Chapter Thirteen

Super Junior Gangs

Kim Kibum was not a stupid man. Graduating top of his class with a sharp eye for detail, the young detective was the first choice made to be in the Seoul police department. It was also clear, with his sharp eye and keen knowledge that he was well adapt for the homicide detective field. Everything that has happened to him was a part of a plan he created in his younger days. He always knew he wanted to be a detective. He loved watching crime fighting shows where the main character used his brains and not brawns to win his matches. So he paid extra attention to the mock cases they showed in class. When the class moved onto the current gang wars, he found himself extremely fascinated with both the M and T gangs. He felt he could be that one person who could bring both groups to justice.

So right after he graduated he went straight into the Seoul police department and applied for the job. And was soon hired. The first case he was brought on was the Chung-su murder, and that was the first time he met his partner Kim Jongwoon too. He knew who Jongwoon was well before meeting the man at the crime site. He respected the older man greatly and looked forward in the opportunity with working with the man. He could tell right away the man was not amused with getting a new partner and someone as young and fresh as Kibum. But Kibum was determined to show him wrong.

He had expected the man to launch himself straight into the case without sparing the younger even a glance. So imagine his surprise when instead Jongwoon offered to get him a cup of coffee and left the crime scene. Kibum understood the point though. Without any other evidence they were standing there doing nothing. So he followed the other silently.

Shinee Café. A colorfully designed place where men younger than him worked. He was completely bewildered in the fact that someone as respectable as Jongwoon was a frequent guest in that particular place. But he had to agree with the detective, the coffee really was the best he has ever had. Now if only the cliental was better…

The moment he saw the same frame of Kim Ryeowook he reacted. It was the first time he ever saw any members of any of the two gangs. If Jongwoon hadn't grabbed his arm he didn’t know what he would do. He was even more surprised to see Lee Sungmin enter next. Two members from two notorious gangs were in arm's length from him. This was the perfect moment to bring them down, but Jongwoon prevented it from happening. In fact he was downright with actions.

It was the first time Kibum saw such a reaction from the detective. He was surprised and extremely confused as to why the detective  was so defensive of this place. It seemed very odd for a man who was in charge of capturing the two gangs was protecting them in this café.

And then he found out that the Shinee Café was neutral territory. Of course he freaked out from that as well but even he wasn’t daring enough to go against Jung Yunho or the famous TVXQ gang.

Jung Yunho, whom even the police listened to lest they want to find themselves dead because of   the assassin called Kim Jaejoong. So Kibum could somewhat understand why Jongwoon keep his word in keeping Shinee a neutral territory. But that didn’t mean he liked it.

Because he was having a hard time trusting his new partner's thought process. And now the older man was avoiding Shinee like a plague. And was not giving any clue as to why. Which bothered the younger man deeply. Because it meant there was something that happened that the man was keeping a tight lid on and that was suspicious. Kibum wanted to know what happened but with the current murder case they were on and now the five gang members found dead at the Han River, Kibum had his hands full.

And so Kim Kibum was not a stupid man, but he was also not the brightest man either. Hence why he decided to go barging into Shinee Café without his partner. Slamming open the entry door he strolled in like one of those bad cops he has seen in the movies. Everyone in the shop jumped in fright at his dramatic entrance and that gave him a boost of confidence for his next plan. Scanning the brightly colored room he was pleased to see at least one member of the two gangs currently inside.

Sitting at a booth near a window was the one called Choi Siwon. Kibum only knew him by name and picture from his records but he was not going to be afraid of the man. Strolling over to the man confidently he placed himself next to the table. Taking a moment to glance over the man he was able to see that Siwon was a handsome man like his picture shown. And, interestingly enough, the man was currently reading from a catholic bible. Kibum took this into account as he cleared his throat. Siwon glanced up at him calmly.

"Choi Siwon?" He question as calmly as possible.

"Yes?" The man replied politely.

"Detective Kim Kibum, Seoul Police." Kibum explained as he showed the man his badge. "May I sit?"

"It’s a free country detective. Something you men do so well in keeping up with." Siwon replied calmly.

Kibum bit back a remark to that as he took a seat across from the gang member. The two men stared at each other quietly for a moment and around them the rest of the café held their breath in concern. They all knew who Kibum was, and this was the first time the young detective was at their little café without Jongwoon keeping tabs on him.

"So, Kibum-shi, what brings a respectable man like you over to these parts." Siwon opened up for conversation.

"Would you like me to feed some bull about being in the area and deciding to stop by for a drink or just get to the point?"

Siwon raised his eyebrows at this and Kibum found the sight to be rather amusing. But he held his expression to indifferent. He needed to show no emotions when dealing with the gang member. Folding his hands calmly in front of him he leaned forward and spoke quietly.

"I know you gang is responsible for the murder at the Han River." He said lightly. "I may not know who it was in your gang or why you felt the need to attack another gang. But I know it was you. And I will bring you all down. And nothing, not even God will protect you from the law when I bring it down on you."

Siwon's face closed off and his eyes darkened. Kibum began to see the violent man under the mask but held his calm. To be honest he didn’t know if M was responsible for the MBLAQ murders it was a mere bluff. If any T members were in the café he would have said the same thing, but he did it to get a reaction. And by the looks of it, there was one.

"You must feel rather daring without Jongwoon-shi here to hold you back. But it doesn’t matter, the law is something you may try to hold up but you have no evidence proving your claims at me. So I would step aside detective because death may be knocking at your door."

Kibum leapt to his feet and reach across the table. Grabbing Siwon by the shirt he yanked him close, bending the man uncomfortably across the table. There was a fury in his eyes that he never felt before.

"You think you are invincible? You all act like you are above the law and you may do as you wish. But guess what, you are nothing but criminals. Got it? Nothing but filthy criminals who I will gladly bring to justice. You read your bible all you want but it won't change a damn thing. I will bring you all down. Every last damn criminal who pollute my streets.  So watch yourself Choi Siwon. Because you will slip one day and I will be there to put the handcuffs on."

Kibum released the man and pushed him back into his seat. Straightening his jacket he gave a curt nod to the other before leaving the table. The other occupants of the café, as well as the Shinee boys, watched him with intense and focused eyes but no one attempted to stop the detective. He strolled out of the café with the same confidence as he entered with. He walked a few feet with his head up and eyes intense until he pasted a local bookstore. Going to the side of it he emptied his stomach along the outer-wall.

"…" Kibum muttered under his breath as he wiped his mouth. "I thought he would have killed me for that…"

Kibum shuddered to himself before leaving his spot. He may have just threatened an inner circle member of the M Gang but that didn’t mean he would let the fear get to him. He decided it was his calling to hunt these men down and that is what he was going to do. He just needed more time, and hope he wasn’t killed for his little stunt.

By Siwon or Jongwoon who will probably be furious when he finds out what his new partner just did.