Chapter Thirty Eight

Super Junior Gangs

Han Geng watched as Ryeowook walked away from him. The younger man was more interested in his phone than he was in any of his surroundings. If the number two was to be honest with himself, he would have to say that there has been an increase amount of Ryeowook's attention towards his phone than other things. He has caught the younger a few times looking at it or impatiently waiting for something to end so he can go straight to the phone. Normally the Chinese man wouldn’t care so much what has gotten other members attention. But he was increasingly curious to find out who exactly Ryeowook was talking to, and if it was someone he should be concerned about. He didn’t know anyone outside the gang that Ryeowook normally spoke with so this development was interesting. Deciding to find the other two Chinese members to question them he made his way across the room where he saw Zhou Mi lead his small lover to. Hopefully Henry was past wondering about his state of dress so he didn’t have to figure out what to say.

Not sure how anyone will handle it when they find out he was making out with the T member.

Han Geng forced himself to forget those thoughts as he found the two he was looking for. Zhou Mi and Henry were having a fun conversation with some B2ST members, one he recognized as YoSeob and the other he believed to be GiKwang. The four of them seemed to be enjoying themselves and Han Geng didn’t really want to interrupt them but he needed to. Walking up he stood behind Henry and softly cleared his voice. The two Chinese men turned at the sound and seemed surprised to see their number two with them. But Zhou Mi was quick to catch himself.

"Gege, what a surprise." He said with a smile. "What brings you over here?"

"Sorry I needed to talk to you two about something. I need to pull you away."

Zhou Mi nodded like he understood but Henry looked rather bummed they had to end their conversation so soon. He was surprising comfortable with Yeseob and didn’t want to stop talking to the B2ST member so soon. Yeseob seemed to sense his dilemma because he offered the younger a friendly smile.

"It's okay Henli-ah. He seems to be serious about the question but I doubt it will take too long. You can come over when you're done. We aren't leaving any time soon."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, you're an entertaining kid. Come back quick okay?"

"Okay!"

Han Geng had to chuckle. This innocent nature that Henry had was endearing as much as it was surprising. In a dark world like theirs such innocence dies quickly. Henry has been with them for years yet he still held that nature. It in part had to do with the protective nature of Ryeowook and Zhou Mi but also the fact that Henry was just an innocent person in general. He stepped to a quiet area for the pair to follow him to. Once they were there he glanced around to make sure no unwanted ears were nearby. When he made sure that was the case he turned to the pair.

"I'll be quick. I just want to ask if you have noticed anything odd about Ryeowook lately."

"Ryeowook gege? Why?"

"You mean besides the fact he is glued to his phone all the time?" Zhou Mi asked with a knowing look.

"Henry your close to him. DO you know who he is talking to?"

"No but what is the concern?" Henry asked defensively.

"Henry, you were there when we heard about Jaesuk in T and that is he a spy for them. Donghae had warned us that he would not tolerate anyone in his gang betraying him." Zhou Mi explained calmly.

"But Ryeowook-gege would never betray us!" Henry was quick to protect the other. "He has been there since the beginning and is always on Donghae's side."

"I don’t doubt that but at the same time we need to prove his innocence. Donghae is a good leader but he does let emotions get the best of him at times. I think he worries someone inside will betray him because that is what he did. Henli, you are the closest to Ryeowook. Ask him who he is talking to all the time."

"No." Henry replied stubbornly as he crossed his arms. "If you don’t want to trust him that’s your own choice. But I do and I will not be involved with this mess."

"Henry." Zhou Mi tried to console him.

"I'm going back to Yeseob. You two can continue your low trust conversation of Ryeowook on your own."

Henry turned and promptly walked away from the two men. Zhou Mi sighed and shook his head in sadness. Han Geng knew the other was going to react badly at that. After all there were two people inside M that Henry was fiercely loyal to. And he did not stand for anyone talking bad about either of them, be it in the gang or outside. He knew that being suspicious of Ryeowook would draw out such a reaction but at the same time he had to be cautious. This gang was very important to him, and his job as Donghae's number two was to make sure nothing bad ever happened within it. Granted he was probably walking a fine line himself with his own actions. And it was true that Donghae was more than a little interested in Eunhyuk. He paused in thought and glanced at Zhou Mi.

"Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way." He muttered softly.

"Oh?"

"Well Donghae may not react to harshly to Ryeowook if he found out the boy was talking to someone outside the gang. After all there has been a few of us talking to others outside the gang lately."

"You mean Donghae and Kyuhyun right?"

Han Geng nodded. He of course would not admit his own actions. Even to someone like Zhou Mi who is able to keep his mouth shut.

"Maybe he is talking to someone inside T as well. There are a couple of them still."

"Maybe… I guess for now we should trust our members."

"For now. Keeping a suspicious eye out is not necessarily a bad thing. We just need to approach it better."

"Better?"

"As in, don’t say things to upset Henry anymore. I may be loyal but I love him more than any one you. If you end up hurting him I will not be so forgiving." Zhou Mi threatened softly.

"In other words, stop being an and go apologize?"

"Yes."

Han Geng chuckled at this. He was still concerned about who Ryeowook was so enthralled with but at the same time he knew he needed to trust the younger. Sighing low he knew he needed to apologize to Henry but he also knew the maknae probably wouldn’t listen to him at the moment. He looked at Zhou Mi who had a smirk on his face showing he agreed with sentiment. The smaller man was definitely the type to hold grudges.

"Your lover sure can be difficult."

"I know. It's what I love best about him."

Han Geng chuckled again before turning serious.

"We do have other problems to worry about though. All the Chinese members besides their leader made moves tonight."

"Yes, we had a lovely conversation with Lay earlier. And I still want to kill Tao."

"And I met Luhan as well."

"Who?"

"Another member. The only one I have met or spoken to is Kris himself. He seems to be hiding behind the others at the moment."

"Coward. But tell me Han Geng. Why are they so interested in us? Lay seemed to hint at it during our chat. You obviously know something."

"I do, but the conversation is not for tonight. Tomorrow we will have a good long conversation with Donghae. We can tell each other what we know then."

Zhou Mi nodded his agreement to this and turned to the party. A small grin crossed his face as he watched Henry and Yeseob chat. It was clear Henry was making a good friend out of the other. Hopefully being in a neutral gang it gave way for Henry to escaped their world. He knew Henry hated that conversation but Han Geng hoped one day the young man would get out of there and live a free life. And soon.

"Where is Donghae?" He questioned instead.

"Mooning over Eunhyuk probably. He looked like he was going to kill Siwon earlier for even talking to the boy."

"Great. When he gets possessive like that he can be so difficult to deal with. I'm just glad he didn’t kill the other."

"Me too." Siwon agreed as he made his presence known. "I just wanted to talk."

"Siwon you know how he is. But you also took a shine to the T member as well. Don’t deny it."

"Yeah…there is something about him."

"A few thing I bet. But none probably worth dying over."

"No?"

"Was that a question? Siwon, Donghae is your leader. Do not go against him over someone like Eunhyuk. He is not worth it."

"What's not worth it?" Kyuhyun asked as he walked up. He had a pleased look to his face and seemed unusually happy and content.

"Going after Eunhyuk with Donghae as a rival."

"Oh yeah, good plan. You don’t want to die young. Pick someone else."

"How about Sungmin?" Zhou Mi suggested jokingly.

"You will stay away from him." Kyuhyun all but growled darkly, surprising the others at his hostile change.

"Um Kyuhyun. I was kidding."

"You better be. The Bunny is mine."

There was a pause before everyone turned to his surprise.

"Your Bunny is Lee Sungmin!?" They all hollered.

"What's all the hollering about?" Ryeowook asked curiously as he rejoined them again.

"Kyuhyun's Bunny is Lee Sungmin."

"Really? You call their martial arts master a bunny and he hasn’t killed you yet?"

"What can I say, I'm irresistible."

"That's a lie." Zhou Mi snorted under his breath.

"Yah!"

The others had to laugh at that. Han Geng shook his head. Their laughter seemed to gain Henry's attention as well because he began to wander towards them again. The gang greeted their youngest and Zhou Mi draped an arm on his shoulder. He smiled at them and allowed himself to cuddle against his lover. The group were still talking when a rather dazed but overly happy Donghae stumbled to them. The gang stopped their conversation to stare curiously at the man who seemed to be drunk. Besides the fact none of them remember seeing him drink.

"Are you all right Donghae-ah?" Siwon asked him softly.

"Hm? Oh yes, never better. What a great party this is, don’t you think."

"Donghae, have you been drinking?"

"No, no. Just happy right now. It’s a beautiful day, night, whatever." Donghae giggled like a little boy at this.

The others had worried looks on their faces. He seemed so random that Han Geng also wondered if he should be concerned as well. But he also wondered if Donghae's drunken happiness had something to do with Eunhyuk. Looking across the room he saw the T successor standing with his own gang. He seemed also pleased and a little dazed. But no one seemed to show any notice of this. They were all staring at the stairwell. Han Geng also looked and saw TVXQ and BoA were standing up there again. It looked like Yunho was going to say something.

He decided to just focus on what the man had to say and worry about his leaders bizarre actions later.