Chapter Forty Seven

Super Junior Gangs

When Siwon stepped out of the police station he had to take a moment to calm himself down. While he knew it was dangerous to just willingly walking himself inside the station and start a conversation with the detective who was hell bent on arresting him, he couldn’t believe how gusty Kibum was to try and keep him there. If it wasn’t for that Chief telling the detective to let him go, Siwon was almost positive he would have found himself thrown into a cell of some sorts. Not that they would have been able to hold him for too long. Taking a deep breath Siwon pushed his hands down his sides as if to push the stress away. Allowing himself to smile, he headed off towards the base. He was curious to see if any of the others were done with the tasks they were given. Or more importantly, what task Donghae had for Henry.

He, like everyone else, was surprised by Henry's sudden desire to be more involved with this. He seemed normally okay, if not a little annoyed at times, at being excluded in Donghae's affairs. But perhaps he finally wished to do something more useful inside the gang. Siwon would understand that. Henry was more like the Inner Circle's pet or mascot than a member that was to be feared. Siwon couldn’t remember the last time the boy had gotten blood on his hands. He only hoped Donghae didn’t completely throw him into the lion's den without a safety line of sorts. That would be rather cruel of the man. Walking into the base he decided to head to Donghae's first. He could fill the leader in on the events at  the base, and maybe figure out what the man had planned.

When he arrived at Donghae's door he was surprised to see that Henry was there also. The younger man looked like he was debating on knocking or not. In fact he had his hand raised as if he was going to before hesitating and dropping it down again. When he noticed Siwon standing there he jumped slightly before a light pink hue of embarrassment crossed his chubby cheeks.

"How long were you there Gege?" He questioned nervously.

"I only just arrived. Were you looking for Donghae as well Henry?"

Henry nodded shyly. Siwon offered him a smile as he stepped up to the door. He knocked on the door and waited a moment before a muffled call to enter was heard. Opening the door he gestured the younger man in first. Henry was hesitant but did step inside. Siwon soon followed and glanced around.

Donghae was seated at his desk like always and there were some files spread out onto of the table. Han Geng was next to him observing over the shoulder and Kyuhyun was seated in one of the chairs. The computer genius barely glanced their way as he was frantically pushing buttons on his hand held game he was playing. Donghae did look up and offered them a smile and gestured them to the other chairs.

"Welcome back Siwon. How is our favorite detective?" He questioned brightly.

"Spirited as always. He wanted to throw me straight into prison as soon as I was done speaking. I have you to thank for that not happening I suppose?"

"No, I had nothing to do with your release. But I found it to be a rather gusty move on your part. You are not normally so daring."

"I figured it was the quickest way to get his attention."

"Oh I think you got his attention all right. But the more important question, did it work in the way you wanted?"

"I think so. He seemed distrusting at best to take my advice but I think he will look into it. A few developments happened."

"Oh."

"Sunglee is dead." Siwon declared with a straight face.

"What?" Donghae hissed as the other three looked at him in surprise.

"That's right. They found his body this morning. Kibum thinks we did it, of course, but I knew nothing of it until now. What have you heard?"

"We have had no contact with Sunglee since Zhou Mi's visit not too long ago. To hear he is dead….well that is disturbing. Is it EXO?" Han Geng replied. He crossed his arms in concern.

"I suspect so." Siwon replied.

"What game is Kris playing. We had no connection with Sunglee besides him owing us money. And I know he owed EXO money as well. You would think he would make sure he paid it all up before killing him."

"I don’t think it's too surprising." Kyuhyun replied from his seat. "Kris is a loose cannon. We have already established that from the party. So it's not too far off that he is going to kill anyone who has anything to do with us. Even if it is something as little as owing money."

"I see." Donghae set his chin on his folded hands and had a contemplative look on his face. He turned to Henry and smiled. "And what brings you here?"

Henry seemed nervous at being spoken to. But he took in a breath before looking at the leader.

"I was wondering if you had any tasks for me to do." He said with an even voice.

"Sorry Henry. I don’t have anything set up for you yet." Donghae said with a small smile. "But I will have something soon."

Henry seemed to deflate at this. Siwon decided to continue on with his report.

"Oh Donghae," Siwon continued with a grin. "There is something else you should know."

"Hmm?"

"Jang WooHyuk is back. I saw him at the station while I was leaving."

"WooHyuk!" Donghae was even more surprised by this and almost jump to his feet. "What is he doing back?"

"Who?" Henry asked curiously.

"A dangerous person. A very dangerous person." Han Geng replied to the younger. "Basically someone we need to keep our wits about should we cross his path."

"I've never heard of him." Henry admitted softly.

This seemed to be the right thing to say for Donghae had an enlighten look on his face. He turned and grinned at Henry.

"That's perfect then. I know what I will have you do Henry." Donghae declared. "I will have you be in charge in finding out what Jang WooHyuk is doing back in Seoul. Since you don’t know him then he probably doesn’t know you either. You have a good chance in getting close with him."

"Donghae are you sure this is a good idea?" Han Geng asked worriedly. "If WooHyuk figures it out then it could be bad for Henry. And if something happens to Henry then Zhou Mi will be after blood."

"It is a dangerous task." Donghae agreed with a nod. "One that could get you killed if you are caught. But you said you wanted to do something worth your position in my gang. So I will give you the choice. Will you do this Henry?"

"Yes." He replied without any hesitation. "I will tail this person and figure out what you need. But I don’t know where to start."

"Good. And don’t worry about that. Kyuhyun can get you up to date on who he is and help you out." He turned to the computer genius and nodded his head. "Go take care of that now."

Kyuhyun got to his feet and led Henry out of the room. The remaining three waited until the door closed and the footsteps of the pair were gone before continuing their own conversation.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Han Geng asked. "I don’t think Henry is up for something like this, and WooHyuk is no regular person. This really could not end well."

"Ah you worry Han Geng." Donghae replied with a grin as he leaned back in his chair. "I think this will work out exactly the way we need it too."

"Uh huh. And who is going to tell Zhou Mi that his precious lover is doing this mission?"

Donghae seemed to pale at this. Running a hand along his neck he gave a hesitant laugh.

"I'll deal with that when I need to." He decided as calmly as he could.

"Right." Han Geng replied with a roll of his eyes. Siwon chuckled in response.

Donghae shot the pair a look but didn’t do anything to say otherwise. Siwon understood though. Zhou Mi could be a very scary person when he was angry. And the one thing that angered him more than anything was something happening to Henry. It was nice to see him so loyal to the boy but one couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if something bad was to befell him.

Siwon sighed and leaned back in his chair. Suddenly things were going to move in a very complicated manner. He looked up at the two men.

"What have you learned?" He asked his friend curiously.

"Not too much to be honest. Kyuhyun is still digging through some information and he is trying to decipher what is actually important and what is just junk. Ryeowook came back not too long ago to say he has spoken to Onew but the man has not made a decision on if he will help us or not. And we have not had time to talk to Leeteuk just yet. But I figure that will be one of the more easier things we do."

"What a time we must be in where talking with Leeteuk was the easy part of the mess."

Donghae laughed at this. He also leaned back in his chair with a relaxed expression on his face. Siwon looked at his friend and could help but feel a little jealous of his friend's casual nature. It was obvious it was brought on because of Eunhyuk. Ever since he has met the successor of T there was a change to him. Siwon understood it. Eunhyuk was a special person but he couldn’t feel that he should be the one who had the connection with the other. If only he was able to make an impression to the other at the party. But even then he could feel he has already lost to his friend. Without realizing it his face must have tensed up because Donghae was staring at him concerned.

"Are you okay Siwon?" He asked him.

"Oh, ah yes. Sorry Donghae, was thinking of something else."

"Must have been something important in order for you to lose focus at the issue on the hand."

Siwon looked away from the gazes that both men sent his way. He obviously could not tell them what his thoughts were. Donghae has already shown a very possessive nature when it came to the other man. And he wasn’t sure how Han Geng would react either to all of this. He felt Han Geng's loyalty was first to the gang and second to the heart.

"It was nothing Donghae. Don’t worry about it. Tell me what plans do you have for the detective to be involved."

"Like I said the other, Kibum is the better person to get involved. I feel like Jongwoon is in way too deep with us. He may focus too much on us and not enough time to want to be involved with EXO's shenanigans. But Kibum will follow after them, and in theory drag his partner along for the ride."

"So we are getting both of them to do our bidding in this roundabout way."

"Pretty much. Kibum has a lot to learn. But he is still easy to control. He just doesn’t realize it yet. So as long as we subtly lead him, we will get what we want in the end."

"Donghae, you can be a scary mother er when you need to be." Siwon said with a whistle.

The shark like grin on Donghae's face was more proof of that. Siwon had to grin as well. Now the fun was really starting. And he was going to have a front row seat on the action.