Chapter Forty Two

Super Junior Gangs

The sun was slowly creeping up outside and it was showing the first rays of light. That small ray had begun to work its way through the window and curtains inside Leeteuk study and was hitting the desk that he was sitting at. But the leader paid little mind to it. In fact he had his fingers interlocked and propped under his chin as he stared out into nothingness. His face was tense and his mind calculating. It has been two night since Yunho's party but the leader hasn’t been able to sleep at all yet. He allowed himself to remember what happened two nights ago that put him in this situation. What was said on the night of the party. The night of the party he had sent all s to their rooms as soon as they returned to the home, excluding Eunhyuk that is. He even dismissed Kangin, something that surprised everyone standing there. Leading his successor to his office had the younger man sit in a chair while he made sure his door was securely locked. Once he was settled in his own chair he took a good moment to give a good hard look over of Eunhyuk.

"Hyukjae, there is a lot that has clearly gone on tonight. And I want you to tell me everything that you know. Everything."

Hyukjae squirmed slightly under the intense glare. But Leeteuk held firm and waited for the other to start talking. With a resigned sigh Hyukjae began talking. He kept his eyes low as he told Leeteuk about his conversation with Junsu, Epik High, Siwon, and finally Donghae. He had a guilty look on his face as he revealed to his leader about the kiss and the desire to meet up with the M leader again. He could lie to the other, it was written all over his face. Leeteuk didn’t interrupt the younger as he spoke out his feelings and guilt about the situation and allowed him to work it all out for himself. When he was finally finished a silence fell upon the pair.

Leeteuk allowed himself to think.

While he was pleased with the headway his successor had made with Tablo, as well as the growing friendship and alliance he had with Junsu, he was also worried. He knew Donghae was slowly becoming a important person to the other but he didn’t realize how important he was actually becoming. He was trying to figure out what to say next when Hyukjae spoke up instead.

"I'm sorry Leader-shi." He whispered in almost despair.

"Well I can't say I'm surprised. Because I had a feeling about it. And one cannot control the matters of the heart."

"Are you mad at me?"

"Mad? No, not mad. Maybe a little disappointed. And worried."

"Worried?"

"About you, and about the future of this gang."

The look of devastation on Hyukjae's face was eminent. Jumping to his feet he quickly went to Leeteuk's side and dropped to his knees. He took his leader's hands in his own and held them desperately.

"Please Leader-shi, don’t kill me. I haven't betrayed you or anyone else to Donghae. I am sorry I have broken your trust."

"Hyukjae, I'm not going to kill you."

"You're not?"

"No! Where in the world did you get that notion from? I trust you Hyukjae. And I know you would never do anything to hurt me or the other members intentionally. But you are quickly falling for Donghae, faster than I was expecting, and that scares me. What if you want to leave us and be with him instead?"

"I care about Donghae, yes, but you are my family. I am a T and I will always be a T. I promise to be the best leader this gang has ever seen and I will do nothing to break that trust or loyalty."

"And if Donghae asks you to leave us?"

"You are more important to me that Donghae."

For now. Leeteuk thought to himself. Pulling a hand free from Hyukjae he brushed some of the other's hair away from his forehead.

"Hyukjae I trust you. And I know you will always place this gang as your top priority so I am not worried about you betraying me. But I hope this decision you are making right now does not hurt you in the long run."

"Leader-shi?"

"You are planning on meeting up with him tomorrow I take it?"

"Yes."

"Very well. There is nothing I can do to stop that. But please be careful. It's true there is a growing attachment between you two but I don’t trust Donghae either."

"I understand. I will be sure to be armed."

Leeteuk would rather he not go at all but only nodded his head in return. He told Hyukjae to see what he could gather from Donghae about EXO and then dismissed him. Before the successor completely left he took one more look at the leader.

"Leader-shi. I hope you know that I have always respected you. And that I view you as both a leader and a brother to me."

"Thank you Hyukjae. I feel the same about you as well."

Leeteuk sighed and found himself back in the present time from his short journey down memory lane. Rubbing his tired eyes he leaned back in his chair and looked up at his ceiling. He knew that Hyukjae had gone out and met with Donghae the previous night, and that he had returned safely. But he didn’t know what transpired at the river, nor was he sure he wanted to ask. He just knew he hadn't slept for the last couple of days because of his concern for the younger member. If it wasn’t for the fact that his suitor choice just happened to be the leader of his biggest rival gang then he would be okay. But on top of that he had this mess with EXO to deal with as well. It was almost too much for the leader.

He was startled out of his thoughts by a hard knock sounding at his door. Composing himself he called for the person to enter. He was not too surprised to see Heechul standing in the doorway. His Silver Gunman had a determined look on his face that quickly faltered when he took in the leader. Leeteuk had to smile, he must be more tired than he thought, if it was showing on his face in a manner to even unnerve Kim Heechul.

"What the is the matter with you?" Heechul asked bluntly. "You look like ."

"Thank you for that Heechul. I am just tired that is all. Haven't slept the last couple of days."

"Seriously Jungsu, what the hell? Have you lost your mind? If you don’t take care of yourself you will make yourself sicker than you already are!"

"Heechul being sleep deprived will have no effect either way towards my lung disease. But that is not why you came in here. What is on your mind?"

"Don’t change the ing topic with me." Heechul growled.

"Heechul I am fine. Honestly. But I know you have a lot you wanted to talk to me about. So let's get on with it."

"No, not until you go lay down and get some ing sleep. I will get Kangin to bring you to bed and have Sungmin bring up some food for you." He decided.
"Last time I check I was the leader of the T's not you Kim Heechul."

"Yeah well take a number if you want to file a complaint." Heechul replied as he flicked his hair. He turned and went to leave before pausing. "Jungsu, I do this because you are my friend as well as my leader. Don’t take this kindness lightly."

"All right, I know when to admit defeat. I will get some sleep and then you and I will talk about the party."

"We better get everyone involved, it will be a long meeting I bet."

"Perhaps."

Heechul gave no reply to that and only left to get Kangin. When he, and the number two walked in, Leeteuk could tell he was going to be forced to sleep one way or another. Kangin had that look in his eyes when he was upset and worried about the leader. In a way that would make him hover around like a worried mother. That was something normally Leeteuk was known to do. The man fretted at Leeteuk's side as he scanned him over.

"Leeteuk, you shouldn’t force your body like this. You need to stay healthy otherwise…"

"Kangin, I understand what can happen if I get sick. But like I told Heechul, me suffering from a small bout of insomnia will not kill me."

"But Leeteuk."

"Unless you are suggesting that I am weaker than I look. If that is the case perhaps I should just let Eunhyuk take over and hand myself over to Kris."

Kangin looked away guilty. Leeteuk knew it was a low blow but he did not appreciate being treated like an invalid. Especially when he was still perfectly fine. He was still healthy enough to take care of this gang. He was about to apologize to Kagin for his snap but a knock interrupted him. Leeteuk shot his number two a look to get a hold of himself before calling to the visitor. Sungmin entered with a small tray with food on it. He looked at the leader with a grin and placed it on his desk.

"Heechul threatened to kill me if I didn’t bring food up to you right away. You know you can always call me if you're hungry hyung."

"I know Sungmin. Sorry about Heechul. I had a lot on my mind the last couple of days and forgot about sleep and eating." He told the martial arts man calmly.

"Well don’t do it too often. Your health is very important hyung. Otherwise we will have to rely on Heechul and Kagin making all the decisions. That would not end well.'"

Leeteuk laughed at the teasing nature and nodded. He thanked the man for the food and sent him off. Once he was gone Leeteuk pulled the tray to him and started nibbling on the food.

"You know Sungmin said the same thing that you two did but I wasn’t as annoyed. The boy is one of the few who can do that I suppose." He absently said.

"You know I wouldn’t let this gang fall to ruin if you fall sick and can't do anything."

"I know, and neither would Heechul. But he would probably would cause some interesting problems for me to fix when I did come back." Leeteuk joked with a grin.

Kagin merely grunted in reply which was all Leeteuk needed to laugh. After a good chuckle he quickly ate the food Sungmin brought up. Once he was done he allowed Kagin to lead him to his room and got ready to sleep. Laying down on the bed he brought the blanket to his chin and looked over at his number two who was making himself comfortable on the chair next to the bed.

"Will you be there when I wake up?"

"Of course. Get some sleep."

Leeteuk allowed his eyes close and smiled as sleep quickly claimed him.

When Leeteuk awoke from his nap he wasn’t surprised to see Kangin still sitting in the chair next to the bed. His number two had his arms crossed and his body leaned back with his eyes closed. He looked like he was resting and it was one of the few occasion that the leader has seen the man looked relaxed. Leeteuk allowed this rare opportunity to observe the man with his guard down. Yongwoon has always been beside Jungsu, since the pair of them were mere underlings to the gang. And even at that time he was protective of the smaller yet older man. Jungsu was lucky in the fact he wasn’t bothered much within the gang with him at this side and it was their partnership that the pair was able to easily move up the rankings.

When Lee SooMan made Leeteuk his number two it was no surprised he allowed for the man to keep Yongwoon close at hand. The pair at the time changed their names to Leeteuk and Kagin and took on a strong power control of the gang. When SooMan was gone Leeteuk took complete control of the gang and made Kangin his number two. By that time he had already had a strong following of men that would be the creation of his inner circle. The likes of Heechul, Sungmin, and Shindong on his side made him an unstoppable force. And with the addition of Eunhyuk, Leeteuk had the perfect array of men at his side. He was able to make the T's into something that was respected and feared throughout the whole Korean peninsula.

Kangin began to move as if he realized someone was looking at him. Opening his eyes he blinked in confusion for a moment before they landed on Leeteuk. The leader offered the burly man a small smile which he returned.

"You are awake?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

"Yeah, woke up a little bit ago." Leeteuk told him. Sitting up he stretched his stiff limps.

"I'm glad. You look a lot better with some sleep in your system."

"I feel better." Leeteuk admitted. "Thank you for watching over me."

Kangin grinned but said nothing. He didn’t need to, the message was still there. The man got to his feet and left the room, a hand rubbing the kinks out of his neck. Leeteuk grinned again and also got out of bed. He was just leaving the bathroom from washing up when Heechul entered the room.
"You look less like ." He greeted with a smirk.

"Thank you Heechul. You always have a way with words don’t you." Leeteuk sarcastically replied back. Rolling his eyes he went to his desk and took a seat. "What brings you back so quickly?"

"I have a message to deliver to you. And then I will get the others so we can have a proper meeting. You up for that old man or should I wait until tomorrow?"

"No, we have much to talk about. What is the message?"

"Your lady friend called on us. She wants to meet with you." Heechul said with a serious look.

"What? Why? I thought she was well enough to not have to associate with me anymore." Leeteuk muttered as he glared at the desk.

"She doesn’t sound like she is in trouble. But she wants to see you again. Will you go?"

"Of course, I always said I would go to her if she called." Leeteuk looked away as he thought about the woman whom he hasn’t seen in what felt like forever. He could only pray she was safe. "I will contact her after the meeting. Get the others."

Heechul nodded and left to gather up the rest of the gang. While he was gone Leeteuk allowed his thoughts to drift again. He would always remember the first time he met the beautiful woman. She was a couple of years younger than him and they met at an event that her father held. She had no affiliation with the underworld and was into a mess that she had no way of getting out of on her own. It was Leeteuk who helped her and told her to call on him at any time. The two became dear friends and he was very fond of her. He wondered what she needed from him this time. He wondered if she still wore the bracelet he gave her too.

There was a knock at the door pulling him out of his thoughts. He looked up as the other members entered his study and took their seats. Leeteuk glanced around and paused when he saw Eunhyuk. His successor looked at peace and happy with himself. Leeteuk could only conclude his meeting with Donghae went well. For better or worse. But he had no time to dwell on that before speaking.

"A couple of nights ago we had a lot of interactions with the gang called EXO. I know you have all had your fair share of moments with them and I would like to hear about them. Who would like to go first?"

Each of the members took turns telling about their interactions with the gang members from this new rival gang. Each seemed to have a similar message. Kris was after Leeteuk and was not going to stop until he brought the gang to their knees. When they all finished Leeteuk folded his hands under his chin and made eye contact with Heechul.

"Tell me Heechul. What should we do?"

The Silver Gunman took in a deep breath. Leeteuk knew that the man has been waiting rather patiently to give his thoughts on the matter. He could see it in his eyes. And now Leeteuk was going to hear what the man had planned. He would listen with an open mind.

"I think we should team up with Donghae." Heechul declared with confidence.

Well maybe not so much an open mind after all. Leeteuk smirked in amusement. He gave a small nod to the man.

"You best start explaining."