MEET CHAEBOL FRIENDS

100 days Boyfriend

CHAPTER 16

 

“Mr. Lee, today you have couples of meeting. This morning you have to visit our hotel and meet the managers and conduct the inspection. Then you have a lunch meeting with your grandfather and then you have board director and shared holder meeting at 3.00 pm at SBS and also tonight you have an invitation to attend annual dinner from KM Company.” Mr. So explains the schedules for Lee Shin.

“Why I have a lunch meeting with my grandfather?” ask Lee Shin.

“I don’t know sir. He asks the appointment two weeks before and I cannot say no to him, sir.” explain Mr. So.

“Why can’t you say anything to him? I paid you not him.” said Lee Shin.

“I know sir, but he said it was important meeting. I already ask him but he said it was a family meeting.” explain Mr. So.

“Always remember this Mr. So. There will no family meeting with my grandfather. But for today I will meet him. But don’t make any arrangement with my grandfather without my concern.” Lee Shin said. Mr. So nods his head. But the problem is Lee Shin grandfather is a cunning man. He always has his way to convince Mr. So that the meeting between he and his grandson (Lee Shin) is always important.

“And for tonight invitation, please give them my regard. You know I don’t like to go any function.” said Lee Shin. Mr. So nods his head.

“What about SBS board director and shared holder meeting? Do you will attend it sir?” asks Mr. So.

“I will this time. So please call the others. And make it big. You know if I call them it mean big. Call SBS said we all will attend the meeting.” command Lee Shin. Mr. So understand it very well, because Lee Shin and the others is not always come to any board meeting although their name on it. They always send their representative to attend the meeting. And if all of them come to the meeting it really mean BIG.

“And one more thing I want to tell you that now I have a girlfriend. So please make sure there will no scandal around me.” said Lee Shin.

“Oh, can I know who the lucky lady sir?” ask Mr. So.

“Of cause you have to know because I need you to send some security guard to guard around her house. I don’t want any paparazzi or anyone who suspicious around her or any of her group.” Lee Shin said. Mr. So nod his head and wait for his director to tell him who the girl.

“She was Kim Taeyeon, SNSD leader. You must know her already so please make sure she always safe.” explain Lee Shin.

“Oh, I like her. I never thought that you and her.” said Mr. So.

“Why? Do you think I am not good enough for her?” ask Lee Shin.

“Oh no, I just want to say that she is a lucky girl, sir.  So, you want me to put a security around SNSD apartment. But don’t you think it will look weird if we put a post guard there sir.” said Mr. So.

“I don’t care if it looks weird. What I care is her safety.” said Lee Shin.

“Ok sir, I will do it right now. However, when will you go for the hotel inspection sir?” said Mr. So.

“I will go there right now.” said Lee Shin. Mr. So walks out from Lee Shin office and start make a call to various persons. He first calls the guard car to ready. He then calls the hotel management office to inform them that Lee Shin will be there in a couple of minute. He also then call the security manager to put some group of guard to in charge the security around the SNSD building. The security manager wants to know why they have to do that, so Mr. So just inform him that it was from their director command and he also ask that the security manager must find the group of guard who don’t talk around what happen when they guard the building. With this small information, the security manager understands that not only they will secure the building but they must secure the story around the building. He also calls the others chaebol secretary to inform them that Lee Shin asks them to attend the SBS shared holder meeting. They only 5 chaebols and they are Lee Shin friends. They were young chaebols who do their family business but then in same time trust Lee Shin and put their name as a shared holder and became a board director in SBS. Although they just have a small amount of shared but for them the meeting at SBS as a board director and shared holder is like a gathering. They were class mate at school and became friend because at that time they only have each other who understand their well being and they also act similarly as a chaebol from a rich family in Korea accept Lee Shin is more arrogant and superior. Then, Mr. So call SBS to inform them that all 6 chaebol will come so please make it BIG, it mean more guard, more after tea meeting, more attendant, more publicity and more people involve. Mr. So know the SBS manager will have a fit right now because he have to do it last minute but it was an honor to have all this chaebol come. It means more income later on.

Than a couple minute later Lee Shin out from his office and followed by Mr. So. His car is already waiting for him when he walking to the front door of Emerald Building. He then drives his car with Mr. So followed him with a guard in the other car behind his car. When he first gets his car license he stops using a driver but still he ask the driver to follow him with others car behind him. First it look weird why Lee Shin insist the driver follow him around but not as his driver but a driver for other car which will follow his car. Inside the driver car, two guards will follow him and also Mr. So.  Sometime, Lee Shin will be followed more than one car. This always happen when he needs to go for a board meeting or public area, which the others car was full of his bodyguard to cover him from any reporter or paparazzi. It was necessary for his safety. And he don’t have a problem with that because he live with all the guard around him accept when he ask them to live him alone.

That morning, Lee Shin goes around his hotel and then looks at all the reports that have been waiting for him to conform. He listen the manager reporting to him all the problem that appear in the hotel management and also hotel guest problems. He also ask the manager to recruit more workers and also list down the entire workers name that want to be transfer to the Emerald new hotel which using a concept of traditional Korean Palace. The hotel will be launch end of the month. So it is really a busy month for Lee Shin. Then at lunch, he goes meet his grandfather for a lunch meeting. When he walks inside the restaurant, the waiter show him where his grandfather. They then stand in front a door and the waiter knock slowly so that the guest inside the room will acknowledge their present. When the door open, Lee Shin were notice that inside the room there were not only his grandfather but also his step grandmother and also one elders couple and a young girl. Lee Shin greets them just to show some manner to the guest.

“Oh, Lee Shin you are here? Come sit here.” said his step grandmother who act like they are close to him. He knows something is fishy with his grandmother. But still he obeys and sits next to his grandmother.

“I think the introduction should be made.” said Lee Shin grandmother. The others couples just smile and nod their head.

“This is our grandson, Jordan Lee or family often call him Lee Shin. And Lee Shin, I would like you to meet Mr. Chang and his wife and also their granddaughter, Miss Soo May.” said his grandmother who conduct the introduction.

“It was nice to meet you young man. Your grandmother talks proudly about you. And you are really handsome don’t you think May.” said Mrs Chang. Lee Shin sees the girl nod her head and give him a smile. He then understands what his grandmother is doing.

“I never thought she can speak proudly about me.” said Lee Shin which put a confuse smile on Mrs Chang face.

“Oh he likes to joke around.” said Lee Shin grandmother to cover the situation.

 “What are you doing in your life Mr. Chang.” ask Lee Shin bluntly.

“Oh my.” said Mr. Chang.

“Lee Shin, please show some respect to the elders.” said his grandfather.

“Oh, it is ok. I own a Shipping company for exports and imports.” Mr. Chang answer. Now Lee Shin got his answer. His grandfather always like to used him as a business deal and although it never the first but this is the first time they want to make deal using his status as a bachelor.

“I am sorry Mr. Chang, whatever a deal you are going to make with my grandfather is not my concern and he doesn’t have any authority in my life. So, please understand that I don’t have any attachment with him especially my life. He just happens to be my grandfather and that it, no more than that.” said Lee Shin.

“Lee Shin, how dare you say something like that to our guests.” said his grandmother acting like she are shock. Lee Shin just smiles annoying to the situation and then he standup.

“Lee Shin, sit down and apologies to our guest.” said his grandfather.

 “I am sorry; I don’t think I need to be participating in this lunch. I have so many works to do, and I don’t have time for a chit chat. Don’t make a deal using me cause I have enough.” said Lee Shin and walk away from the room. He then sees that the young girl also stands up and try to follow him out of the room.

“How dare you don’t respect my grandparents. They just come and have a lunch. Is that too much?” said Miss Soo May.

“I am sorry, but for your information, I never once respect anyone who using others as a business deal. And I not only disrespect your grandparents but mine as well. So don’t be bother because I am not someone who cared what others are thinking. And one more thing, for your information I already have a girlfriend so please whatever they said of me inside there will never happens.” said Lee Shin and walk away from the restaurant. Miss Soo May just looks at him with a boiling rage. She then back to her grandparent room and in time listens to the conversation between her grandparent and Lee Shin grandparent.

“He was a spoil child so, we are sorry for the troubles and please forgive us for his rudeness.” said Lee Shin grandfather.

“Don’t worry, in time he will be a good gentleman.” said her grandmother.

“He was a successful young man. He will be a good husband someday. And when it happen, we hope he will choose your beautiful granddaughter and hope we can be more than friends.” said Lee Shin grandmother smile.

“I know, he not ready for any commitment but of cause, we should try again next time.” said her grandfather, Mr. Chang and she can see that Lee Shin grandfather smile and nod his head. Miss May then knock the door and sit back at her sit next to her grandmother.  She know that she doesn’t have choice because she have been told that her life especially her marriage deal will be a business deal and that the only way she can help her family business to run. She think that she was lucky because her grandparent choose someone who not only rich but handsome although he was arrogant and rude. But she want them to know that it cannot be happens between her and Lee Shin because Lee Shin clearly said that he already have someone in his life. But as usual she just shut .

 

On the other hand, Lee Shin was boils with rage. He then drives his car and goes to SBS main building. When he arrived at the building, he sees many reporters were already assembling in the lobby of the building. He then stops his car in the front door of the building but waiting for Mr. So to open the door for him. His bodyguard ready waiting for him to step out from his car. When he is out from his car, he whisper something to Mr. So.

“Please bring me a sandwich. I still not have my lunch.” said Lee Shin. Mr. So nod his head to show his understanding.

 

There were so many flashes from camera to snap his photo. It must be announce that he will attend the meeting which is not always. And it become more hectic because his business members who also a board director and shared holder for SBS also will attend the meeting. This so call members was the famous young chaebol in Korea. They not only famous but also handsome and it make them get more attention from reporter and public. He then walks a few steps when car stop at the front door of SBS building as well. He then gives a smile when he sees one of his chaebol friends just arrive. He waiting for him and when his friend was stand in front of him, he gives his friend a warm hug.

“It was such long time, Yeogyung. How are you?” said Lee Shin.

 

“I am fine, how about you? I wonder who call the reporters about us attend this meeting.” said Yeogyung with smile, who was one of the richest chaebol in Korea and his family involve in art business and have an art expedition building. He was a cool guy and Lee Shin and he has been friend seen school years because they was in the same class, but because of busyness, they don’t really have time to meet. At that time, two cars has stop in front of the building. Both of them look at the arriving members. It was Imchun and Hoihoon.

 

Both of them were best friend seen school years. And both of them are also a class mate with Lee Shin and Yeogyung. The reporters don’t waste time to catch a photo of all of them at the same time accept Kimjeong who as usual will late.

Imchun was a chaebol of restaurant business and Hoihoon was a chaebol of the electronic device business. And Kimjeong was a chaebol of business involve of making a woman cloth. After a warm reunion, they walk inside the building to the meeting room.

In the same time at the other side of SBS building, many artists were walk in and out to and from the building. Some artists who were just arrived a little bit confuse with all the reporters who stand outside the building. They ask their manager what happen because the reporters seem like not give any attention to the artists. The manager who already been notified by SBS told them it is because the reporters are from business magazine or business news. And for that the manager ask them to look very carefully who the person that reporters spots because that person can give a big impact to the artists.

 “Hyung, I know who he is?” said Son Dongwoon from beast.