Chapter Thirty Five

Super Junior Gangs

Ryeowook knew he should be paying attention to what was going on around him. At some point in the evening Zhou Mi had stopped by to drop Henry off with him so he could investigate something and it was the Korean man's job to keep an eye on their youngest member but he found himself more involved with the conversation he was having with Yesung on his phone. The detective had randomly started spamming messages to his phone about how bored he was from all the paperwork he had to do and how annoying his partner was becoming. He was clearly striving for Ryeowook's sympathy or at the very least his attention. The young man was more than willing to reply to each message, all but ignoring Henry next to him. If the Chinese man noticed he did not care but kept a running commentary of what was going on around them.

"It looks like Donghae just took off with that T member everyone has been talking about."

"That's nice. Let's hope Heechul doesn’t kill him for it." The coffee at this place is so horrible but for some reason Shinee is closed tonight and I don’t get to have any of their delicious brews.

"That man is back now without Donghae. He is currently talking to Epik High."

"That’s cool." My partner is such a nag. I make one spelling mistake and he wants me to redo the whole report!

"Siwon is talking to him now. It looks like he is even holding his arm."

"Heechul is going to be mad." I hope you are doing something interesting tonight.

"Don’t think so he and Han Geng have just disappeared through another room together."

"Interesting." The moon is full. Do you see it where you are? I want to meet you during a full moon.

"It looks like Donghae is going to kill Siwon now."

"Well that's what happens when you go after something he has already declared as his." Where are you now?

"Someone from EXO is now approaching us."

"That's nice. Wait, what?" Ryeowook looked up at that.

"EXO. A member of theirs is coming this way."

Ryeowook looked up to see that in fact someone from EXO's gang was making their way over to them. Snapping his phone shut he slipped it into his pocket and took a slight step so he was in front of Henry. Zhou Mi was adamant that the youngest member was protective by them against this gang. The man approaching them was Chinese but had the same dark clothes and insignia as the others.

"Good evening." He greeted the pair with a polite bow. "You must be Kim Ryeowook and Lau Henry, am I correct?"

"Yes and who might you be?" Ryeowook questioned suspiciously.

"My name is Lay. I was sent here by my leader to get to know you better."

"And what does the leader from EXO want with me?"

"Oh you are mistaken Ryeowook-shi. I am not here for you. I am here for him." Lay replied with a pointed look towards Henry.

"Me?" Henry asked bewildered.

"What do you want with Henli?" Ryeowook questioned sharply.

"Oh we don’t want him at all. We want to know why Donghae keeps this brat around."

"What does that mean?" He snapped.

"Well from what we know about him, this kid doesn’t bring anything to this gang worth importance. He has no skills or talents worth mentioning and he is barely sent out to do any work. He is just some kid of some couple who owned a dumpling shop back home that Donghae picked up one day. He is nothing but wasted space." The calm and polite Lay was gone in an instant and now he was smirking at them as he spewed the hateful comments. Henry dropped his head shamefully and Ryeowook was quick to defend the younger.

"How dare you speak that way." Ryeowook hissed venomously. "Henli is a member of M's Inner Circle, which means he is close to Donghae. You will learn to respect him."

"I don’t see the point in respecting some kid who is worthless. Now someone like Zhou Mi o the other hand is a different story. A man of his talent and caliber is definitely someone Kris has put an eye on. We are working on making him switch sides so he works for us instead."

"You must be out of your mind! Zhou Mi would never betray us!" Henry was quick to defend his lover. Ryeowook was more surprised on the fact this Lay guy was apparently telling them this plan. As outlandish as it was.

"Why? Because he is loyal to Donghae? Because he is your lover and as such loyal to you? Ha don’t make me laugh. I came here to see if you were someone worth bringing over to Kris in order to lure Zhou Mi with. But I think we would have better luck having Tao work him over."

"Mi hates Tao. Like he was told not to kill him tonight, hates him. And he loves me. And he is strong in his loyalty with Donghae. You will not win this battle." Henry said confidently. Ryeowook had to smirk in agreement, but Lay seemed unconcerned.

"Tao just came across the wrong way is all. He just needs to enticed the other a little differently and he is as good as ours. We at EXO can offer Zhou Mi far more things than any of you ever could. It would be a snap."

"Is that so?" Zhou Mi suddenly entered the conversation as he stepped towards them from his hiding spot. "Because there is nothing you could offer me that is worth switching sides."

"MiMi!"

Zhou Mi placed a hand on Henry's shoulder to show his presence but never took his eyes off the EXO man. With him there Ryeowook allowed himself to slightly relax. To be honest the whole exchange and thrown the man off completely. He has never met a person who would declare such a plan so openly and so sure. He was beginning to think these EXO kids were nut cases. Across from them Lay seemed as calm as before and shrugged his shoulders.

"You will change your mind soon enough. Kris is going to show everyone why he is the best leader out there and Donghae will be powerless to stop him. Not even Han Geng has the ability to take him down, he will not even try. So we will become what you will want the most. A powerful gang. And as a Chinese man you will be as important as us and not some shadow always hidden on the sidelines."

"Lay I don’t know what you are planning but there is nothing you or Kris, or god forbid Tao, can offer me that would make me betray Donghae."

"Soon Donghae will be nothing more than a mere memory. M will fall by our hands. As for your little lover over there. Well, he won't be much a of a problem for us soon anyways either."

Ryeowook tensed at this. That was a clear threat towards not only the entire gang. But a blatant plan that EXO was also going to go after Henry individually as well. Zhou Mi looked murderous at the open threat against his lover and placed himself between him and Lay.

"You tell Kris that if he even harms one hair on Henry's head I will personally come and kill you all. I want nothing to do with him or his messed up gang."

"Very well. I will deliver your message to Kris. Since I have said all that I was needing to I will take my leave." He bowed politely to the trio. "Zhou Mi, Ryeowook, Henry. Take care."

With that Lay spun on his feet and calmly left the trio. There was a tense silence amongst them due to his departure. Ryeowook was concerned as he checked on the two Chinese Men. Zhou Mi was visibly fuming and Henry was displaying a mixture of emotions ranging from fear and sadness. Zhou Mi seemed to pick up on this for he turned and placed his hands on his lover's shoulders.

"Don’t worry Henry. I won't let anyone lay a finger on you. I promise."

Henry seemed more sadden than relieved by this and Ryeowook took a step towards him in more concern.

"Something the matter Henli?"

"Am I really that worthless?"

"What?! Oh Henry of course you are not. Lay was just saying that to rile you up and get in your head."

"But you all have to protect me. And it's true that I don’t have any special talents and I am never sent on any missions. And Donghae doesn’t like me very much I mean he always has his gun aimed at me once a day. So maybe I am worthless." He said with almost tears in his eyes.

"Henli…" Ryeowook went to take a step towards the younger when a new person interrupted them.

"What is going on here?" Han Geng questioned as he approached them.

The group looked at the Chinese man who seemed a little ruffled from the last time they saw him. He took in the scene with one look and placed his hand on Henry's head. Ruffling the hair a bit he shot a look towards the other two to give him an explanation. So Ryeowook and Zhou Mi took turns explaining their encounter with the Chinese EXO member named Lay. Han Geng's face darkened at their explanation but he turned to Henry with a small smile.

"Henli, don’t be upset. That EXO kid was just saying that to upset you. You are very important to the gang."

"Gege?"

"It's true. As for Donghae, well he is just trigger happy is all. If he really didn’t like you, well you would have been sent back to China or killed already."

"Are you sure. He seems always so annoyed with me."

"That's because Donghae isn't really good showing feelings at times. I think he worries just as much as we do about what would happen to you. You don’t have as much blood on your hands as some of us. So there is a chance that you can still escape this world and live a normal life."

"But I want to stay with all of you!"

Han Geng had a pained look on his face but he smiled.

"As long as you want to stay you can. I think we can all be okay with that."

Henry seemed pleased with this and smiled at them. Zhou Mi smiled back and put a hand on Henry's cheek. The younger man seemed to realize something and looked back at the number two.

"Why are you so ruffled up gege? Did you get into a fight with Heechul-shi from T?"

Han Geng seemed suddenly flustered and it took him a moment to gather his thoughts. The whole thing left the other two amused at the unusually rattled man. Finally he turned to Henry.

"Don’t worry about it. We did not fight."

"But your clothes are all messy."

"Don’t worry about it Henli." He repeated a little more sternly.

"But…"

"Let it go Henli." Zhou Mi said with a grin. "Come on, let's go talk to those people from B2ST. Didn't you say you warned to meet them earlier."

"Okay MiMi." Henry completely agreed with no problem.

The pair walked away from Han Geng and Ryeowook. The Korean man remembered his earlier conversation with the detective on his phone and excused himself as well. Heading outside he pulled out the phone and couldn’t help but laugh when he realized there was almost a hundred missing messages from the man. The conversation was as one would expect when the person they were talking suddenly stopped. They continued the conversation as if nothing was wrong and then realizing the sudden silence they questioned it. When they still got no reply they start to worry that something bad happened or for some reason the person they were talking to was suddenly mad at them. That was the direction Yesung seemed to take as a lot of his messages were if the M member was suddenly mad at him.

Ryeowook smiled at this and leaned against a wall. He typed a quick message apologizing for his sudden disappearance and smiled when the detective replied quickly. He seemed relieved the younger was all right and admitted that he was worried. As they continued their conversation Ryeowook had to admit to himself that he was enjoying all of this far more than anything happening at the party. He almost wished the other was there in person so they could be together. It was a scary thought. Since it was clear his attraction to the detective was growing. He had to be careful, otherwise someone was going to get hurt.