Chapter Thirty Six

Super Junior Gangs

Sungmin found himself sighing as he took another sip of his drink. Earlier Leeteuk had sent him away and he found himself walking up the stairs where the food tables were, as well as where his partner was hiding. When he found the slightly larger man, he was in conversation with someone from 2PM. Sungmin was not too concerned what the pair may be talking about, after all Shindong was a trustworthy person, but he was curious to know what the conversation was on. More for the fact Shindong was not the type to talk to a lot of people outside of the gang. Once he approached them the 2PM person was quick to take his leave leaving him alone with his partner.

"What was that about?" He questioned curiously.

"He was wondering about Eunhyuk. Don’t worry I only told him that he was a member of the gang and worked mainly with Heechul. Common knowledge at this point." Shindong replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"That is true. Leeteuk never did say when he was going to make his big announcement."

"By the way Sungmin, what are you doing up here? I thought you had told me you were planning on staying down below to keep an eye on the entire party."

Sungmin's face darkened at this. Scowling he remembered the reason why he had escaped to the upper level.

"That pain in the neck M member that I had to do the trade with awhile back has been following me around tonight. I wanted to stay with Leeteuk but our leader kicked me away. So I found you."

"Of course he did. We were told to scatter tonight. Leeteuk wants eyes everywhere in case something happens and he needs to act."

"But the brat keeps following me!"

"Sungmin you sound like a child right now. First of all, he is probably not that bad. Donghae is not the type to keep problem members close to him. And don’t you know martial arts? Why don’t you kick the kids if he is bothering you so much. Done and done."

"I cant. I'll get in trouble with Leeteuk and Yunho if I do that. Not to mention Donghae would probably be angry if I attack one of s."

"Whatever you say. I think you just need to man up. What harm can a computer hacker really do?"

Sungmin grumbled under his breath that Kyuhyun was far more difficult that that but Shindong rolled his eyes and sent him an unconvinced look. So the martial arts member went to the balcony to stare down at the rest of the party. He didn’t know why he didn’t just push the brat away more aggressively. In part he knew it was because he didn’t want to anger the wrong people but he felt like it was something else as well. If he was honest with himself he would admit that the brat crossed his thoughts a few times since their initial meeting. But more as an annoyed matter that anything. He was not just randomly thinking about him from time to time. No not at all. Sungmin scowled again and took a big gulp of his wine. He was not ready to deal with Kyuhyun yet. His earlier meeting was still bothering him. He hasn’t had the time to get his thoughts in order in a good way. He needed more time. All he needed to do was keep moving tonight and not run into the brat again and he would be okay.

"There you are Bunny." A sly voice said behind him.

Well so much for that plan. Sungmin sighed and turned around to see Kyuhyun.

"Don’t you get bored following me around tonight?" He questioned in annoyance.

"Never Bunny. You are a very interesting person." Kyuhyun replied with a smirk. Sungmin rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?"

"Just to chat." Sungmin sent him a look which made him chuckle. "Honest, I am just wanting to talk. We haven't had the opportunity to do so since our last meeting."

"Not my problem our gangs decide to follow the rules and not cause problems when TVXQ are gone."

Kyuhyun grinned at him.

"One conversation. After tonight if you are still annoyed by me I won't bother you again."

Sungmin looked at him suspiciously. He wondered if it was that simple.

"You promise?"

"Yeah, you have my word."

Sungmin contemplated this deal. On the one hand he would be rid of the brat by the end of tonight. On the other, he would be forced to talk to him all tonight. The positive and negative almost weigh each other out. After a few minutes of thinking he gave a nod to the M member.

"Okay deal. One conversation."

Kyuhyun looked thrilled at this and Sungmin wanted to chuckle. It made him look younger, and rather innocent. The M man came up to him and leaned on the balcony bar to his right. Sungmin glanced at him and gave a shrug.

"So tell me. Besides being a hacker for Donghae; what else do you do?" Sungmin asked.

"Nothing exciting. Donghae never sends me out because he wants me always to be at the computer. When I'm not working I just play games or bother the other members."

Sungmin rolled his eyes.

"Why am I not surprise you annoy your own members."

Kyuhyun merely grinned.

The two started to converse about different things. As they did Sungmin had to admit, the kid was kind of fun to talk to. He had a sarcastic snarky personality but he was also very intelligent. The pair had a common love of wine and were in full conversation about the different types and brands when Sungmin found himself smiling. He knew that he was going to have a hard time ignoring him after tonight, even it if was for the best of both of them. Kyuhyun had suggested they go outside for some air since it was getting nosier where they stood and the T member agreed. They went outside to enjoy the clear air and the full moon. Sungmin took in a deep breath and sighed.

"So," Kyuhyun began after a few minutes of silence. "Am I still an annoying brat?"

"Of course." Sungmin replied without hesitation. Kyuhyun seemed to slightly deflate at this and Sungmin realized that the entire time they were talking the younger had not once. He was actually trying to be friendly to him. Sungmin smiled and bumped shoulders with him. "But I think I can deal with that."

Kyuhyun looked at him hopefully. The T man knew he was walking a dangerous path but there was something about him that Sungmin found interesting. Kyuhyun led them to a bench area where the pair sat down. Leaning back Sungmin looked up at the stars.

"So have you had any encounters with EXO yet?" The other asked softly.
"Yeah a couple of days ago. They seem rather unhinged if you ask me."

Kyuhyun was quite for a moment before speaking again.

"There is something you probably should know about them. We had an encounter with them earlier and I went looking into it. And there is a connection with M and them."

Sungmin gave a nod showing he was listening.

"I don’t know if Donghae remembers them or not. But the Chinese members were considered to be a part of our gang. But there was a disagreement with us and they never officially joined. But I think this whole thing is some sort of vendetta against us. But the part that is bothering me is the Korean members. I don’t know what they want."

"We want to be the most powerful gang in the world." A new voice replied.

The pair jumped and looked to see a man in front of them. He seemed younger than them and was obviously a EXO member based on his outfit. He had a relaxed personality about him that gave of the sense he wasn’t too concerned who he was talking to. Sungmin gave him a look over, and a glance around the area to see if there were others. Once he realized there wasn’t he spoke.

"That is a rather ambitious goal you have. I have to give you credit for your gutsy dreams."

"Oh they aren't dreams. I will make sure EXO is the most powerful gang out there."

"And you are?"

"My name is Suho. I am EXO's number two. But I do most of the stuff needed in Korea so I am another leader of sorts you could say."

"Is that so. Then tell me why you are so determined to take down us."

"Honestly I don’t really get Kris' need to attack everyone but I don’t worry about it either. Whatever reason the man has about it is his own. As long as he doesn’t use too many of my men to do his dirty work than I don’t care."

"And Kai?"

"Ah yes, you have met Kai. Well he likes exciting things so he goes out and does the dangerous stuff. He said you put on quite the show at the warehouse the other day."

Sungmin's eyes narrowed but did not comment. Kyuhyun next to him looked as if he wanted to say something but before he could someone else approached them.

"Suho, I had a feeling you would wander over here." Changmin of TVXQ said as he came up to them. "There is something about you that I sensed."

"Changmin. I feel like I should be honored that a TVXQ man is gracing me with his presence." Suho replied with sarcastic respect.

"You should be honored. Seeing as you are going to be wanting our assistance soon."

"I thought TVXQ wasn’t getting involved with this." Sungmin said darkly.

"Oh we are not getting involved with the interaction between EXO and M and T. But that doesn’t mean we are also staying away from the other problem that is building."

"What other problem?"

"Oh don’t worry Sungmin. You are not involved with that one. I just know that Suho here will be needing some help in the near future."

"What the you talking about Changmin?" Suho seethed darkly.

"Let's just say I know more than what you think." Changmin smirked. "Or probably want us to know."

Suho seemed to be seething from the conversation. He looked as if he wanted to react to the computer genius in a more violent way but knew the consequences if he did. Without giving them a proper farewell he took off from the trio. Sungmin watched him with a bewildered look on his face. He wasn’t exactly sure what was going on but whatever Changmin was hinting at was something serious. He looked at the computer man with a suspicious look on his face.

"What is going on here?" He questioned.

"There is a lot that is going on lately. Some to do directly with your gangs and some that doesn’t. I really don’t care either way if EXO takes out everyone. I know that Yunho-hyung is concern about it but I am not. But I do know that a war probably will break out between everyone. When it does I need you two to realize that not everyone is an enemy."

"You are seriously not suggesting that we are going to be siding with EXO people when this happens?"

"Why not? A month ago you wouldn’t have been caught dead working with M and I know of at least a handful of you that are rather friendly with one another now. Including you Sungmin. Or is this a simple coincidence?" He gestured to the two.

Sungmin kept his mouth wisely shut. Kyuhyun stood up and crossed his arms.

"Just because you are with TVXQ does not mean you have the right to talk to us like this."

"Your just upset that I won the last Starcraft competition."

"You cheated!"

"So did you. I just cheat better."

"At least I didn’t send a virus to the other opponents." He shot him a dirty look. "That is rather low, even for you."

Sungmin snorted in amusement. He felt like he shouldn’t be surprised that the two hackers were also major gaming nerds as well.

"But besides being a better gamer than you, I also know more than you. The word enemy and ally will blur soon and I want at least the smarter members of their gangs to know this. I am interested in the fireworks you all will be creating even if I can't be involved with the buildup."

"What exactly does that mean." Sungmin questioned softly.

"It means I need you two to play nice for a while. I will need you soon to help all of this end well. Oh and of course the work your leaders do is also helpful."

Changmin smirked at this and raised his hand in a two finger wave.

"Now I am getting out of here. I have more important stuff to take care of than chat with you two. Play nice, and enjoy your evening."

With that he turned and walked away from them. The pair stayed silent as they thought about what he said. It was unfair that he was staying rather ambiguous about it all. And Sungmin wondered how much he was being truthful. From what he gathered in their one appearance with EXO, they didn’t seem like a group that Leeteuk would want to help out in the long run. But there was a sense of a strain between them, if what the hacker was hinting at was true. That could help them take the group down. He shook his head in confusion, this was something better left to Leeteuk to figure out. Turning back to Kyuhyun he noticed that the younger had a contemplative look on his face. When the man noticed his stare he dropped it into a friendly smirk.

"Let's not worry about this for now." Kyuhyun declared calmly. "I still have a night of conversation worth to continue and I don’t want to end it now because we were interrupted by those two."

"Oh, shall we continue that then. I don’t mind delaying talking to my leader about this right now. There is nothing that can be done tonight anyways."

Kyuhyun seemed pleased with this answer. He sat back down next to Sungmin and leaned back in the bench. Shooting a smirk towards the other he draped his arms on the back of the bench as if he owned it.

"So tell me, when will be the next time we meet?"

"You sure you want to meet with me again? Without Yunho's protection around I might kill you."

"I don’t think so. You find me interesting, and I find you interesting. If I can keep that thought going I think you and I will get along swimmingly."

Sungmin chuckled under his breath. This kid was rather confident. But if he was honest, he wouldn’t mind a second meeting between them. He gave him a nod agreeing with the statement.

"All right, I admit, you are not that bad brat. I wouldn’t argue to a second meeting between the two of us. But don’t let it get to your head."

"Oh no, not at all." Kyuhyun agreed with a smirk. He leaned close to Sungmin. "I'm going to make a prediction though."

"And what's that?"

"At some point I will kiss you. And you will enjoy it."

Sungmin felt himself blushing. He pushed the other away from him and scoffed.

"Keep dreaming."

"Oh don’t worry. I dream about that all the time. But I will make it happen soon." Kyuhyun suddenly got to his feet. "I will head back in first. I look forward in seeing you again Bunny."

Sungmin wanted to snap at him about the nickname but the younger had already turn to leave. Fuming he watched as the other went back inside. Once the other was out of sight he sighed and leaned back.

"Brat. But I don’t mind him so much now." He brought a hand to gently touch his lips. "I wonder though…"