Chapter Twenty Three

Super Junior Gangs

It was a quiet night. The weather was cool but not freezing cold and there was a light breeze in the air. Ryeowook stood along a series of crates at the docks waiting for their contact to arrive. Next to him stood Siwon and Han Geng, and their leader was sitting on the crate, his gaze upwards. Ryeowook wasn’t paying too much attention to his surroundings as his hands fiddled with his cell phone. He didn't check for any messages but it still made him uneasy when he wasn’t holding it. It had been a couple of days since he last spoke and saw Jongwoon and he wondered if the detective was already regretting their arrangement. He rotated the phone in his hands a few times as he contemplated this.

"Wook-ah." Donghae's voice cut into his thoughts.

"Neh, hyung?" Ryeowook replied as he looked at the leader.

The older man was actually not looking at him but was staring at the sky. There were a few clouds but the group still had a perfect view of the stars and the moon. The moon was just beginning to be more than just a silvery curve in the sky. It was obvious that the leader was interested in the moon than anything else up there.

"When is the next full moon?" The leader asked curiously.

"Um…I believe in two in a half weeks." The other replied as he thought about it. "Why?"

"Just curious."

"The full moon is the same day as Yunho's party." Han Geng added to the conversation. "I remember checking the date and seeing that in the corner."

"Just my luck." Donghae muttered under his breath.

If any of them wanted to inquire about the comment they did not have the opportunity. As for the people they were waiting for had finally arrived. A black car pulled up to the trio and out came two burly men. A third man sat behind the wheel of the car as well. The two men observed the group before one opened the door and a fourth man came out. The fourth man older than the other three and was dressed smartly and had an air of arrogance about him. Ryeowook was tempted to roll his eyes as the man straighten up his tie and approached them. He was the very definition of a slime ball.

"Donghae-shi, what a pleasant night." The man said with a smile.

"Jiwoon-shi." Donghae replied with a nod as he hopped off the crate. "So what did you want to speak about?"

"Always straight to the point. You are not one for small talk." The other said with a soft click of his tongue. "That is bad manners in the business world."

"I don’t care for small talk with small fry." Donghae explained with a smirk.

The man bristled at his obvious insult. But he took a breath to calm his anger and gave another greasy smile.

"Business it is then." He said. "You see Donghae-shi I seemed to have run into a little financial bind. We have not been doing well with our imports as of late. There has been a lack of demand for it."

"You mean the drugs you sell have not been selling." Donghae summarized. "Well that is not surprising, I hear you have been getting your supply from Taiwan again. You know they are not as potent as the Chinese substance."

"Yes well the Taiwanese have a much cheaper cost for their stuff."

"Not surprised you prefer the cheap route." Han Geng said at this point. Ryeowook snickered softly at this. It was no secret that the number two was not fond of the man. Sleazy is the word that best described him.

"I'm a business man, I have to make a profit." The man defended himself. "Not that you would understand that you foreigner."

"Can't I just shoot him now?" Han Geng asked in Chinese.

"Not yet. I still need to know exactly what he wants." Donghae countered. "But then yes, we will kill him."

Han Geng nodded to this and keep his peace. The business man was obviously perturb by their conversation that he couldn’t follow. He was growing more and more annoyed by this group.

"What exactly do you want from me Jiwoon." Donghae asked after a moment. "I am losing my patient with your dancing around."

"Very well. Since my sales are going down I need to thin out the competition."

"Thin out the competition?"

"Yes, rumor has it that the MBLAQ gang is one of the leading suppliers of and heroin. With the recent unrest they are having with 2PM this would be a perfect time to swoop in and take them out. That is why I called you. I want you to eliminate MBLAQ."

There was a silence as they all stared at him. Donghae frowned deeply at this. The other members there were also stern faced about the man's proposal.

"You want me to declare war against the MBLAQ?" Donghae repeated slowly.

"Well more like assassinate them. They won't know what hit them."

"You've gone mad Jiwoon. Even if they are in a rift between other gangs it does not mean we should go in and blindly attack them. I'm not risking any of my men for this."

"You suddenly a coward Donghae? I thought you were not one to walk away from a fight?" The man taunted him.

Donghae looked as if he was going to attack but a voice in his ear stopped him. He turned his head slightly to the side as the voice began to speak.

"Donghae-hyung, its Kyuhyun. I hacked into the system as you asked. You were right, they did steal from our suppliers. We are short at least two crates worth." Kyuhyun spoke into the ear piece he was wearing. There was a slight echo of static from their connection based off of distance and location but Donghae heard him just fine.

Donghae hummed to say he was listening.

"And yes, the crates are the ones you guys are so casually leaning against."

"Thought so." Donghae said with a smirk.

"Thought so what?" Jiwoon asked in confusion.

"That you are nothing more than a lying stealing piece of ." Donghae said as his smirk turned more shark like. "Tisk, tisk, Jiwoon. You dare steal from me?"

"What are you talking about?" The man asked, suddenly growing nervous.

"I mean not all your supplies were from Taiwan, were they? You have been dabbing into my own stock of stuff." Donghae explained as he patted the crates behind him. "This particular shipment is the one I'm currently standing in front of."

"Now hold on just a moment."

"You are an idiot Jiwoon. Did you not think to make sure we were nowhere near the crates? I had looked into it well before our arrival. Why do you suppose we agreed to meet you at this particular dock? Because I knew my stuff was here. You think I wouldn’t recognize my own stuff? And let me tell you, I don’t particularly care of being thieved upon."

At this point Donghae raised his hand and the other three members raised their guns and pointed them at Jiwoon and his men. The two body guards went to reach for their own weapons but before they could even touch the handles Donghae snapped his fingers. A series of shots rang out in the empty docks as the M members easily killed everyone there. Except for Jiwoon. The business man fell back onto his as he stared terrified at Donghae. Donghae glared him down before nodding to Han Geng.

"You do the honors." Donghae said casually. "After all, he did insult you."

Han Geng said nothing as he approached the fallen man. Aiming his gun right at Jiwoon's head he waiting.

"Wait! Wait! Let's talk this over Donghae-shi!"

"Why should I listen to a sleaze bag like you?"

"Because I have some information about the T gang!"

The group tensed at this. Han Geng glanced back at the leader who had a small frown on his face.

"Talk quickly, Hankyung is not one for patients."

"You have probably heard that they are planning on changing leadership in the gang. That it's some upstart brat who is virtually unknown. I hear that because of it there has been a lot of unrest between the members. They are beginning to crumble."

"And how is this any relevance to me?" Donghae asked in a bored voice.

"Because I have an inside man. He can get you all the details you need to take them down. Starting with the new leader. It would destroy them."

"And who is this man you have there?"

"His name is Shim Jaesuk. He is one of the people who works alongside Lee Sungmin a lot. He has been telling me there has been some problems inside the inner circle and he can start adding fuel to the fire soon. It would be easy to implode them from the inside."

Donghae contemplated this for a moment before shaking his head.

"Interesting information but it doesn’t change the fact you have been stealing from me. And I am in no mood to start something with Leeteuk as of yet. So no, sorry, this tid bit of information will not keep you alive. Hankyung."

"Wait!" Jiwoon cried but it was unheeded as Han Geng pulled the trigger and shot the business man straight in the forehead. The dead body slumped to the ground.

"What a mess." Donghae muttered as he took in the dead bodies. "I have no time to clean this up. Dispose of the bodies, and the car as well."

The group nodded to him and Siwon reached down to grab the lengths of rope at his side. The trio got to work rounding up the bodies and tying them together. They then attached the bodies to a cement block that was near the dock edge. Siwon and Han Geng pushed the block together off the dock and the group watched Jiwoon and his men sink into the water and out of sight. Donghae nodded to this and turned to walk away.

"Kyuhyun." He called into his ear piece.
"Yes hyung."

"Find out how much he was the telling the truth on about Jaesuk."

"Yes hyung."

"I'll be back at the base soon." He turned to Ryeowook. "Wook! Come with me, Hankyung and Siwon will take care of the car."

"Yes hyung." Ryeowook replied as he followed the leader back to his car.

When the two were back in the car Donghae tapped the window separating the two from the driver. The driver left the dock area. The ride was mostly silent as both men focused on their cell phones. After a while Donghae finally brought his eyes up from his phone to look at the younger man.

"Wook-ah." He called softly.

"Yes hyung?" Ryeowook replied showing he was listening.

"Why do you think Yunho is holding this event?" The leader questioned calmly. "I have already asked Hankyung and Siwon their opinion and now I ask you."

"I'm not sure. It's not unusual for Yunho to have meetings with all the leaders but this is the first time he has insisted all the important members in going. It seems…suspicious to be honest."

"Hankyung thinks it’s a trap, but I don’t see any gain Yunho would have in bringing us all together." Donghae said seriously.

"He would be majorly outnumbered if that was the plan. His gang against us, T, MBLAQ, 2PM, Big Bang? That's just the major groups too."

"True, but Jaejoong is not the number one assassin in the world for nothing."

Ryeowook nodded showing he agreed with that. Jaejoong is a frightening person if crossed. And if Yunho was to order it, the assassin could easily kill all the leaders of the other gangs easily. But Yunho was also a smart man, he would be that gutsy to go and pull a country wide assassination on all the other gangs. He was already the most powerful one out there, there was nothing to gain.

"What did Siwon say?" Ryeowook questioned.

"He said that by not going with everyone is a worse decision than whatever Yunho has planned." Donghae revealed.

"That is a really true point, hyung." Ryeowook agreed. "Yunho would take any of us missing as a form of disrespect to him which would cause a huge uproar."

"True enough." Donghae agreed. "Damned if we go, majorly damned if we don’t."

Ryeowook could tell this matter was beginning to stress out the leader. He wanted to say something that would help him out, but before any words could get out, his phone softly buzzed. Jumping in his seat in shock he looked down at his phone and then back to the leader. Donghae had an amused grin on his face at Ryeowook's action but gestured to him to check his phone. Ryeowook did as he was gestured and was surprised to see it was a message from Jongwoon. Tilting his phone just enough from Donghae he read the message.

'Is it sad that I miss you right now? I want to see you again. I'll let you pick the time and place.'

Ryeowook felt his breathing stop and his heart rate rise slightly. Jongwoon wanted to meet with him again. That alone should alarm him, but Ryeowook would be lying to himself if he didn’t want to meet with the detective as well. It seemed like it's been so long since they last spoke, and the last time they saw each other they both had to act like they never knew the other. Ryeowook decided to wait before he replied to the text and proceeded to slide the phone  back into his pocket. Glancing over at Donghae he realized the leader was looking out the window and paying no attention to the other. The two went back to their own private thoughts before the car pulled up to Donghae's base.

"Donghae-shi, welcome home." The driver said respectfully and with a bow as he opened the door for the leader.

Donghae didn’t say anything as he exited the car. Ryeowook followed after and the two entered the base area. Waiting for them at the doorway was Zhou Mi and Henry. The two Chinese members had looks of curiosity on their faces as they waited for the report of the mission the group went on.

"All went well." Ryeowook told them when it was obvious Donghae wasn't going too. "Siwon and Hankyung-hyung are still at the dock getting rid of the evidence."

"Well that’s good." Zhou Mi said with a smile. "What should we do next?"

"Follow me, now." Donghae ordered as he walked away from the trio. They obediently followed. Donghae led them to the computer room where Kyuhyun was sitting. Once they were all there Donghae closed the door.

"Kyuhyun." He spoke in greeting to the younger.

"Hyung," Kyuhyun replied without looking up from the computer. "I found some information about Jaesuk. The man is a member of T and he has worked alongside Sungmin a few times when the mission needs a few extra men. But he hasn't been there long nor does it seem like he has any influence on Sungmin."

"I figured as much. Jiwoon was grasping at straws to stay alive longer." Donghae agreed with his arms crossed. "But his comment has gotten me thinking. What if we also have a rat in our ranks?"

The group all looked at him in surprise. If he was right in this assumption than someone was going to be a dead man, very, very soon. Kyuhyun nodded slowly at this to show he understood what Donghae was hinting at. Turning back to his precious laptop he began typing away.

"I'll start looking through the records." He said seriously.

"Good, as for you three. Keep a sharp eye out. If any one looks just the hint suspicious, tell me straight away. I will not have spies in my ranks. For all we know, it's someone with direct contact with the police."

Ryeowook forced himself not to flinch. Granted he was not revealing any secrets to Jongwoon but it did not change the fact that the man was in fact a law enforcement. And a detective who specialized in their cases. He was now having to really watch himself. His loyalty was still with Donghae, but he wasn’t ready to give up his newly forming friendship with the older man either. Things were starting to get interesting now.