Chapter Five

Super Junior Gangs

When Ryeowook entered the gang's home he released the breath of air he was holding. Never in his wildest dreams would he ever imagine having a normal conversation with the lead detective who was trying to put them all behind bars. Despite being a quiet man, the members of the gang knew who Jongwoon was and what his purpose was. It was probably the dumbest thing the young man could do was having a conversation with him. But he was getting sick of all the conversations that tend to happen when one was in a gang. It was nice to have a decent casually conversation at least once.

The man made a beeline straight to his private room and promptly locked himself inside. He had no desire to talk to anyone in the gang and just wanted time to think on his own. Flopping down on his bed he stared at the ceiling with a contemplative look on his face. Despite being a detective, Jongwoon was a charming man. And Ryeowook felt himself drawn to him. Even in that small moment of talking, he was easily comfortable around the older. He was funny and friendly and had some interesting quirks. Ryeowook never met anyone fascinated with turtles before. It was…endearing.

The young man sighed as he draped an arm over his eyes. This was why he couldn’t get close to the detective. There was so many red flags already appearing in front of him just from finding the other endearing. If Donghae ever caught wind of the meeting, inner circle or not, Ryeowook would find himself dead. And he rather enjoyed living.

A knock at his door interrupted him inner monologue.  Sitting up he called out to whoever was there.

"Wookie-ah, its Siwon." The man called through the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, one moment, the door is locked." Ryeowook called as he got out of bed and quickly let the taller man in. "Siwon-hyung, how can I help you?"

"I was wondering if you were alright. You were gone for quite awhile to get a drink."

"Ah yes, I decided to take a walk as well. To clear my head and such." The younger lied. He felt bad lying to the man who treated him the best, but he knew it was for the best.

"I understand. When I need to get my thoughts together I turn to God for advice."

"Do you find it odd that you pray to a god that frown upon killing?"

Siwon made a face and Ryeowook realized it was probably a conversation the man had often within himself. Siwon was a devote Catholic and was the only one who still attended church on a weekly bases and prayed daily for the members. Ryeowook found it odd but Donghae shrugged his shoulders when the topic always came up.

"I pray often to God about the topic." Siwon said in a soft voice. "I feel he understands my situation and forgives my sins due to it."

Ryeowook was about to comment when another knock came at his door. The pair turned to see Han Geng standing in the door way. The number two had an unreadable expression on his face as he stared at the two before he gave a short nod.

"Donghae has called us for a meeting. We are to discuss the upcoming meeting with the T." He said softly.

"All right hyung, we will head right over." Siwon replied with a small nod.

The Chinese man stared at them for a moment before walking away. Ryeowook was curious about the expression but knew better to ask. Han Geng was a man of very few words. He spoke when necessary. He patted Siwon on the arm before leaving his room to follow the other to the meeting room. When he entered he saw everyone was already seated. At the head of the table Donghae sat with a tense expression on his face. He motioned the three to their seats.

When everyone was seated he stood up and spoke.

"I want to keep this simple and too the point. As you know, next week is our biyearly meeting with the T gang as well as TVXQ." He began calmly.  "I'm not entirely sure what all of it entitles but I do know some of it will be in regards to the new detective assigned to our case. It seems our dear Jongwoon has himself a new partner."

At the mention of the detective Ryeowook choked on his own spit. He coughed loudly at this which caused everyone to turn to him. Flustered he waved his hand casually as covered his mouth with his other hand. Once he got control over his lungs he smiled apologetically towards Donghae.

"Sorry, I'm okay. Please continue."

Donghae raised an eyebrow at him and Han Geng had that indescribable look on his face again. But neither said anything to his coughing attack and continued on with the meeting.

"There will only be a couple of us going, so it will be me, Hankyung, and Siwon and Zhou Mi. The rest of you will need to get the final details figured out for the ammo pickup we have coming in. Kyuhyun has been hacked into the system and we know what port they are coming in on and which ones the police think it is. So we will need two teams for that as well to handle any situations. I expect the shipment to be rather large so be careful."

They all nodded at this. Donghae nodded back to them with a small smile. He knew they could handle themselves. It was the whole reason why he chose them for his inner circle. Even someone like Henry who drove him the most crazy was a capable member. He looked over at Hankyung who had an odd look to his face. The Chinese man was staring at Ryeowook with a curious look. Donghae knew it had to do with whatever the conversation the boy was having with Siwon before the meeting, but the leader didn’t know what it was.

"Hankyung." He called to his number two.

"Yes Donghae?" The other replied without pause.

"Something on your mind my friend? You seem, distracted."

"Sorry, nothing for you to worry about. Lets focus on the meeting tomorrow."

"Will you be okay? Knowing Leeteuk, he'll probably bring Heechul again." Donghae teased.

Han Geng shuddered at this. For some reason Leeteuk's best gunman had a way to get under Han Geng's skin. Donghae found it rather amusing, since no one knew what it was about the other that was so bothersome for their Chinese man.

"We should be careful though, with the recent murder of one of our men, I am pretty sure the Silver Gunman is behind it." Siwon said seriously.

"I agree. Although from what I was able to find out through our insider the man was too drunk for his own good. He was probably lost smack dab in their territory when Heechul found him."

"Still, he was one of our own. We will need to get something from Leeteuk for it."

Donghae had to nod at this. Chung-su was useless in the group but they still needed something in return. Leeteuk was a fair leader, he would agree. It was after all the reason why Donghae had no problems working with the other.

"Very good then we will adjourn for now." Donghae said as he stood up from the table. "Kyuhyun, you will be in charge of the shipment pick up. I'll let you come up with that plan. Hankyung, Siwon, Zhou Mi, come with me. There is more I would like to talk about in regards to the upcoming meeting."

The group went their separate ways at this. With a sigh Ryeowook leaned back into his chair. As he listened to Kyuhyun explain what they needed to know about the pickup his thoughts drifted to Jongwoon. For some reason he knew that something big was starting to brew. And he hoped his new detective friend did not get too dragged into it. He was rather enjoying the odd older man's conversations. But only time will tell on that.