Chapter Four

Super Junior Gangs

Jongwoon sighed as he put the file he was reading down. He was currently sitting at his office desk at the station going over the information they collected on the recent gang murder. According to the autopsy, the bullet was removed from the body and there was no fragments for them to use as evidence. Whoever was the killer, they were a pro and knew how to clean up. But there was something about the bullet would that stuck out to Jongwoon. As if he has seen a similar one before. But Jongwoon couldn't tell where. He glanced at his cup of coffee next to him and made a face. The coffee at the station was horrible compared to Shinee Café but he wasn’t able to slip away and get his favorite drink with his partner near him.

Kibum had actually been a good help during the last few days on this case. He was able to go through the information they had on file and make accurate points on each one. He was able to give the team new ideas that has, and it hurts Jongwoon to say, proven to be helpful. However the man still was against the fact that Shinee Café was neutral for all sides. So much in fact he would give a whole speech about the problems with the place every time Jongwoon would step out to get a cup of his favorite coffee. And Jongwoon hated the nagging so he has spent more time in the station drinking the bland crap that they called coffee instead of his usual stuff.

Right now his new partner was working with a technician to see if there was any cameras in the area that may have caught video of who killed their victim.  Jongwoon doubted it, the T gang was good at knowing their surroundings in order to not be caught by a rookie mistake. But it got the younger man out of his hair for awhile. And that meant he wouldn’t be bothered for at least another half an hour.

This made Jongwoon suddenly sit up in his seat. An half an hour of freedom? That should be plenty of time for him to sneak out, get a cup of his favorite coffee, and be back here before Kibum was finished. Looking around the room cautiously he saw no one was paying any attention to him. Slowly opening his drawer he took out his wallet, badge, gun, and keys. Looking around a second time he stood up from his chair and began to make his way towards the exit. He was just about to slip out of the room when a voice called from behind.

"Jongwoon-shi? Where are you going?" His partner asked him in a suspicious tone.

"Just stretching my legs." He lied with a grin.

Kibum narrowed his eyes and was about to call him on it when another voice called him.

"Kibum-shi!" Their chief called from his office. "Do you have those results from the labs yet?"

"Yes sir!"

"Well brign them here now!"

Kibum made a small face and turned back to Jongwoon only to find the man had used the opportunity to slip away. The frown deepened but he knew he couldn’t go after him with the chief calling. With a sigh he grabbed the file from his desk and went to the chief's office.

Outside, Jongwoon counted his blessings with a grin on his face. With Kibum distracted with the chief he now had the opportunity to go to his favorite café for his favorite coffee. With a slight bounce in his step he hummed cheerfully as he went to his car. The drive was quick and uneventful and soon the detective was entering the shop.

"Jongwoon! We haven't seen you in awhile." Taemin, a waiter from the shop, called from behind the counter. "You on a difficult case?"

"More like a difficult new partner." Jongwoon replied easily as he went to the counter.

When he arrived he noticed that he was not alone in the café. Ryeowook from M was standing next to him as well. He offered the gang member a polite smile which Ryeowook returned hesitantly. Jongwoon realized that the younger was not there to pick up food but more on a person stop for something to drink.

"Here you go Ryeowook-shi, one bubble tea." Jonghyun said as he placed the cup down. "And here is your coffee Jongwoon-shi."

"Thank you." Both replied at the same time. It caused them to look at each other.

"Say, I still have some time to be away from my job, want to sit down and chat?" Jongwoon said spontaneously.

The suspicious look on the others face was deserved. Jongwoon realized that a detective asking a gang member for a drink was dangerous towards both of them. But he had no desire to go back to Kibum any time soon and he was curious about the boy, outside of their gang activates anyways. He smiled lightly.

"Okay so that was little bold I'll admit. But what if we took off the table anything related towards our…work…and stick to small talk stuff?"

"Why?" The boy replied with narrowed eyes.

"Because I'm ditching work and have a partner who is going to be a real when I do come back, so I'm delaying the inevitable."

Ryeowook snickered lightly at this and smiled. Jongwoon realized for the first time that the younger had a really pretty smile. Not that he would voice that out loud or anything.

"You think my smile is cute?"

Or apparently he would.

"Um…yes?"

Ryeowook chuckled at this. A small blush appearing on his face.

"Thank you, Jongwoon-shi. I think I'll join you on the who stalling until heading back idea."

Jongwoon smiled at this and led the younger to a table. They sat across from each other and took a sip of their drinks. Jongwoon opened up with the conversation to ask about the weather which caused the other to laugh again. It was the perfect ice breaker to start chatting. The two talked about their past and daily things, while steering clear of anything that was related to their work. Jongwoon learned that the other was a piano player and loved to sing in his free time. Ryeowook learned that Jongwoon love turtles and even had a couple of them as pets at his apartment. Ryeowook shared how he loved to cook and wanted to own a restaurant someday, and Jongwoon revealed his dream of owning a clothing store that specialized in sunglasses. They both learned that the other was witty and fun to talk to and began to forget that they stood on opposite sides of the law.

When it was starting to get late, that Jongwoon was probably in more trouble for being away than with just his partner, they realized they needed to separate. The two stood up from the table at the same time and stood awkwardly next to each other.

"I would love to say we should do this again but I have a feeling that wont be possible." Jongwoon said after a moment of silence.

"I would too, but you are right. Even if this is neutral territory, I think after awhile Donghae would get upset with me."

It took the detective a moment to realize who he was talking about but nodded none the less causally. He forgot that the petite man was in the inner circle of M. Otherwise he wouldn’t be able to call the boss so casually by name. He stared at the younger and realized, risks aside, he still wanted to spend time with the younger.

"Would you get angry if I said screw them and lets do what we want?"

"No, but I would advise against it as well."

"Well Ryeowook-shi, I suppose this is farewell then."

"Yes, good bye Jongwoon-shi."

The younger man sent him one more look before leaving the café. Jongwoon sighed dejectedly before he also began to leave.

"Jongwoon-shi." Onew called from behind him.

"Hmm?"

"Don’t come in next week. There will be a meeting." He said seriously.

Jongwoon stood there silently as he took in the comment. A meeting was simple code that M and T would get together to talk and the police were forbidden to linger around. The detective looked over his shoulder to give a simple nod of understanding before he also left the café. He would have to remember that, and tell his partner to stay away as well.

As much as Kibum would be a , he was slowing growing on the other. Hate to lose him so soon.