lee Shin.

It not just me, but you as well.” said Soo May.

Ok now, I still don’t understand what you trying to say. So, can you explain it to me.” said Lee Shin.

Oh, I am sorry. I though you already knows.” said Soo May.

I know nothing, so please start explain.” said Lee Shin.

Ok, you see, Jordan shii, I don’t want to marry you. I don’t want to marry someone who don’t or will never going in love with me. Before, I never care if it arrangement married. But you, because you told me myself that you already have someone you love make me thing that maybe I also can be with someone I love or love me in return. So, marry you is not my intention. But as you can see, although I am their only granddaughter they don’t think I can make any decision about my future. So I am here because I know you can do something to stop this arrangement that they already make for you and me.” explain Soo May.

What you mean this arrangement? Who making an arrangement?” ask Lee Shin.

Your grandfather and my grandfather. Oh Jordan shii, I beg you, please stop this. They already announce it to public that we are engage. I try to give reasons to my grandfather why I should not marry you. But my reason is so lame. I wish I have someone that I can bring to see my grandfather and told him that I was in love with that man, hmm, it could be nice if he also a chaebol.” explain Soo May in dreaming way.

Do you mean that we are engage? Why nobody tell me this? When they make the announcement?” ask Lee Shin.

I think they make announcement today. That is why I came to you so that you can help me to settle all this. Please, Jordan shii. Do something?” beg Soo May.

Stupid old man, he cannot do that. He doesn’t have any authority in my life. He just wants a business deal with your grandfather. Soo May shii, you don’t have to worry, I will settle all of this and take all the blame. So don’t worry ok.” said Lee Shin.

Oh, Jordan shii, I don’t want you take all the blame. I just want you to solve it by saying you and I only a friend no more than that and this engagement was never happen.” said Soo May.

If only that, why you have come to ask my help?” ask Lee Shin.

I ask your help because, I want you and I give them, I mean a reporter the same answers. I don’t want they think that we want to cover something or make it secret because they are no secret about it. I also have to think that by doing so; we will never hurt our grandparents feeling. As you can see, I hate when I do something that will hurt my grandparents. I love them very much.” said Soo May.

Ok, I will do what the best for you and I. Let say to them that we are just friend and I never think of you more than that and the rumor is not true. And I, not like you don’t love my grandparents so I will talk to them to stop all this nonsense.” said Lee Shin.

Oh, thank you. I know I can trust you with this. So can we be friend for real. I don’t really have a friend before and hmm, may be you can find someone who can take your place as my future groom. Any chaebol in your list?” said Soo May with a smile.

Yes we can be friend, thank you for not complicated the thing between us.” said Lee Shin.

Oh, I will never complicated others life. I hate to watch dramas which there are the third person in a main actor love life. It is being typical. Oh I wish someday I have someone who really fights for me. I really like Lee Min Ho the actor. Hmm, I wish there are chaebols out there who look like him. You know, I am not suppose to be friend with any boys so I don’t really know any man and I don’t have time to meet them as a friend I mean.” said Soo May. Lee Shin just smile, this girl is charming and she really talk so much.

You talk so much.” said Lee Shin.

Oh, I am sorry. I don’t mean too. It just I have so many to talk and my grandmother said it was bad for me. She said, I should not read so much and not dreaming so much as well. But as you can see, how could people not learning something or dreaming something. It make someone stupid if they just talking about something that they don’t really know or understand and for me if you don’t have knowledge in what you are going to say, it was much more better if you stop talking that making you look like a fool. Oh my, I talk so much again. I think we already solve our problem here and I think I should go now. Can we meet again next time as a friend.” said Soo May and start to stand up from her sit. Lee Shin just smiles and nods his head and at that moment, Mr. So rushing to Lee Shin office.

Oh I am sorry. I don’t know you have a visitor Mr. Lee.” said Mr. So.

It ok, I am going anyway.” said Soo May give a charming smile to Mr. So.

Hmm, I don’t think it wise for you to go Miss Soo May.” said Mr. So.

Why can’t I go?” said Soo May.

There are reporters all over in front the building. Mr. Lee, there are rumors that you are betrothed to Miss Soo May. So that is why I was rushing here Mr. Lee. I want to tell you that your grandfather make an announcement that both of you are betrothed to each other this morning and as I check he was at your great grandfather mansion. I have been informed that he has been summoned by your great grandfather because of the same issues.” explain Mr. So. There was chaos making by the reporters. It all because there are news that Emerald Company and Lee Group chaebol; Jordan Lee was engaged with Miss Soo May, the only heiress of Chang Group which conducts a shipping company for exports and imports. The rumors said that the engagement have been made and both person involved is truly in love with each others.

Ready my car, I will go to my great grandfather mansion as well. And please ready Miss Soo May car as well.” said Lee Shin and start walking fast to the elevator. Mr. So is on the phone make all the arrangement.

And tell the reporter that nothing happen between me and Miss Soo May. I’ll make press conference after I know what my grandfather is planning now.” said Lee Shin to Mr. So.

When they walk at the front door of the building, Lee Shin make sure that Soo May is safe inside her car and ask her driver to drive it carefully. And then he starts to drive to his great grandfather mansion. Never cross to his mind that the simple gesture he doing to Soo May to make sure she safe have been record by reporter and is on TV

 

 

When he arrive at his great grandfather mansion, he directly been shown to the living room which he not only be greeting by his great grandfather but almost the whole family.

We have been waiting for you, Lee Shin.” said his great grandfather.

How are you, great grandfather?” said Lee Shin and bow his head down a little.

I am fine, but I don’t think you are?” said his great grandfather.

I don’t know what to say, someone mess with my life which I don’t think I appreciated it.” said Lee Shin to his great grandfather.

Now, Sho-ming. Can you explain you self what is this all about? So that I can understand what is really going on.” said Lee Shin great grandfather to his grandfather.

There nothing to say, I just make an arrangement for his future with a beautiful lady which is charming and lovely. She will make a good wife for him. I don’t think there anything to argue it. She comes from a good family and she is the heiress for Chang Group. What more he want from a wife.” explain his grandfather.

If she so good, why doesn’t you marry her for yourself.” said Lee Shin.

She is too good for you. You should thank your grandfather for a good match for you. You are so ungrateful.” said his grandmother.

If she is too good for me, why you all so busy to make me her husband?” ask Lee Shin. His voice is still calm, although he was boiling with angers.

Her grandfather chooses you.” said her uncle with a hatred look.

But why in earth that you all really want me to be her husband. Do you all really have nothing to do so that why you want to mess up my life?” ask Lee Shin to his uncle. His great grandfather just sits there and listens to all the conversations.

Now, I don’t see any good reason for me to let you mess up my life, so I want all the rumors will be cleared today.” said Lee Shin.

You can’t do that. We already sign the deal. We cannot back it off just because you say you don’t want too.” said his uncle.

So now the reason is out. I know it must be something behind it, but do you think you can use my life as a deal.” said Lee Shin looking straight to his uncle.

This is my life; all of you have nothing to say in my life. Do I make it clear the last time that any deal you make to anyone by using me as an excuse is nothing to do with me. Do you really think that I care about your deals?” ask Lee Shin to his grandfather.

I am your grandfather, how dare you speak to me like that. You should be thankful for us because we find you a good bride.” said his grandfather who already raises his voice.

Tell me why I have too again?” Lee Shin asks and looks at his grandfather.

Because I am your grandfather and I said so.” said his grandfather.

I will not marry someone because you said so. I have nothing to lose in your deals. I don’t need any business deal to find a wife. This is my life, I will marry someone I love. And for your information I already have someone I love so much and I want to marry her.” said Lee Shin which give a shock to his family. His great grandfather just smile with a happy smile because Lee Shin always talk to him that someday he will find someone he love and marry her and that was the time he will find his happiness. This is the one and only thing that his great grandfather wants for him. He know how Lee Shin survive all this time, lack of love from his parents when he was young, hurt by something that only Lee Shin know what when he was young (this is because Lee Shin never share anything in his past to his great grandfather but his great grandfather has know all this think from Lee Shin loyal and old servant who now become his friend), how Lee Shin work so hard and never once stop to play although he was a rich young man, and he also know how Lee Shin keep everything in him although sometime he wish Lee Shin can just say it out what really his nightmare to him because he know how sometime Lee Shin cried or asking for help in his sleep when he was young.

What? You already have a girlfriend. Who she is? What her family is doing? I will not accept anyone in my family?” said his grandmother to no one particular.

Hmm, what are you afraid of. She will never be in your family because she will be my wife and it mean she was going to be my family. And as you know I never need your acceptance.” said Lee Shin.

Father, please say something. The girl we choose is so good and it not just a business deal. She was my friend granddaughter. He cannot just do what he wants. It make him more arrogant and haughty. Someone must stop him.” said his grandmother to his great grandfather and then to his husband, my grandfather.

Who is this girl you are talking about?” ask his uncle.

Do I have to tell you who she is? I don’t think so.” said Lee Shin.

I heard everything already. Sho-ming, I don’t know what give you an idea to make arrangement for Lee Shin without his concern and I want you to stop it now. I don’t care what deal you already make but I don’t like you to used Lee Shin as your excuses in your business deal.” said his great grandfather.

But father..” said his grandfather.

No but, I told you to leave him alone a long time ago but why you just not listen. He is not your deal and as you know he have nothing to lose with you. His business is nothing to do with you and please keep in your mind that because of him you can still do your business.” said his great grandfather.

No, we can do our business because we are good, grandfather. His start to decrease using our service this past months.” said his uncle.

Of cause I have to decrease, you want to take advantage in me. You asking so much and the value you put is not acceptable.” Explain Lee Shin.

Do you think you can find another company who want to do the job.” said his uncle.

Don’t you think that I can do that business my own?” Lee Shin replied.

Don’t you dare?” said his uncle.

So next time, don’t you ever use family to get advantage on me, and same go to my future.” said Lee Shin.

I think it enough. Sho-ming. I want you take back all the rumors you starts. And I am too tired, I need to take my rest now.” said his great grandfather. Everyone start to standup when his great grandfather standup.

Lee Shin, next time tell me about this girl you mention.” said his great grandfather.

I will sir.” said Lee Shin and bid his great grandfather goodbye by bowing his head a little. His grandfather also walks out with his wife with a hatred shown in his face when he looks at Lee Shin.

I will make sure you will suffer from your arrogant. You will never found your happiness; I will do anything that you can’t ever imagine. Take good care for someone you love, I will make sure she also suffer from this. Mark my word” said his uncle with an evil grins.

Don’t you dare touch her, or I will kill you.” said Lee Shin to his uncle. But his uncle just left with his evil grin.

 

That night at other place, Taeyeon was lying on her bed when she got a phone call.

Hello appa, how are you?” said Taeyeon answering her phone.

I am fine but where are you?” ask her father.

I was at home. Why?” ask Taeyeon.

go and watch news on TV now. It is about your boyfriend. They say that he already betrothed to someone.” said his father and end his call.

WHAT?” said Taeyeon and run to living room. Taking the remote from yuri who watching a drama on TV. Taeyeon than change the channel to the news channel and there are pictures of him and a girl. She is beautiful.

Everyone in the living room now concentrate looking at the TV. No one say a word. At that time Taeyeon phone is ringing and this time when she look at the caller ID, it was from Lee Shin.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

Hi readers,

Thanks for reading my story. I hope you enjoy it until now. If you like the story pls leave a comment behind or subscribe the story.

 

LOVE YOU ALL.

AILYNN