My Story.....Begin....

100 days Boyfriend

 

New York, US Years 1996

    

A very handsome young boy just sits at a bench in front of a big mansion. He wears a black tuxedo and a blue necktie. He looks so proud and arrogant but still people around him feel pity for the young boy. Why?  Because today he lost his parents due to a car accident. Jordan Anthony Ashbourne Lee or Lee Shin the only child and descendant of a rich and big Ashbourne Lee Company which are own many five star hotel names Emerald Hotel around the world and also the owner of three big Emerald Shopping Complex which are located at three big city in US (New York, Washington and California).

 

“Young Master, it time. They all waiting for you sir at a library.” an old butler who was always there for him said.

“Thank you.”Jordan looks at his butler. “Do you be there as well Matthew?” I ask him. In my heart I really hope he will come with me but I know it impossible, he just my butler. He looks at my eyes and gives me his sad smile.

“I am sorry sir; I don't think it proper sir.”

“Hmm, I see. Then I must go and thank you Matthew for everything.”

Matthew looks at his young master, how this young child looks so mature. He should still go running around and playing like a normal kid should do. How in his heart he always wish that one day his young master will find his happiness.

 

I walk down the corridor to the library; I know what will happen in there. I always been remind by my father and mother that one day I will be the owner of Emerald Company, but not once it cross my mind that it come too early. They always ask me to excel in my study and always ask me to be mature from my age. I don't really have friends because I am not allowed to. I always been left alone and now they left me forever. That why I don't shed any tears when I lost both of them because I don't think I am allowed that too.

 

“Oh, here is Mr. Jordan.” said a loyal friend of my father and also a lawyer of my father company, Mr. Lois or for me he is Uncle Lois.

I look around and find a couple of new faces. I never saw them before. Maybe there are my father and mother relative. I don't really know my father and my mother relative. They never have time to talk about it. I also barely knew my parents so how could I know their relative.

“Sorry for the waiting. I think you can start now Mr. Lois.” I said directly to the lawyer and sit at a armchair that near the doors.

“OK than. I will read the will and I hope everyone can listen carefully for what I will said here today.” He looks around and last look straight at me. He talk all about the illegal term and why it all who come here must agreed to the term because it already bind according to the laws.

“And lastly, to the only son of Mr. and Mrs Lee, Mr. Jordan Anthony Ashbourne Lee.” He waits for me to look at him, and continue when our eyes make a connection.

“All the properties such as lands and houses, the shares and any properties which under the company named Emerald Company and also shares in others company which have under the name of Mr. and Mrs Lee will be transfer to Mr. Jordan directly. Although, Mr. Jordan is still 10 years old child he ownership will be manage by his great grandfather, Mr. Lee Ming Choi and Mr. Lee Ming Choi will bring back Mr.. Jordan back to his home country which is Korea and all the management of the Emerald company will be conduct there. Also for the others shares in the others company as long as the other company make a profit it will be there and all the profit will go to Mr. Jordan personal Treasury bond and Mr. Jordan can take it out when he is 17 years old.” He stops and looks around. Nobody say a word and everyone start look at me some with a pity eyes and some with disgust. I don't really understand why some of them hate me because I don't really know them.

“Does anyone here want to ask something before I close this will.” ask Mr. Lois.

“Mr. Lois, sir. Which one is my great grandfather?” I ask him directly.

“Oh! sorry. I forget to tell you that your great grandfather will waiting for you at Korea. He cannot make it here but you will be accompanied by his special guard Mr.. Kang which already here, I assume.”

“Sir, can I ask a permission to bring back some my family loyal servant to Korea as well.” I ask him.

“Oh, off cause you can Mr. Jordan. It up to you who you want to bring. And as I have been given the notice beforehand that you already have a mansion there as well given by your great grandfather. As he mention it to me when I said if I can ask anyone to find you your own properties there.” Mr. Lois explain it to me.

“So I think that it all. Thanks for all of your time. And Mr. Jordan can you left behind, I have something that need your sign.”

 

When it only left me and Mr. Lois, he sits at a big sofa and asks me to sit next to him.

“Jordan, I know that you a strong boy. But if you need anything, anything just calls me. I was you father best friend, without him I'm nobody. So I want you to trust me, just like your father trust me, but still only me not my family or my friends cause me also don't trust them. I will try my best to take care all your properties and profits here. So please just enjoy your childhood just like others kid as I know you never have it because I watch you grow up Jordan. I know your father and mother treat you like an adult but please still make a memory as a child in Korea ok. I don't really know your great grandfather but I hope you can find love from him that you cannot found it with your parents. I love you Jordan, you know that don't you. And One day we will meet again and that day I will work down you. I know you will make it son. I know.” Mr. Lois looks at me and holds my hand before he stands up and walks to the door. In my heart I also know that I will make it.

 

 Seoul, Korea Years 1996

 

 

I look around at theIncheon International Airport, it was big and everyone speak in Korean here. How can I manage?I don't know any Korean words. Although I know my father is Korean but I never once heard he speak that language. I look at my Butler, Mr.Matthew and my cook, Mr.s Buntley and my personal driver Mr.James. Although I don't really need them because all of them are too old, but for me three of them is my family. I grow with them. I spent more time with them than my own parents. I don't think I can left them behind. I will talk to my great grandfather about them. Maybe ask him to let them be beside me as a companion and he can find another person to do all the core. It time for them to have a long vacation.

 

“Mr.Jordan, your transportation is here. But, your worker will be directly go to your mansion and you have to go and meet your great grandfather now. I am sorry Mr.Jordan, I know you a bit tired but I just do according to the plan.” Mr.Kang look at me and asking for forgiveness. I just smile at him.

“It ok,  Mr.Kang. You just doyour work. I don't mind at all and I am just a little bit tired but I can manage it.” This is my specialty;I don't get mad to my workers. I know they just do their works. I never haveany tantrum to them. For me, it was cruelty if you make them work for extra term that is to make you happy. But my parents don’tthink that is good for me. They don't want me to pity the workers. For them it was stupid act to be pity to your workers. They ask me to act like a spoil bred but in the same time be polite to they so call friend. So I don't act polite to their so call friends but act so arrogant and proud in front them. I talk when I just want too not when they ask me, and I don't greet them if I meetthem in the corridor. But those acts makemy parents love me. They think that I am really that kind of person but to be truesit not at all.

“Mr.Matthew, Mrs.Buntley and Mr.James, I will meet you all at the mansion. Just take a rest and you can start your work tomorrow.” I smile at three of them. I know they love me that why their agree to come to this foreign country with me.

“Thanks you, young master.” I look at them going to their van.

“Mr.Jordan, may we.” Mr.Kang said and looksat me. I nod my head.

 

A couple of minute later, inside the car.

 

“Mr.Kang, can I ask you a couple of question.” I ask Mr.Kang which now sit at front beside the driver.

“Oh, yes. Of cause you can Mr.Jordan.” He looksat me and wait for my question.

“Why it is my great grandfather not my grandfather that will take care of me. Does it mean that I don't have grandfather?Do I have any other relative here Mr.Kang.” I ask him directly.

“Oh that I cannot answer for you Mr.Jordan. And your grandfather is still alive. You can ask this question to your great grandfather when you meet him. I think he will answer that question of you. And as we talk about your family, Mr.Jordan. I think right now you will meet them all.”He said. I nod my head and start to look around just to waste my time.

 

 

After a while, driver stops a car in front of the big gate. He askspermission to enter, than I saw the gate open. Then he starts to drive again and this time I can see a house. It a big wooden Korean house with some modern touch. Mr.Kang run to my door side and open the door for me.

“We are here Mr.Jordan. Let we meet your family.”Mr.Kang said and gives me his encouragement smile. I nod and step out from the car.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    In front the house there are a a line of workers to greet me. They all bow down their head when I just walk past them to go inside the house. I heard a whisper among them but I don't understand them at all. I do as my parent teach me, I don't smile.

 

I walk beside Mr.Kang and only stop in front of a wooden door. Mr.Kang knocks the door and wait for the answer from inside. Then he opens the door and asks me to go first. When I am inside the room, I saw there are a couple of older people, a man and two woman which I assume they are same age as my father maybe there are my uncle and aunties. A woman with a baby. A young teenagers boy and two girls and  also a boy age younger than me, maybe around 7 or 8 years old. All of them sit at the big and beautiful sofa which around the coffee table and one old man that I assume as my great grandfather because he sit himself at the head of coffee table.

 

Everyone look at me, the older couple just look at me. The older man look mad and his wife I assume look at me with disgust. Then a man and two woman look at me with disgust as well accept a woman with a baby look at me with a sad smile. The teenagers look like they don't want to be here. And a boy just sits there and looks at me with curious in his face. But my great grandfather smile at me.

 

“Don't you know how to greet people especially the elders.” said an older woman.

I look at Mr.Kang for the translation. He translate it for me and I look back at the woman and said

“Do I have to? I don't know who you are and I don't bow my head to someone who don't deserve my respect.” Mr.Kang looks at me with a shock but still with a low voice he translates it back to my so call family. The older man standup and shout at me  

“How dare you not respect your own grandparents? You spoil bred and you ...”

The older woman face look shock and I can see her anger but I have been through all this as I grow with my parents. Nothing scared me.

“Enough! You sit down” My great grandfather look at his son. His son obeys his command and sits back at his sit.

“Come here young man, sit beside me.” he ask in English. I come beside him and look at him and due to respect I nod my head and pull out my hand to shake his hand. He smiles at me and pulls his hand and shakes it.

“Nice to meet you sir, I hope I don't give you any trouble at all.” ThenI sit at the chair he appointed to me.

“Hmm, Let me introduce you to your family. This here is your grandfather and his wife. She is not your real grandmother. Your grandmother that is my only daughter is death at her young age. Here is their son and daughters and their grand children. And this one here with a baby is your auntie, your father only sister and her son. Her husband death in a car accident a couple month ago and now she live with me. So the baby is your dongsaeng. Take care of him as your own brother. He only has you. His mother doesn’t have any say in your grandfather family. I know you will take care of him. Mr.Kang already mention to me about how you take care all your workers that mean a family to you. I will take some time to meet them. I agree with your condition that they come here for a long vacation. I think they can be my friend. I need some friend you know for my old days.”He looks at me with smile and hope in his eyes.

“Father what you are talking. Can't you speak in Korean? We don't really understand a word you said and we still here if you still remember us.” said my grandfather.

“Hmm, I just introduce you guy to him so that he knows who you are. But as you see he don't really care. And I don't care he care or not about you guys." He said it in Korean again and I look at Mr.Kang for a translation. But before Mr.Kang say anything,

“And you young man. You need to start learn Korean cause you will live here for all your life.”

 

And from that day, my life in Korea starts.